Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone creating a new custom firmware for these android boxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone creating a new custom firmware for these android boxes?

I was just wondering if anyone is in the process of creating a new firmware for these types of 3288 boxes? Finless, etc. Also if so, about when can we expect it? Thanks

Soo many new boxes at the same time plus beta boxes sure someone will do some at some point but it's like a mad house with new types of boxes and software out. Good thing with the HTC is if one rom made for one should work for most 😆
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Nagrace & Beelink devices are the most supported at the moment since the manufacturers provide decent support to users and ROM developers, provide boxes for testing and fix issues fast.

Unless the manufacturers of these HTC RK3288 devices provide the same support, people aren't going to take time making ROM's for them. These devices might end up the same as the 'clone' RK3188 devices with no support. Since these boxes use newer 3.10 kernels, it is possible to make custom ROM's in future, but don't expect anything any time soon.

Comment

Ricomagic has already release 3 update and ugoos is pushing a second update as well. Cloudnet go also does dev support and has following and since all of these boards similar moe dont see why some wouldnt be made, You cant lump in a few good companys with all the bad?
        expect to see some roms for them in future. Both have shipped boxes to devs as well. the others not to sure of?
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Looks like your days of waiting for a Dev to make custom firmware for your TV boxes are over!

Check the HTC 3288 Section, custom ROMS are already starting to coming out for those devices!
          "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

Working...
          X