Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rikomagic RKM MK902II & Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've tested this software on my Measy B4S and everything is OK. But to have Dolby Digital and DTS via HDMI it is needed to use hacked libmedia.so and kodi beta1 with pass through fix. I have location, and 1080 resolution (with small icons and fonts, but for me that's ok).

Comment

In the latest version HDMI-CEC is set by default to On.
      Is it possible to pass it to Off in system configuration files ? How ?

Comment

Originally posted by domrol View Post
        In the latest version HDMI-CEC is set by default to On.
        Is it possible to pass it to Off in system configuration files ? How ?
        (A dev called Mo123 write to a guy that cant enable CEC that he should )

There is a HDMI_CEC.ko file in /system/usr/keylayout folder that you can edit.
        ----------

i dont know anything about android - but try that.. Or try to flash mo123 ROM 1.2 and use your own boot.img and CEC will be off.. Iam running his software and it is working perfect.. If you try the ROM 1.3 you have to flash 3 files from rikomagic stock ROM (boot.img, resources.img and kernel.img).. He is looking into if he can make a ROM that works out of the box, for our box.. That will be priceless

Regards

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your answer...
          I've written to Rikomagic team, they answer to me :

"...
          Even no HDMI CEC,our FW support power on with the TV on, it's convenience for user,when they power on the TV, then the box is power on,
          otherwise they should turn on the TV first then turn on again.
          You can check the old fw,it support hdmi on.
          .../...
          Regarding HDMI CEC,I agree with you,we should create a option to turn on/off the function, I have passed your feedabck to engineers,
          they will consider how to add this option in the next FW.
          ..."

Last edited by domrol; 01-05-2015, 13:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomasqqq View Post
            (A dev called Mo123 write to a guy that cant enable CEC that he should )

There is a HDMI_CEC.ko file in /system/usr/keylayout folder that you can edit.
            ----------

i dont know anything about android - but try that.. Or try to flash mo123 ROM 1.2 and use your own boot.img and CEC will be off.. Iam running his software and it is working perfect.. If you try the ROM 1.3 you have to flash 3 files from rikomagic stock ROM (boot.img, resources.img and kernel.img).. He is looking into if he can make a ROM that works out of the box, for our box.. That will be priceless

Regards
            I've found hdmi_cec_key.kl only...

Inside this line :
            key 116 POWER WAKE

What could I do ?

Comment

Hi,

Do you know if we can connect a 6 To hard drive on USB port of RKM ?

Comment

Hi,

The new MK902II new fw should be released today, they are uploading now.

Comment

HI all, just got here through the post title.
                  I just updated my MK902II with the latest firmware from the rikomagic website, and I've been able to set HDMI bitstream in android and audio passthrough in Kodi 15.0.
                  DTS seems to be working fine , finally , but Dolby Digital seems dropping frames (tested disabling passthrough in KODI and works fine.).

Is there any suggestions on how to make this work properly ?
                  any library to update, kodi/xmbc version to change ?
                  Thanks!

L.
                  Ps. what about this latest fw update ?

Comment

Originally posted by hdd View Post
                    HI all, just got here through the post title.
                    I just updated my MK902II with the latest firmware from the rikomagic website, and I've been able to set HDMI bitstream in android and audio passthrough in Kodi 15.0.
                    DTS seems to be working fine , finally , but Dolby Digital seems dropping frames (tested disabling passthrough in KODI and works fine.).

Is there any suggestions on how to make this work properly ?
                    any library to update, kodi/xmbc version to change ?
                    Thanks!

L.
                    Ps. what about this latest fw update ?

If i were you, i will stop wasting my time on Rikomagics software because it is very outdated.. I have the same box and i have flashed Mo123s 1.7 rom and it works flawless. Except that his rom is for another hardware so wifi dont work and some of the usb do not work.. But if you uses LAN you will have the best software for your box.

Comment

New software coming. The lollipop rom from wasser be link works on this device I've been running the latest and it's the fastest and best picture I've seem yet on this. 2 usb ports not working and no WiFi. But soon as kernel out from ricomagic we can switch and use Moe123 or wasser roms. Also ugoos Linux works great on SD card.
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Does then worth waiting for the new update ?
                        I would like not to lost functionalities , while trying to make this work.
                        In any case, could you point me over the suggested rom, so I can start looking into it ?
                        (sorry just came here and I'm still learning about this chipset and stuff)
                        Ta.
                        L.

Comment

tested 20150529 and still no luck.
                          Waiting for the next FM to test.....

Comment

Tested : TV01II RK3288 HTC + HPH mo123 v1.4 firmware v1.02 on RKM 902 II and all the audio problems are gone !
                            But due to the ethernet performances got to move back to stock firmware, as I couldn't stream anything from the network ...

Couple of questions (as going through all the forums , tests and firmware made me confusing):

Does 20150529 (or any other ) include the libmedia.so hacked version already ?
                            If not where from can I download them ? (I've been looking around but all the links seems have been expiring)

In case I manage to get the right libmedia.so installed, which version of spmc/kodi should I be using ?
                            (do I need to use a patched version to work ?)

Thanks for any reply.
                            Cheers.
                            L.

Comment

Working...
                            X