Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK902II VS MK902II LE - Are they the same besides software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK902II VS MK902II LE - Are they the same besides software?

Hello everyone!

I have a Tronsmart R28 that I love and use everyday, but I also obtained a MK902II. I haven't done much of anything with the MK902II because I've already got the R28 setup exactly as I want and it meets my needs for a Android TV box perfectly.

So I have became interested in putting Ubuntu on my MK902II. I know that they sell a version of this box that comes with Ubuntu preinstalled, but I'm wondering if that same firmware will work on the Android version. I've done some searching, but can't find any details about how to actually download or install Ubuntu on the MK902II. Has anyone here attempted it?

Also, I recently put Ubuntu on a Chromebook so the kids could play Minecraft on it. Does anyone know if it would it be possible to do the same with my little box?

I'm pretty sure the hardware is identical, the board is HTC based at least:

You should beware of this though:

Hi, sorry you are having trouble, the website description does mention that hardware accelerated video is not supported at this moment in time, its kind of work in progress right now. The best thing I can recommend if you want to use it as a media center is to install android, its simply just the best OS for this, head over to the Rikomagic downloads page for the MK902II, any android version should work fine.

Comment

+1 "You should beware of this" but it seems rockchip is working at it...
      Another story is to get the LE fw (same thing at rk3188 LE)...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks for the warning guys. Honestly, I don't care much about the media uses. My R28 already handles that well. As it is right now, my MK902II spends all of its time in the retail packaging anyway. So loading up Ubuntu would be mostly for tinkering purposes only. Glad to hear that they are addressing the issue though.

Comment

Working...
        X