Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working and tested roms on the mk902II

HI Everyone

Just wanted to start a Thread for mk902ll that shows some details of each rom that works pros and cons of each.

so Far just tested base rom and ill start this week to try all the new ones out for each of these boxes and list pros and cons of each as i see some may have other comments,

Stock rom shipped with mk902ll has no drive support none of my zip drives work with it and its fast clean comes with xbmc with hacked h264 player. ive loaded gotham 14 beta 3 works fine as well. Still no bell tv app working in the rom.

google play store working, its added petrus boot from kitchen apps works wifi ok network ok (nothing special loads fine)
    ill load some other this week as i free up time.

Last edited by scooter2014; 10-07-2014, 17:42.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    ive loaded gotham 14 beta 3 works fine as well.
    What kind of media did you try this with? I installed 13.2 stable on my MK902II and had issues with frame stuttering on some movies, where the stock custom 13.0 alpha plays them just fine*.

* Just fine when ignoring the fact that audio passthrough is utterly hosed for both HDMI and SP/DIF.

Comment

all of them with exception of 4k and obviously h264 files.

Dude i didnt test the passthrough as i wont have till tonight. one i have it and i start testing the other roms will post the screens as well. have you tried any other roms or just the stock yourself?
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
        .. with exception of 4k and obviously h264 files.
        Do you mean HEVC (aka H.265) or what formats did you test?

I have only tried the stock rom, and I'm not going to try a new rom until there's an indication of audio passthrough being fixed and there's an updated XBMC client with proper hardware acceleration.

But I'm interested in your findings, so thanks.

Comment

What kind of media did you try this with??

Comment

Originally posted by bobo21 View Post
            What kind of media did you try this with??
            If you mean me, then I tried with 4-5 various recent 1080p scene release movies. Initially it was caused by the extremely poor ethernet running at 3-4mbit/s, but that fixed itself and I also tested it with WiFi at ~40mbit/s and got the same frame stuttering.

Mind you, this was with the latest Gotham 13.2 stable release, not the Gotham 13.0 Alpha with custom RockChip code included on stock rom. Once I restored the firmware and XBMC, the stuttering issues went away, but now I'm stuck with 2 channel PCM audio.

Comment

HTC BLUE ROM

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-06-21-37-20.png
Views:	1
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	434953Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-06-22-05-26.png
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	434954Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-06-22-05-35.png
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	434955oK lots missing in this rom but it runs on the mk902, i can get drives to load on this one zip drives all show up but none are seen in xbmc gotham 14 beta 3, Fast snappy rom. Video playes well with no dropped frames ill load them in next post. scores ok in antutu, File manager is basic. Home screen is basic as well. I loaded nova all working ok. Just going to play for a bit on this rom to get a taste of the different options out there. I can play all the video files from the drives and web sites in player but i cant load into xbmc to play them. I installed better file manager and browser so i can post the screens ect. All in not a bad rom.

Rom is NOT!!! ROOTED. as well.
              Last edited by scooter2014; 10-07-2014, 04:24.

Comment

This rom runs hot as well suggest a fan on it i have it on a small base fan works well but i hope we will get to see some more fixes. Cant see the belltv app on play store and dont have it so didnt check it. wish the links to the other boxes had better software links if anyone can throw up the links to cloudnet i cant read there web page and think its a log in.
                Attached Files

Comment

Is there a fix for no audio hdmi on receiver av? MK902II?

Tank you.

Comment

It worked for hdmi i didnt try the spif will try once i get mine installed been so busy missed the delievery.

Ive noticed that alot of the links to files are dead and i cant find some of the roms to download and test. if anyone has a rom link post it and let me know what it is and ill try them out.
                    (I quess someone removed all the files when he left?)
                    Last edited by scooter2014; 10-07-2014, 17:45.

Comment

Originally posted by shupifero View Post
                      Is there a fix for no audio hdmi on receiver av? MK902II?

Tank you.
                      I have the same problem, and I think this is the same problem with the 3188.
                      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-some-TVs-FIX-!!

Unfortunatly I don't know how to build a 3288 kernel maybe somone knows how to get the source code and the toolchain ?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCyrix View Post
                        I have the same problem, and I think this is the same problem with the 3188.
                        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-some-TVs-FIX-!!

Unfortunatly I don't know how to build a 3288 kernel maybe somone knows how to get the source code and the toolchain ?
                        But on tv i have sound with HDMI, but on the AV Receiver have no sound!!
                        How can brands send to market uncompleted thing?

Comment

Ok Cloudnet go rom tested works well no heat cool and clean rom not rooted again. but this one seems more complete it sees my drives and plays the files in gotham 14 beta 4.

nothing impressive with the home screen and rom its a basic rom it does allow my drive access and windows access so more here then the last test network speed not as fast as last one and wifi ok nothing special again. runs ok and just as quick as the last one but cpu set lower id think but all in better then last test. video does have a chooppy effect not sure if thats just network here because drive files ran with no issue..

finding the files to down load and test a little bit of pain in the butt but i am starting to find some of them now. hope screens load on this browse been having issue loading them in the other browsers.

pass through works in hdmi. but seems volume set low as i had to turn yv up to hear streamed files.

Comment

Screen shots
                            Attached Files

Comment

Trying to load ricomagic ROM and wont load thought I bricked went back to cloudnetgo boots downloaded again same thing, all the others boot, weird! Trying on XP machine now.

Ok this one has me stumped the stock rom since ive tried other roms now will not load even the led lights dont load if i flash back to (it does get seen in the flash tool) any of the other roms blue, cloudnetgo it boots fine i re tried on the xp computer same thing just wondering if the custom rom left something or flashed with a different loader or change something because stock rom from ricomagic wont boot at all.

Wierd lol.

Maybe deleting someone who pulled his files but posted everyware about the rom should be deleted so many dead links on these threads now.

regards.
                              Last edited by scooter2014; 10-09-2014, 13:53.

Comment

Working...
                              X