Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have this $76(USD) RK3288 box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have this $76(USD) RK3288 box?

Wondering if anyone has one of these. Looks like it almost has it all. Exceptions are only 8GB storage, 1.4 hdmi and no SATA or USB3. I can live without those features for $76. It would seem to be a pretty sweet deal, but we all know that near "too good to be true" deal. Poor firmware with no future development, or trying to dump a bad run of boards or some other reason the price dropped. I know this is a limited time offer, and maybe it is really a good deal, still I worry.
    Any opinions?
    Thanks -RISCy Dude
    Last edited by RISCy Dude; 11-22-2014, 05:38.

You will never find a RK3288 device with USB3 and/or SATA because the RK3288 doesn't support it... If you have a look at http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...e-Overview-BOX you will find out that some devices use the same pcb and one also the same case/housing (and you get an idea where you can find more information)...
    I'm wondering in the 1.4 (maybe a mistake at the GB page?)...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks no_spam_for_me, found it under the section, "HTC_T032_V1.2
      2014_07_04
      ", section. I'll have a look at those related makes/models.
      When I made the exceptions to the, "almost has it all", line, I meant TV Boxes in general, not specifically RK3288 boxes.
      However, even if I had, I may still have made the error.
      Thanks again! -RISCy Dude

Comment

Is this the TV01II box? I just ordered one today with coupon "PAYPALSALE" . brings it down to $54.

Comment

Originally posted by wenlez View Post
          Is this the TV01II box? I just ordered one today with coupon "PAYPALSALE" . brings it down to $54.
          I bought one of these, did anyone else?
          Has yours been shipped yet?

Comment

Originally posted by philerup View Post
            I bought one of these, did anyone else?
            Has yours been shipped yet?
            I bought one too, but it is still freezed in a "processing" status ~~

Comment

Originally posted by menthe View Post
              I bought one too, but it is still freezed in a "processing" status ~~
              Bought one too for sale price on 12/10 still hasn't shipped, I sent an email yesterday for shipping estimate as currently website shows adequate stock at $84, then why make us wait over a week for product to ship?

Comment

Just got mine yesterday. It's fast, runs a bit warm; I updated the bootloader, and boot LINUX from microSD. Still tinkering it.

Comment

Just got mine yesterday. It's fast, runs a bit warm; I updated the bootloader, and boot LINUX from microSD. Still tinkering it.
                  Hello, I am really interested in your Linux experience on this box. Please keep us posted.
                  Thanks. -RISCy Dude

Comment

TV01II TV Box?

Hi,

Did you buy "TV01II" RK3288 android box?
                    How did you update the bootloder (TWRP?)
                    Please share information about root (or rootable) status, which media software do you used, and the results etc...

Thank you in advance

Comment

Root is easy as pie. Search Google for towelroot. Install. Search Google playstore for superuser. Install. Done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey pals!!
                        I bought a tv01II on geekbuying. Fair quality, compact box,good hardware quality. The firlmware is not good to me: multitasking makes the box lag a lot (donwloading movies while surfing), the box lags, or movies lag even in 540p with mxplayer or xbmc. But this box uses the same pcb as measy b4s or cloudnetgo cr12 and rikomagic mk902II. Actually i am using the best firmware for this box: the cloudnetgo cr12 firmware:smooth,bugless,video in bluray 1080p works just fine my friend. Cloudnetgo releases a lot of updates (every month) so it is great With this rom the box is equal to the rikomagic mk902II:same hardware. So yea this is a great deal: buy a 70 dollars box and put the 110 dollars box firmware on it ! Awesome you should really buy it my friend!!

Comment

Mine arrived today, and after only a very quick 20 minute play with it I am really impressed. I only have an mk918 to compare against but this box is much better, very quick to boot, just worked beautifully out of the box. Antutu 36400, 1080p mkv stream perfectly using mx player.

Which firmware is best for it?

Comment

Has anyone tried this firmware?
                            http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2015/01/05/tv01ii-ap6330-tv-box-latest-firmware-and-flash-method-released-20150105/
                            Last edited by philerup; 01-08-2015, 01:47.

Comment

Give it a try...

Actually it is better than the original, but still lag eHomeMediaCenter when playing from NAS through ethernet connection.

Otherwise OK with xbmc.

Comment

Working...
                              X