New mk902ii software issues. 1227 release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New mk902ii software issues. 1227 release

The new software from Ricomagic has some issues. Been going crazy trying to get the weather to work and then noticed they took out location services so now no weather app works. God no idea why they took that simple thing out.

Boots into 720. Must be new code for the 1080 because launcher i had now is shown as part screen but it works in 720 fine it was working in both 1080 and 720 before the update.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Hi,
    I installed this firmware
    - Yes it boots in 720p on the first boot but I can change the res to 1080p (or 2160p) and the it boots with the wanted resolution.
    - Ethernet still extremly slow, 4Mb/s while wifi is 20Mb/s
    - Still no 2160p60 on my HDMI2.0 TV (Working at 2160p60 with the HDMI2.0 of my PC)
    - Antutu down to 30000, had 39000 with october firmware
    - This patched Kodi alpha 3 is a mess ... can't get a usable sound with 5.1 video. If I activate the passthrough I can get dolby digital but the video is extremly choppy and the video is 500ms late
    If I don't use passthrough, the only way to have non lagging video (5.1 ones) is to put the sound quality on "Low"
    - Kodi 4k Video support is a joke, I set resolution to 2160p, reboot, launch Kodi, 4K video will be played in 1080p.
    The only way to get 4k Video playing at full resolution is to use the stock video player.
    - The stock player works is BluRay3D iso ! but the conversion is still "side by side" instead of "frame interleave" so we lose a lot of definition (it's more like a DVD3D )

Disapointed ... again ...
    Let's hope Kodi-SPMC will fixe the sound problems

Comment

I got very different results for wifi and network on both 1227 and 1218

i dont think anything more then 1080p is possible in android as per bobs comments its a android thing not hardware. He explained that in detail in another thread. so thats why nothing above 1080p in xbmc.

hdmi is not 2.0 on these boxes and hardware limtation wont get the resolution your looking for. - Thanks to No-spam- for explaining this to me.

antutu 33000 but i am going to play with the kernels released by d33 on over clocked thread and also Leolass has some done with smaller stepping for his rom. also loaded test was higher before i installed next launcher and all my apps.

i am getting very little issues with spmc and i switched to stable kodi from download page everything working ok with 1218 but i think the 1080 is over lay on this build and thats why with final its true 1080 with a 4 k overlay thats why the hph launcher is only part screen in 1080p.

They have to make a better launcher the hph launcher has task killer and place to put icons at the bottom and have location setting back in as well as a few other items in the system settings that is stock in all other roms for 3288.

we can load ugoos roms onto it and few others but none of them are any better the ugoos rom wifi only thing not working but thats fixed by switching out the boot img i got wifi working on it. cloucnet go rom pretty much same thing.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-02-08-44-07.png
Views:	1
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	435796Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-02-08-41-15.png
Views:	1
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	435797
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
        hdmi is not 2.0 on these boxes and hardware limtation wont get the resolution your looking for. - Thanks to No-spam- for explaining this to me.
        :
        If I'm not wrong I only had talked about the T-Chip pcb use at the 'Nagrace HPH NT-V6' and 'Ugoos UT3' and there you can't get 4K@60Hz because of the use HDMI-switch-chip (for HDMI-in) which is only able to handle 1.4 (4K@30Hz)...
        I don't know about the HTC_T032 pcb, but I also read about maybe only 1.4 at the TV01II...
        But, if I remember correctly, at one of the (sunchip?) sticks there was also missing 4K@60Hz till an update...
        So maybe it could be a fw problem at this MK908II fw ??????
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hi,
          I have downloaded the latests firmware 20141227 for my MK902ii unit but I'm having problems with flashing it in to the unit.
          All steps works fine until it is time to let the unit get the img-file from the RKM Batch Tool. I have tried to use the Upgrade button and the Restore button with the same error-result. A red line appears that says that the installation failed.
          I have tried to download the firmware twice but still the same error.

Anyone that has any idea how to solve this problem?

Regards/P-E
          Last edited by TheChief; 01-04-2015, 11:35.

Comment

Use android tool 2.33

Comment

In the latest version HDMI-CEC is set by default to On.
              Is it possible to pass it to Off in system configuration files ? How ?

Comment

Originally posted by mac_b1 View Post
                Use android tool 2.33
                Thank you for the information.
                Can you pls tell me where I can find AndroidTool 2.33 and the link to download it.

Regards / P-E

Comment

Many thanks for the link,

Obviously I'm having problem with a device that doesn't manage to flash/restore new images.
                  When using RKM Batch Tool and Android Tool v2.33 the unit is recognised by both Android-tools. But when it is time for flashing the new software I'm getting the following message:

Test Device Start
                  Test Device Fail

I have tried to restart the flashing sequence many times without any success.

My MK902ii works still with the previous firmware (2014-11-06) but there has been some problems with the audio when playing some movies/streaming movies. Thats why I would like to do the update to the latest firmware.

Anyone who can guide me to solve the problem with the "Test Device Failure"?

Regards/P-E

Comment

If I remember correctly I had exactly the same issue because of older drivers
                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post237899 (or first uninstall & then install)
                    Download it here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post219459 (driver 4.1.1)
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Yes, You should change drivers. I've used drivers attached with Android Tool 2.33 - Driver assistant 4.1.1. But first You have to uninstal (using driver assistant, file driverinstall.exe, there are 2 options: install and uninstal) drivers, reboot pc and then install them again.

Comment

Originally posted by mac_b1 View Post
                        Yes, You should change drivers. I've used drivers attached with Android Tool 2.33 - Driver assistant 4.1.1. But first You have to uninstal (using driver assistant, file driverinstall.exe, there are 2 options: install and uninstal) drivers, reboot pc and then install them again.
                        Many thanks guys,

Managed to flash the new firmware (2014-12-27) after your advice to uninstall the drivers.
                        Installed the driver that was attached with the AndroidTool v2.33.

So far my MK902ii works fine

Again THANK YOU

Regards/ P-E

Comment

I flashed 1227 on my TV01II using the sd card on the device. Just copy the image file in the root of your micro sd and isert it into the sd card slot. Then get into recovery mode by pressing and holding reset button and powering up the divice. In recovery select something like "rk update from external..." (don't remember exactly, but that's the only working option). That's it.
                          Now for the 720p default resolution. Once you set it to 1080p60, it changes tge screen density and all your icons become minuscule. To fix this, you need to install ES explorer and switch on root exporer. In system directory open build.prop file and find density line. Change value 160 to 240 and save the file. Reboot your device.
                          Running 1227 for about a week. Everything works great. I have active cooling which works wonderfully and antutu gives the same 36500.

Comment

Hi,

The new MK902II new fw should be released today, They are uploading now.

Comment

Working...
                            X