Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CS918ii: MAC address changing by itself ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

My first message here

Hopefully someone can help me !

I have a CS918ii, and in normal operations (other than testing) it is connected with an ethernet cable and Wifi is turned off.

In the menu I see that my MAC address changes every time I reboot it:

Somewhere else in the menu there is a "Wifi MAC Address", which seem not to change, but I am not interested about it since I am connected with a cable.

So my questions are:
    - Do I look at the correct place ? It is the first time I see a MAC address changing by itself ! Anyway this really has the format of a MAC address...
    - Why does it change ? How to make it NOT change ?
    - Are there interests in having a changing MAC ? I have my own network so I don't believe I am MAC-filtered anywhere.

My goal was to configure a DHCP static lease.

Thanks in advance for any help

It's the same as at rk3188...
    Only devices which using a USB to LAN chip (e.g. ASIX) have an static MAC ("burned" into the chip) but all other devices which use the LAN-port integrated into the SoC don't have a static MAC ("burned" into the SoC)...
    At rk3188 there exist at some FW the way to set it e.g. via init.d and there via ifconf OR there also exist a patch tool for the bootloader to fix it with a static MAC (but I don't know if it also works with the rk3288 boodloader)...

I think at the moment the better way is to use a static IP at the device (without DHCP)...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thank you.

Is it possible to define a static IP and to still have DHCP enabled on my router for other devices ?

Anyway I will test it and if it works it is true I will not care what the MAC is !

Regards

Comment

Yes of cause...
        - configure e.g. DHCP IP range at router x.x.x.010 till x.x.x.099
        - use e.g. x.x.x.101 at the box
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Yes I see, puting the static IP outside of DHCP range. Thanks !

Comment

Works like a charm... Thanks !

Comment

TV01II - MAC address changes after reboot...

Hi!
              No other solution available?
              I use the MAC addresses and static IP-s as well to filtering internet access...

So right now I can connect to my network by wifi...

Comment

Maybe you can fix it this way
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Hi, thanks.
                  I have checked the linked solution. For me it seems it os for some kknd of developer board. Is it same as a real tv box?

Comment

Thank you! Then I will try it!

Comment

Working...
                    X