Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scooter2014
    replied
    Yes ugoos rom duel boot. If you swap kernel and resource should work. try without swap first. i forget what I used now but i think it works with no wifi bluetooth on stock.

Leave a comment:

• dj_janker
    replied
    Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    Yes if you have 16 gig box use duel boot the ut3 works with network not WiFi. I have running on mk902ii and best build if ugoos and or mac get acel running so I can use ubuntu it's good bye andriod lol... takes some time write to SD card with win image. Then insert SD card power on and it will boot to ubuntu. Wait till it loads and click on network top right select auto network it will start driver. Your on line.
    Hi, this image is that you refeer?. I have the same box [mk902ii] and I need to boot linux from sd card with ethernet working....
    Thanks.

Best regards

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    replied
    I think I have the ricomagic Linux rom on hd someplace I look later tomorrow see if I can find and send you pm

Leave a comment:

• Loewenzahn
    replied
    Thanks Scooter, i flashed now the UT3 image to the SD-Card and the network runs (very slow).
    Still i want to see the original image from Rikomagic on this box (booting from SD-Card)
    I splitted the boot.img and created a new separate kernel.img for tvbox from the extracted files.
    Onto a 2nd SD-Card i flashed the kernel, resources and linux-rfs images but the box wont boot. The screen stays off. No penguins appear.
    I have totally no clue where to start searching for a root-cause. I extracted and created the kernel for the 1st time, so maybe i forgot something?
    I will start from scratch using the guide from Linuxium and will just load his example files onto the card to see whether the box boots up.

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    replied
    Boot and kernel in out put file when un packed. But why you un packing file for Linux I say ugoos works with network no split needed. You would have to un pack Linux file from ugoos to install resource file that all that need changed.

Leave a comment:

• Loewenzahn
    replied
    Can someone please help me splitting the Rikomagic boot.img.
    I have only been able to unpack the img using FW_Tools 5.23.18 but have no idea how to split to boot.img and kernel.img.
    split_bootimg.pl gives me only "No Authorization/Keine Berechtigung" when i run it.
    Thanks a lot!
    Loewenzahn

EDIT: Sorry, had the wrong pemission for the script. Still fighting to split to 2 image files
    Last edited by Loewenzahn; 06-02-2015, 23:12.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    @ scooter2014
    Sorry, it would be really nice, if you would also use chars like
    return
    at your text (it would be much easyer to read )

The last post isn't a problem, but you also handle it this way at posts with text with 5 or more lines/rows...

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    replied
    I changed nothing on the Ugoos SD version just installed to SD card network works I tried to unpack file to replace resources file but failed on rk tools.

Leave a comment:

• Loewenzahn
    replied
    I will try again to see whether i will get network to run. I connected the box already using a Cat5 cable but had no network at all. Only thing i saw (top right) was "device not ready".
    Now i will try to modify the create-linux-sdcard script or rename the original images to flash the Rikomagic files to the SD-Card.
    I assume that the original images should be the best choice for the box. Correct me if i am wrong.
    GrĂ¼sse / Regards
    P.S. Maybe i had a different image on my SD-Card since i had no choice of OS-selection at all. Not during boot and also not during shut-down.

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    replied
    All disto work I've got gnome and all my programs installed video works in small box but sluggish but iam using for non video right now even got lucky and it see printer in network so office everything I need working for now wish list is just x1😆 for kodi

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    replied
    Yes if you have 16 gig box use duel boot the ut3 works with network not WiFi. I have running on mk902ii and best build if ugoos and or mac get acel running so I can use ubuntu it's good bye andriod lol... takes some time write to SD card with win image. Then insert SD card power on and it will boot to ubuntu. Wait till it loads and click on network top right select auto network it will start driver. Your on line.

Leave a comment:

• Loewenzahn
    replied
    Hi, in the meantime i backed up my box and flashed the 2.17.02 loader.
    The UT3 image runs well, but i can not get any network connection on the box.
    Onboard HW and USB-WiFi Adapters are ignored, all other usb-hardware is automatically running.
    Can someone please explain how to get the rikomagic fw onto the sd-card.
    All information i found so far is referring only to full-img write, i could not find any information about how to flash the single images to the sd-card.
    Will it work with a modified Linuxiums create-linux-sdcard script?
    Many thanks in advance for any advice.
    Regards
    Loewenzahn

P.S. Is there any chance to be able to select the OS during boot?

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    replied
    You have to have latest loader install that checks SD card most knock offs don't have ok firmware. If you load latest ricomagic firmware for mk902ii should work on you t box then SD card work or just re flash the 2.17 loader.

Leave a comment:

• wenlez
    replied
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    Yes and no, if you want to use dual-boot, then you need more then 8GB, but if you want to use only Linux, then 8GB is enough...
    btw: this linux is also available as boot-from-sd version
    THe boot-from-SD linux doesn't work well. Everytime my TV01II box is restarted, it goes straight to Android. It doesn't always boot from SD.

Leave a comment:

• raubtier
    replied
    Hello gumymoty,

I don't know where I can upload the sd-image. But it's really simple (for steps (ii) and (iv) you can use another rk3288-linux version,
    if you don't have a X86-linux-box)

(i) Download the UT3-SD-Card-Image

(ii) Write UT3-SD-Card-Image to card (dd if=UT3-SD-img.i,g of=/dev/xxx xxx=your sd-card partition)

(iii) Load the rikomagic firmware : http://rikomagic.co.uk/downloads/fir...ware_V1.03.zip

(iv) flash boot.img and resource.img from rikomagic-version to sd-card

eg rkflashkit flash @boot boot.img @resource resource.img

Thats all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X