X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• po2lony1
    replied
    Originally posted by Shomari View Post
    I have the QPRO and it plays 4K without issue in XBMC, I've posted several videos of playback of different formats. 1080p of any kind is better than excellent, only audiophiles should refrain from these boxes until the audio potentials are understood and clarified. They handle nearly all video flawlessly.

As for those with slow ethernet, that's been solved. Look for updated firmwares and kernels in the future.

I did flash the kernel from this ROM and the Ethernet is still slow. Can you point me to the right kernel or download that will fix that issue? I got the MK902ii
    Thanks.
    Last edited by po2lony1; 09-24-2014, 14:06.

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    Originally posted by po2lony1 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have the MK902ii and flashed this rom with all the images not just system and the other one.
    The reason for that was that my xbmc playback stuttered on the stock firmware when i played high quality 1080p files

Also I get the buffering every 5 minutes Im using WIFI since the ethernet is unusable with the low speed. Is that an issue with the XBMC or this Box and android? Im really uhappy since I got this box for XBMC playback mainly and thought that Quadcore would be enough to play 1080p. Its an 18gb MKV file 2 hour movie (im not even considering 4K atm)

Do you guys think this is something RMK will fix in the future? 720P and streming from web works fine.

Thanks! for all your comments and information.
    I have the QPRO and it plays 4K without issue in XBMC, I've posted several videos of playback of different formats. 1080p of any kind is better than excellent, only audiophiles should refrain from these boxes until the audio potentials are understood and clarified. They handle nearly all video flawlessly.

As for those with slow ethernet, that's been solved. Look for updated firmwares and kernels in the future.

Leave a comment:

• po2lony1
    replied
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    Man you are a genius! It works like a charm! barely buffering and no stutter at all, even on 32GB Lord of the rings mkv. Finally I'm happy with this box.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by po2lony1 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have the MK902ii and flashed this rom with all the images not just system and the other one.
    The reason for that was that my xbmc playback stuttered on the stock firmware when i played high quality 1080p files

Also I get the buffering every 5 minutes Im using WIFI since the ethernet is unusable with the low speed. Is that an issue with the XBMC or this Box and android? Im really uhappy since I got this box for XBMC playback mainly and thought that Quadcore would be enough to play 1080p. Its an 18gb MKV file 2 hour movie (im not even considering 4K atm)

Do you guys think this is something RMK will fix in the future? 720P and streming from web works fine.

Try koying's one http://spmc.semperpax.com/
    and maybe also Helix (Kodi/XBMC 14)

You can install both at the same time...

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    replied
    Let me try link mine steaming fine so local file an issue only. I find none of my zip USB drives work so maybe just added support I trying new roms too. I have mk902 can test too.

Leave a comment:

• po2lony1
    replied
    MK902II XBMC playback issues

Hi Guys,

Leave a comment:

• pedorie
    replied
    Resolution? Rotation?

Hi somari,

I have a old Sony TV that seems to have big troubles with the HDMI comming from this box. (in my case the measy)
    Sound did never work with this TV. No matter what firmware i flash in it.
    A samsung TV works ok.

look at this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140920_230233.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	434868
    See the picture of what hapened with my sony tv and your Rom.. It looks like the RK3288 found it self rotated...
    Samsung tv worked fine.

I did found something about HDMI audio problems with some TV's... mayby you understand this.. I am not.
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...some-TVs-FIX-!!!

Don't bother my old TV, but it is strange don't you think???
    It plays fine with other HDMI sources...

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    Originally posted by mindful View Post
    Hello Shomari ...

Have you made any progress in the ir remote "problem" ?

If you need me to help you with testing I am more than willingly
    ..haven't started on it yet, but be aware it's a kernel issue. Not just a matter of key layouts like it seemed at first glance. Thanks for being willing to test.

Leave a comment:

• mindful
    replied
    Long pressing the power button on the QPRO while the device is on brings up the power menu.

On the QPRO standby/resume function normally, without long press.

For a later release I'm going to work on incorporating proper IR remote compatibility across devices.
    Hello Shomari ...

Have you made any progress in the ir remote "problem" ?

If you need me to help you with testing I am more than willingly

Leave a comment:

• DarkCyrix
    replied
    Oops, forgot Netflix(French) in my report:
    Installed from the PlayStore, works like a charm!

Leave a comment:

• strikegun
    replied
    The video resolution? I thought yours was an audio problem?

I looked back ... that 3D issue isn't an RK3288 problem, if that's what you're referring to; I can't test it myself, though.
    Both,
    Pass through and video.
    Perhaps I was not clear enough, sorry my pitty.
    I am getting to much input and have so many hours spent fiddling around.
    If you need any info's or test, I would be glad to help.

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    Originally posted by strikegun View Post
    Shomari,
    will you take a look on the video issue I send you? Is it a HDMI hardware problem of the rk3288 or a firmware problem?
    Its driving me nuts, that it doesn't detect the correct resolution.
    thx a lot
    The video resolution? I thought yours was an audio problem?

I looked back ... that 3D issue isn't an RK3288 problem, if that's what you're referring to; I can't test it myself, though.
    Last edited by Shomari; 09-21-2014, 20:27.

Leave a comment:

• strikegun
    replied
    Shomari,
    will you take a look on the video issue I send you? Is it a HDMI hardware problem of the rk3288 or a firmware problem?
    Its driving me nuts, that it doesn't detect the correct resolution.
    thx a lot

Originally posted by strikegun View Post
    Hi Shomari
    so here are two logs where the B4S is connected to the 7.1 Hifi System:

dmesg after ran XBMC

dmesg after ran the native player "videoplayer"

I found this:
    <3>[ 1.377122] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [HDMI] read edid base block error<4>[ 1.357495] Init: Power Port (0)
    <3>[ 1.396810] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid read error
    <3>[ 1.396918] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid try times 1
    <3>[ 1.524719] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid read error
    <3>[ 1.524827] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid try times 0
    <3>[ 1.632964] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [HDMI] read edid base block error
    <3>[ 1.652641] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid read error
    <3>[ 1.652748] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid try times 1
    <4>[ 1.711691] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00021501
    <3>[ 1.780559] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid read error
    <3>[ 1.780666] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [hdmi_dev_read_edid] edid try times 0
    <3>[ 1.888801] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: [HDMI] read edid base block error
    <3>[ 1.888811] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: warning: EDID error, assume sink as DVI !!!!
    <6>[ 1.888817] usb 2-1: new full-speed USB device number 2 using usb20_otg
    <6>[ 1.888829] rk3288-hdmi ff980000.hdmi: warning: no CEA video mode parsed from EDID !!!!

Leave a comment:

• junglist
    replied
    [QUOTE=no_spam_for_me;229862]Would you like to take some pcb-pictures for

THX[/QUOTE

doesnt seem to be that easy to remove the cover without invalidating the warranty, but the model is shown here quite clearly:

Shenzhen Sunchip shows their RK3288 based HDMI Stick and Set-top-box PCB, the hardware is ready, they just need another month or so for the software to be re...

by the way it has 16gb/2gb ram, and no sd card, but 3 full size usb. The ethernet works on the stock rom but can only achieve 7-8MBytes per sec, wifi can only achieve 3MBytes per sec when right next to 5g router.

Does anyone think that the gigabit drivers will actually ever work for these boxes? I really wanted mine to be useful browsing large folders on my network and was hoping the gigabit ethernet would be the answer.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by mindful View Post
    ... Cloudnet CR13/FITO BMD4000...
    Cloudnet CR13 (without RS-232) / Cloudnet CR16 (with RS-232) / FITO BMD4000
    seams to use the same pcb, so would you also like to take some pcb pictures for

THX

Leave a comment:

Working...
X