Custom ROM - Bluetimes QPRO/MK902II/CS918II/CX998/CS968/Cloudnetgo CR12/13/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried the 1.0 ROM
    Well, first thing: Thx Shomari for helping us!
    I flashed only system and boot as you suggested.
    Unfortunately I still have the issues I had with the 20140822 RKM ROM

I have a HDMI 2.0 4k TV (Thoshiba) and an AVR (Pioneer)
    If I connect the box directly to the AVR I can't get any sound through the HDMI :'( (tried default and bistream and multiple config on the AVR).
    Strange thing: when connected to the TV, the HDMI sound works ...
    So I connect the box to the TV and I use an optical wire to connect to the AVR with SPDIF.

My main issue:
    I set my TV on HDMI2 for the box, if I go to HDMI1 for my other devices, then come back to HDMI2, the picture is black, I tried a lot of thing: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...al-on-a-RK3288
    And after the "black screen I need multiple power on to get the box back. If I reboot the box without having the black screen, it always boot nicely.

Other issues:
    - Ethernet still extremely slow: 4Mb/s, Wifi is 25Mb/s
    - Max resolution is 2160p30, I should be able to go to 2160p60
    - Only stereo sound with XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
      It's been tested.

ROM compatibility does not require that all devices use an identical PCBa. Most compatibility issues with RK3288 will arise from kernel configurations.

My Dear Watson, I see your edits. [after reading your edits I will add the following]

Again, it's been tested.

Do you challenge everyone else's posts as you do mine? Or is there something special about what I write that draws you so sternly?

This is exactly why I said I don't want to post in this forum any longer. Everything is a ridiculous quarrel. Even the simplest contributions are batted down and questioned.

Have you polluted anyone else's ROM release threads with probing accusations as you've done mine? This is my first ROM, released because there is a scarcity of RK3288 ROMs.

Can you please stop the probing and speculation? Soon it will be several pages of back and forth with you about boxes you do not even own. I ask that you allow this space for users intending to use and inquire about this ROM. If it is found to be troublesome, it will be removed. If not by me, then surely by one of my other 'sympathizers'.

And I haven't done any of my testing with the help of any manufacturer, gifts or special placement from mods or admins.

I do this as a gesture of appreciation and for fun. But this forum is sucking the fun out of all of this. This is ridiculous.

I cannot continue on this forum no matter how much I try.
      Sorry if you are pis** off, but that wasn't my intension... but last but not least it's your problem, not mine...
      BTW: In contrast to you, I have not attacked you personally ... this is the small but distinct difference
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
        Sorry if you are pis** off, but that wasn't my intension... but last but not least it's your problem, not mine...
        BTW: In contrast to you, I have not attacked you personally ... this is the small but distinct difference
        You are nice guy, but be more quiet.

Comment

I already apologized, not that I needed to but I feel I was harsh and I don't like coming across that way.

Other than that, just as you said in your own flippant way, it's none of your concern.

I didn't personally attack you at all.

I'm simply putting you on ignore, and end of story. You'll join adanair as another on my list of antagonistic malcontents.

Comment

Originally posted by strikegun View Post
            The Wiki Link just explains the SBS or TAB 3D. That is fine.
            My problem is the 3D Bluray Isos or MKV as MVC. Or is 3D Bluray not supportet by RK3288?

Can you explain me short, where I get the dmesg results? is there a app or a terminal ?
            Yeah you get dmesg in terminal (you can use terminal emulator form play store)

simply type

su
            dmesg

and then you'll get your output

EDIT: ...I have no idea really what formats RK3288 can handle and which it cannot yet. So, I'm unsure about 3D bluray. Maybe someone else reading this can help answer.

Comment

I don't really know if it was like this when the RK3188/3066 forums were set up but these early days of the RK3288 forum section feel very territorial on here. (between brands, devices, etc.)

We're dealing with the same chipset, so I hope eventually everyone cross-pollinates and we all build on what we know. At least on an end user level I think that'll happen. Devs, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCyrix View Post
                I tried the 1.0 ROM
                Well, first thing: Thx Shomari for helping us!
                I flashed only system and boot as you suggested.
                Unfortunately I still have the issues I had with the 20140822 RKM ROM

I have a HDMI 2.0 4k TV (Thoshiba) and an AVR (Pioneer)
                If I connect the box directly to the AVR I can't get any sound through the HDMI :'( (tried default and bistream and multiple config on the AVR).
                Strange thing: when connected to the TV, the HDMI sound works ...
                So I connect the box to the TV and I use an optical wire to connect to the AVR with SPDIF.

My main issue:
                I set my TV on HDMI2 for the box, if I go to HDMI1 for my other devices, then come back to HDMI2, the picture is black, I tried a lot of thing: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...al-on-a-RK3288
                And after the "black screen I need multiple power on to get the box back. If I reboot the box without having the black screen, it always boot nicely.

Other issues:
                - Ethernet still extremely slow: 4Mb/s, Wifi is 25Mb/s
                - Max resolution is 2160p30, I should be able to go to 2160p60
                - Only stereo sound with XBMC

Sorry, can't test the max resolution on my equipment.

My ethernet is faster than that, about 65Mb which is okay but it should be much faster for my connection. Wifi is around 50Mb for me so I thought that was fine. The xbmc stuff I can't say much because there are so many configurations for different equip, etc.

Comment

FYI the HDMI pass through issue (no sound through a receiver) is a known RockChip issue. In the Beelink forums Oman said RK is aware of it and will be working on it.

Also I got word (name withheld) that this maybe a hardware board issue! Some may remember the S89 AML processor issue? This maybe similar but with HDMI. The word I got is only a board change will fix it but as always time well tell!

Also No_spam..... lay off they guy..... You should have read before you posted! Now your just antagonizing him. I don't want to see any more crap going on about this again please.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hello Shomari, you made a great rom. I tested your rom on several boxes:

ENY EKB328:
                    - remote control doesn't work at all.
                    - in FileExporer when I scroll the items up or down they lose their background which is normally some blue gradient when i try to scroll the background becomes dark gray.
                    - ethernet connection works. speeds are 90 mbps on a 100 mbps link.
                    - wifi 5ghz dosen't work (it is a hardware problem, because it doesn't work with stock rom either)
                    - wifi 2.4ghz works.
                    - HDMI sound works with my TV set, video ok at 1080p60.

SUNCHIP CX-998:
                    - remote control: only 3 buttons work, only the UP function works ok.
                    - ethernet doesn't work.
                    - wifi 5ghz works, 2.4ghz works
                    - power led always is red. like the box is turned off.

****** Q8:
                    - ethernet connection works.
                    - wifi 2.4ghz and 5ghz works.

****** B368:
                    - remote control work very well except for the back button and the volume up & down.
                    - Bluetooth doesn't work.

I have another 2 boxes that I didn't test. One is eBlueTimes - I think there is no need for testing And the other one is from FITO Electronics the BMD4000 which is like Cloudnet CR13 (just the case, I don't have a Cloudnet so I can look inside, anyway it has a camera too). I'll post after I test your rom.

P.S. Tested with v1.1

Comment

Hi Shomari
                      so here are two logs where the B4S is connected to the 7.1 Hifi System:

dmesg after ran XBMC

dmesg after ran the native player "videoplayer"

Does these help?

PS: Can that be a problem?
                      <3>[ 1.377122] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [HDMI] read edid base block error<4>[ 1.357495] Init: Power Port (0)
                      <3>[ 1.396810] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid read error
                      <3>[ 1.396918] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid try times 1
                      <3>[ 1.524719] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid read error
                      <3>[ 1.524827] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid try times 0
                      <3>[ 1.632964] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [HDMI] read edid base block error
                      <3>[ 1.652641] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid read error
                      <3>[ 1.652748] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid try times 1
                      <4>[ 1.711691] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00021501
                      <3>[ 1.780559] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid read error
                      <3>[ 1.780666] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid try times 0
                      <3>[ 1.888801] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [HDMI] read edid base block error
                      <3>[ 1.888811] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: warning: EDID error, assume sink as DVI !!!!
                      <6>[ 1.888817] usb 2-1: new full-speed USB device number 2 using usb20_otg
                      <6>[ 1.888829] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: warning: no CEA video mode parsed from EDID !!!!
                      Last edited by strikegun; 09-20-2014, 16:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        ... Also No_spam..... lay off they guy..... You should have read before you posted! Now your just antagonizing him. I don't want to see any more crap going on about this again please....
                        No sorry Bob, I only wanted to help and wanted to be sure, and if I have the feeling, someone will diss me because of that (and of couse I read it and of cause I understand what his words means and of cause you know why he was ps** off) I write some words... normaly also about something like "You are nice guy, but be more quiet."... And I think you know me long time enough, that this isn't my style, but to say nothing isn't also not my style!
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

No sorry Bob, I only wanted to help and wanted to be sure, and if I have the feeling, someone will diss me because of that (and of couse I read it and of cause I understand what his words means and of cause you know why he was ps** off) I write some words... normaly also about something like "You are nice guy, but be more quiet."... And I think you know me long time enough, that this isn't my style, but to say nothing isn't also not my style!
                          Better to just ignore each other OK..... No more discussion is needed and pollution of this thread.

Thanks,
                          Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Better to just ignore each other OK..... No more discussion is needed and pollution of this thread.

Thanks,
                            Bob
                            OK, thanks...
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by mindful View Post
                              Hello Shomari, you made a great rom. I tested your rom on several boxes:

ENY EKB328:
                              - in FileExporer when I scroll the items up or down they lose their background which is normally some blue gradient when i try to scroll the background becomes dark gray.
                              - ethernet connection works. speeds are 90 mbps on a 100 mbps link.
                              - wifi 5ghz dosen't work (it is a hardware problem, because it doesn't work with stock rom either)
                              - wifi 2.4ghz works.

SUNCHIP CX-998:
                              - remote control: only 3 buttons work, only the UP function works ok.
                              - ethernet doesn't work.
                              - wifi 5ghz works, 2.4ghz works
                              - power led always is red. like the box is turned off.

****** Q8:

****** B368:
                              - remote control work very well except for the back button and the volume up & down.
                              - Bluetooth doesn't work.

I have another 2 boxes that I didn't test. One is eBlueTimes - I think there is no need for testing And the other one is from FITO Electronics the BMD4000 which is like Cloudnet CR13 (just the case, I don't have a Cloudnet so I can look inside, anyway it has a camera too). I'll post after I test your rom.

P.S. Tested with v1.1

Thank You! ...so how much do folks use these remotes? Of all things, the last thing I expect to be broken is remotes. hahahaha .... this is going to get interesting.

But thanks again for the excellent feedback.

Comment

Also I got word (name withheld) that this maybe a hardware board issue!

Bob
                                ....damn shame but it wouldn't be surprising. I'm hoping that's not the case

Comment

Working...
                                X