Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux ethernet rikomagic 902II sdcard

Hello,

I am trying to install a Linux distribution on my sdcard Rikomagic 902II device . I 've tried ubuntu images of linuxium but none of them works for me network connection , so I can not access internet, which is one of the things that interests me with the distribution of linux .

Does anyone have the Rikomagic 902II who has managed to install any linux distribution with ethernet or wifi function on this device ?

Thank you very much everyone for the help that you can offer me.

BTW
    It doesn't dependents on the root file system (RFS) but on the kernel...
    I think you need a kernel which is able to "address" the Ethernet-hw correctly...
    Do you only tried to configure the eth0 at the network-manager or also via the
    /etc/network/interfaces ?
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      BTW
      It doesn't dependents on the root file system (RFS) but on the kernel...
      I think you need a kernel which is able to "address" the Ethernet-hw correctly...
      Do you only tried to configure the eth0 at the network-manager or also via the
      /etc/network/interfaces ?
      Indeed, I have tried to configure the network in both ways, and although the connection seems to be established and correct, when accessing internet pages do not load. I think it is well configured, because on occasion to enter the URL of google, page finishes loading after a few minutes, but it is not a quick and efficient navigation.

I you mention it is a matter of Kernel, but do not know how or where should update it. I do not have much knowledge of linux but I plan to get install linux on my rikomagic 902II;.)

Thanks for your contributions.

Comment

Ok, I thought you didn't get a connection...

do you tried to do some tests at the connection?
        e.g.
        - ping your router to find out if inhouse is ok?
        - ping 173.194.113.144 (www.google.com IP)
        - nslookup www.google.com (to find out if DNS work)
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hello all,

I have exactly the same problem with this device.

I can ping to the outside world, everything looks fine (e.g. ping www.google.com)

but

ping -s 2000 fails.

If I use larger package-sizes, ping failed. Internet-surfing isn't possible too.

By the way, thank you linuxium for the wonderful work in porting linux to this device.

Maybe someone has a solution, thank you in advance.

Comment

I have no problems....

At dmesg I found
            Code:
            [    0.884088] usbcore: registered new interface driver asix
            [    0.884133] usbcore: registered new interface driver ax88179_178a
            If I'm not wrong also other USB to ETH driver
            Code:
            [    0.884268] usbcore: registered new interface driver dm9601
            [    0.884324] usbcore: registered new interface driver dm9620
            [    0.884379] usbcore: registered new interface driver smsc75xx
            [    0.884431] usbcore: registered new interface driver smsc95xx
            [    0.884477] usbcore: registered new interface driver gl620a
            [    0.884522] usbcore: registered new interface driver net1080
            [    0.884567] usbcore: registered new interface driver plusb
            [    0.884623] usbcore: registered new interface driver rndis_host
            [    0.884670] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_subset
            [    0.884715] usbcore: registered new interface driver zaurus
            [    0.884763] usbcore: registered new interface driver MOSCHIP usb-ethernet driver
            [    0.884835] usbcore: registered new interface driver int51x1
            [    0.884880] usbcore: registered new interface driver kalmia
            [    0.884926] usbcore: registered new interface driver ipheth
            [    0.884982] usbcore: registered new interface driver sierra_net
            [    0.885030] usbcore: registered new interface driver cx82310_eth
            [    0.885086] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ncm
            [    0.885133] usbcore: registered new interface driver qmi_wwan
            [    0.885180] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_mbim
            So maybe try an USB to ETH adapter....
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

hello,

I could install something from apt -get command, although it took a long time. I know is that data transfer occurs . The problem is that it is too slow and can not work.
              it could be happening? any ideas?

thank you

Comment

Hello cemento, hello no_spam_for_me and maybe linuxium (aka Ian Morrisson)

@ no_spam_for_me

Which box do you have? I tried a lof of other android-images form other HTC-Board-Boxes
                to get resource.img and kernel.img. But all these Images are freezing at boot.
                I don't think you have HTC 3288 Device.

@cemento

I think your problem is similar to my problem with eth0. You and I can't really manage bigger network packages
                with our devices.

@all

It would be fine to get eth0 full working, but my dream is to connect via wifi (ap6330=HTC-Boxes) to the web.

I'am very new to this little arm-tv-boxes and I'am very surprised about there performance. I bought my first box
                last week. My first try with arm-boxes was the odroid-c1 at the beginning of this year, which I like very much.
                But the perfomance of the rk3288 chip is incredible for the price (89 Euro). It would be very nice to get a functional
                (w)lan linux, which fully works on the HTC-3288-devices. And I don't think, that it is a long way, because the wonderful work from linuxium is only one step away for these boxes.

I realized the firefly-developments, which ar a good starting point to get background about this topic. But I need a little
                advice and a few good links to look inside the development-sources for rk3288-devices and the way to use them.
                For example, I saw the sources for rk3188 from linuxium on git but not for rk3288. Maybe someone can show me
                the link for the rk3288-sources from linuxium.

It looks like rikomagic builds his on linux-Version for this box (rkm 902iile), but I don't find a firmware in the net.
                Maybe someone can help with such a firmware.

It would be nice to get help

Wolfgang

Comment

I answer some of your questions at the original thread

so maybe linuxium will also have a look at it....
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Hello no_spam_for_me,

thank you very much, you are very helpful.
                    You gave me a lot of hints, I don't know.

Comment

@ all

Is there someone, who runs a working wifi-connection with the linuxium-linux-version?
                      I think there are so many people, who tried his software, but for me it makes no sense
                      without a working internet connection, so there must be someone with success.

I bought another box (with ap6335), but with iwconfig i found no wifi and I don't know
                      how to install a driver. My feeling now is, that there is no driver in linuxiums version.

Thanks in advance

Wolfgang

Comment

I don't think that linuxium will have a look at this thread, but MAYBE at http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-RK3288-device
                        I think we have to know, which kernel source he uses and we need his .config ...
                        Maybe, if you get no answer at the other thread, PM him...
                        Worst case https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/about
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Hello no_spam_for_me,

my first step now is to find out, if someone, who is active on this board, uses a tv-rk3288-box with linuxium-linux
                          and wifi to conntect to the outside world. It looks like a lot of people tested the sdcard-rk3288-linux, but I couldn't
                          derive, if someone uses wifi, on this message-board or on other places int the internet, where this topic was discussed.
                          Maybe someone knows a link, where someone tells about his success.

Comment

btw: have you audio? I'm not....
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                              btw: have you audio? I'm not....
                              Hello no_spam_for_me,

i will test it, but internet on rk3288-Boxes with linux was my main goal in the moment.

Maybe I can tell you my findings today (maybe that is interesting for people, like me, who are interested
                              in linux with an internet connection for this boxes, who will use this tv-boxes for surfing and development)

I tried the Dual-Boot-Firmware from Ugoos-UT3 (see the threads for this box) to my new device ( Beelink UBOX R89)
                              with ap6350. Flashing was no problem with upgrade_tool on linux (I don't have windows). I can switch between android
                              and linux without a problem and the best thing was, I could configure my wifi-device with no problem). The speed is the
                              same as with my normal Linux-Box with Opensuse 13.1 on an Intel-Xeon-Device with an USB-Wifi-Dongle.

I'am very happy with this, because this is a good starting point. I will test next this firmware for the rikomagic 902II.

Comment

Working...
                              X