Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rikomagic RKM MK902II & Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Rikomagic RKM MK902II & Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS ?

    Hello people I'm thinking on buying a Rikomagic MK902II with the new CPU Rockchip 3288 Quad Core - http://www.rikomagic.com/en/product/showpro_id_56_pid_20.html the specs are good but I cant find any precise info if we will be able to passthrough Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 via its optical cable to a DD / DTS AV receiver amp does anyone tested this.

    Please tell me if it works correctly read in forums that people bought other android devices but didn't manage to use XBMC KODI and passthrough DD or DTS 5.1 to the amplifier IM hoping of not doing the same mistake

    Thanks in advance

    #2
    Originally posted by ScorpionMystery View Post
    Hello people I'm thinking on buying a Rikomagic MK902II with the new CPU Rockchip 3288 Quad Core - http://www.rikomagic.com/en/product/showpro_id_56_pid_20.html the specs are good but I cant find any precise info if we will be able to passthrough Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 via its optical cable to a DD / DTS AV receiver amp does anyone tested this.

    Please tell me if it works correctly read in forums that people bought other android devices but didn't manage to use XBMC KODI and passthrough DD or DTS 5.1 to the amplifier IM hoping of not doing the same mistake

    Thanks in advance
    You need to use a patched Kodi and patched libmedia.so file for passtrough that has been posted previously in the Beelink and Minix 7 threads.

    Comment


      #3
      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...MI-passthrough

      Working on mine.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

      Comment


        #4
        Ok im buying the machine even more now that im reading it will deal very well with 2K and 4K at least there are some tests being made.
        Thanks a lot friends

        Comment


          #5
          Patched libmedia.so for SPMC (clone of XBMC)

          Originally posted by mo123 View Post
          You need to use a patched Kodi and patched libmedia.so file for passtrough that has been posted previously in the Beelink and Minix 7 threads.
          Hello,

          I use SPMC (clone of XBMC), may I updated the patched libmedia.so too ?

          Thank you for your answer....

          Best regards.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by domrol View Post
            Hello,

            I use SPMC (clone of XBMC), may I updated the patched libmedia.so too ?

            Thank you for your answer....

            Best regards.
            With SPMC v13.4.0 you don't just need patched libmedia.so.
            You need at least 6 new files to make passthrough work properly from Rockchip's new passthrough patch for their SDK.
            Most new ROM's have those updated files now eg. Beelink,Ugoos,Nagrace,Openhour etc.
            But since Rikomagic uses different wifi, you will have to try using an old kernel & resource.img from stock Rikomagic ROM's with one of those new ROM's.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by mo123 View Post
              With SPMC v13.4.0 you don't just need patched libmedia.so.
              You need at least 6 new files to make passthrough work properly from Rockchip's new passthrough patch for their SDK.
              Most new ROM's have those updated files now eg. Beelink,Ugoos,Nagrace,Openhour etc.
              But since Rikomagic uses different wifi, you will have to try using an old kernel & resource.img from stock Rikomagic ROM's with one of those new ROM's.
              Hi mo123,
              .... and thank you for your answer.

              "... You need at least 6 new files to make passthrough work properly from Rockchip's new passthrough patch for their SDK..."

              Where could I find the libmedia.so and the 6 others files ?
              I've writen to the hotline of Rikomagic.
              They answer me that all will be right after receive the new version of XBMC but they don't said me that a new version of their firmware will be given for resolve this problem of DD / DTS on Spdif toshlink.

              Thank you for your help.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by domrol View Post
                Hi mo123,
                .... and thank you for your answer.

                "... You need at least 6 new files to make passthrough work properly from Rockchip's new passthrough patch for their SDK..."

                Where could I find the libmedia.so and the 6 others files ?
                I've writen to the hotline of Rikomagic.
                They answer me that all will be right after receive the new version of XBMC but they don't said me that a new version of their firmware will be given for resolve this problem of DD / DTS on Spdif toshlink.

                Thank you for your help.
                New firmware from Rikomagic should include those 6 files for passthrough in SPMC.
                Keep asking them when the new firmware is coming out.
                Or you can use Wasser v2.0.3 ROM or HPH v1.2 ROM but replace with your kernel and resource.img file you extracted from your stock ROM or wifi won't work.
                Might need boot.img from Rikomagic stock ROM also to get wifi working, but that is not compatible with my ROM or Wasser v2.0.3.

                Keep asking Rikomagic for firmware updates as that will be the easiest way and post in their forum.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                  New firmware from Rikomagic should include those 6 files for passthrough in SPMC.
                  Keep asking them when the new firmware is coming out.
                  Or you can use Wasser v2.0.3 ROM or HPH v1.2 ROM but replace with your kernel and resource.img file you extracted from your stock ROM or wifi won't work.
                  Might need boot.img from Rikomagic stock ROM also to get wifi working, but that is not compatible with my ROM or Wasser v2.0.3.

                  Keep asking Rikomagic for firmware updates as that will be the easiest way and post in their forum.
                  Ok thank you I've just written to Rikomagic...
                  It's curious but scooter2014 has written few posts above : "Working on mine" ???

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by domrol View Post
                    Ok thank you I've just written to Rikomagic...
                    It's curious but scooter2014 has written few posts above : "Working on mine" ???
                    There are many Roms that are working for the rk3288.. I have tried 3 and all are working (but i still have to use boot.img from stock..) but i have a feeling that boot.img changes the kernel to stock version because the dev said that NFS is supported in their kernel versions, but if i type cat /proc/filesystem in terminal it only support cifs in kernel and i need to Mount nfs modul, which i cant find anywere for the Linux kernel 3.10.0

                    maybe iam wrong (not strong with the Linux system - so i google alot ) but iam looking forward to mo123 update his ROM and maybe find a fully working kernel for rk3288 with NFS support

                    Comment


                      #11
                      http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...282#pid1820282

                      Pretty sure once lollipop comes all this will be re done and if rockchip would provide the fix (as it can be done in firmware it's work for them but benifits all) waiting to see what's out in new year for 3288 devices. But as always with rockchip I'll believe it when I see it.

                      I like spmc but I'd rather the fix was for both kodi and spmc.
                      Last edited by scooter2014; 12-23-2014, 16:12.
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        The new rom from Ricomagic fixes a lot of these issues and more. Should be public release in a short time period.

                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          RKM MK902II Software(141227)Fix list: 1 - Update the blue ray library,audio track can be switched. 2 - Support BD ISO 3D playback. 3 - Fixed Keyboard/Mouse lag issue. 4 - Fix some Incompatible problems of some apps in Google play*

                          http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_32_1.html

                          New update

                          Comment


                            #14
                            So the only mention of audio is in relation to BluRay audio tracks. Anyone willing to test if this means that a standard Kodi (or SPMC) installation can now play DTS and Dolby Digital over S/PDIF or HDMI?

                            Because I don't believe so, and I already got a patched libmedia.so with a patched Kodi, so testing this very unlikely fix is low on my TODO list

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Tested it but man alot if let downs In this release. The software needs work launcher needs work. The location setting not even installed on this one as well. They did something to the 1080p settings as we because the hph launcher is half screen in 1080 p in this one I reloaded last one and it works fine in 1080p? -I'll email them my findings but I'll stick with the beta 1211 firmware.
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X