Mk902II LE (Linux Edition) Firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mk902II LE (Linux Edition) Firmware?

Someone have stock firmware for Mk902II LE?

Thanx

Originally posted by androidgadget11 View Post
    Someone have stock firmware for Mk902II LE?

Thanx

Have you tried downloading from Rokomagic's website?
    Shenzhen Rikomagic Tech Corp.,Ltd-----Android TV BOX, Media player, Digital Signage Media Player,signage player

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      Have you tried downloading from Rokomagic's website?
      http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/do_1.html
      That's android firmware for MK902II not linux-ubuntu for MK902IILE

Comment

NO one bought this device? THeir store advertises the MK902IILE has the latest Kernel which supposed to support 2D and 3D acceleration. It would be nice to try this LE firmware on my TV01II box.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123

Doesn't support 3D in Linux.
          Better try the UGOOS UT3 Linux build.

the UGOOS UT3 has 16GB Flash. The TV01II only has 8GB. That firmware won't fit.....

Comment

Yes and no, if you want to use dual-boot, then you need more then 8GB, but if you want to use only Linux, then 8GB is enough...
            btw: this linux is also available as boot-from-sd version

RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hello androidgadget11,

you can find a firmware here:

you must be very careful to install it. You can find a PDF with the necessary infos.

The best way for me to use this firmware:

Use an UGOOS-SD-firmware. Write the firmware to SD-card.

In zip-File from the download you find boot.img and resource.img

Flash this Images to the SD-card, eg with rkflashkit on Linux:

rkflashkit flash @boot boot.img @resource resource.img

Then you have a nice Linux-firmware on SD-card for this device.

If you have questions, maybe I can help you.

I have a question to all:

I use the firefly-source to get a boot.img and resource.img compiled with wifi-ap6330 enabled.
              if I use this Images, the SD-card boots fine, wifi is enabled, but I don't can use my USB-keyboard and mouse.
              How can I change the firefly-defconfig-File so that I can use USB-keyboard. I don't know if sound is running, because
              I can't use the system, because without mouse and keyboard I can't work with the system.

Comment

Originally posted by raubtier View Post
                Hello androidgadget11,

you can find a firmware here:

you must be very careful to install it. You can find a PDF with the necessary infos.

The best way for me to use this firmware:

Use an UGOOS-SD-firmware. Write the firmware to SD-card.

In zip-File from the download you find boot.img and resource.img

Flash this Images to the SD-card, eg with rkflashkit on Linux:

rkflashkit flash @boot boot.img @resource resource.img

Then you have a nice Linux-firmware on SD-card for this device.

If you have questions, maybe I can help you.

I have a question to all:

I use the firefly-source to get a boot.img and resource.img compiled with wifi-ap6330 enabled.
                if I use this Images, the SD-card boots fine, wifi is enabled, but I don't can use my USB-keyboard and mouse.
                How can I change the firefly-defconfig-File so that I can use USB-keyboard. I don't know if sound is running, because
                I can't use the system, because without mouse and keyboard I can't work with the system.

can uplod the sd card img whit wifi-ap6330 enabled. i want to test it

Comment

Hello gumymoty,

I don't know where I can upload the sd-image. But it's really simple (for steps (ii) and (iv) you can use another rk3288-linux version,
                  if you don't have a X86-linux-box)

(i) Download the UT3-SD-Card-Image

(ii) Write UT3-SD-Card-Image to card (dd if=UT3-SD-img.i,g of=/dev/xxx xxx=your sd-card partition)

(iii) Load the rikomagic firmware : http://rikomagic.co.uk/downloads/fir...ware_V1.03.zip

(iv) flash boot.img and resource.img from rikomagic-version to sd-card

eg rkflashkit flash @boot boot.img @resource resource.img

Thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                    Yes and no, if you want to use dual-boot, then you need more then 8GB, but if you want to use only Linux, then 8GB is enough...
                    btw: this linux is also available as boot-from-sd version
                    THe boot-from-SD linux doesn't work well. Everytime my TV01II box is restarted, it goes straight to Android. It doesn't always boot from SD.

Comment

You have to have latest loader install that checks SD card most knock offs don't have ok firmware. If you load latest ricomagic firmware for mk902ii should work on you t box then SD card work or just re flash the 2.17 loader.
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hi, in the meantime i backed up my box and flashed the 2.17.02 loader.
                        The UT3 image runs well, but i can not get any network connection on the box.
                        Onboard HW and USB-WiFi Adapters are ignored, all other usb-hardware is automatically running.
                        Can someone please explain how to get the rikomagic fw onto the sd-card.
                        All information i found so far is referring only to full-img write, i could not find any information about how to flash the single images to the sd-card.
                        Will it work with a modified Linuxiums create-linux-sdcard script?
                        Many thanks in advance for any advice.
                        Regards
                        Loewenzahn

P.S. Is there any chance to be able to select the OS during boot?

Comment

Yes if you have 16 gig box use duel boot the ut3 works with network not WiFi. I have running on mk902ii and best build if ugoos and or mac get acel running so I can use ubuntu it's good bye andriod lol... takes some time write to SD card with win image. Then insert SD card power on and it will boot to ubuntu. Wait till it loads and click on network top right select auto network it will start driver. Your on line.
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

All disto work I've got gnome and all my programs installed video works in small box but sluggish but iam using for non video right now even got lucky and it see printer in network so office everything I need working for now wish list is just x1😆 for kodi

Comment

I will try again to see whether i will get network to run. I connected the box already using a Cat5 cable but had no network at all. Only thing i saw (top right) was "device not ready".
                              Now i will try to modify the create-linux-sdcard script or rename the original images to flash the Rikomagic files to the SD-Card.
                              I assume that the original images should be the best choice for the box. Correct me if i am wrong.
                              GrĂ¼sse / Regards
                              P.S. Maybe i had a different image on my SD-Card since i had no choice of OS-selection at all. Not during boot and also not during shut-down.

Comment

Working...
                              X