No announcement yet.

Linux ethernet rikomagic 902II sdcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm not wrong the MK902II uses 8GB eMMC/NAND... then you will get a problem becuase the dual-boot needs more the 8GB (linux partition ends at ~ 10GB and then you need space for Android-(user)data)...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      If I'm not wrong the MK902II uses 8GB eMMC/NAND... then you will get a problem becuase the dual-boot needs more the 8GB (linux partition ends at ~ 10GB and then you need space for Android-(user)data)...
      Hello no_spam_fo_me,

no it's a 16-GB-box. It's a test for me, if the ap6330-chip is driver compatible with the ap6335-wifi-chip.

If somebody already test it, let me know, because my test can earliest start next weekend.

Comment

Source and wifi configuration

I compiled the kernel directly from the Firefly source (as it stood back in October) configured for a AP6335 wifi. The one I included in the script had with sound as RK1000 (from memory) although I had another version with sound as RK-HDMI. It was meant as a generic RK3288 Linux kernel rather than targeting a specific device as it was included with scripts that allowed one to substitute their own kernel/resource image for their device. As the source and instructions were all available on the Firefly site and were being maintained, there was no reason to take a snapshot and put on my github. As Beelink, Tronsmart, Rikomagic, Ugoos et al were not releasing publicly their GPL licensed kernel I didn't make specific device images.

Comment

Hello linuxium,

many thanks for your answer. But one last question:

Do you test wifi with your device?

Thanks in advance

Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            btw: have you audio? I'm not....
            Hello no_spam_for_me,

sorry for my late response and sorry for my answer.
            I didn't test it. My Observation is, that linuxiums-version is a proof of concept and it
            makes no sense to test everything with this version.

I look into the development in rk3288-linux for 4 weeks and saw, that there is a lot of
            development in the moment. I don't follow the developments in other rockchip-linux-devices,
            but I think there is a lot going around.

I saw so many people on the web (aka firefly-board-developers and a lot of people (many posted on this board))
            that I hope, that there will be a much better support int the near future.

My hope:

Build a full debian-linux-rk3288-version with drivers for all rk3288-tv-boxes:

- ethernet full working
            - sound full working
            - display full working for all resolutions (fast)

Maybe I can help, if I understand a few things better.

Wolfgang

Comment

The ugoos sd card version works with network only on the mk902ii. The new version 15.4 works and just have to auto connect to get network working. I am trying to get the wifi working but thinking beyond me. If we can get ported to have blue tooth and wifi and also get hardware that Mic working on this would be a great system Hats off to ugoos. you tube works but buggie there is a software for youtube in linux that ill try and see if that works better but hell its at least playing in this one.
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                The ugoos sd card version works with network only on the mk902ii. The new version 15.4 works and just have to auto connect to get network working. I am trying to get the wifi working but thinking beyond me. If we can get ported to have blue tooth and wifi and also get hardware that Mic working on this would be a great system Hats off to ugoos. you tube works but buggie there is a software for youtube in linux that ill try and see if that works better but hell its at least playing in this one.

Hi, can you post a link for the 15.4 ubuntu image?

The creation of the sd it's easy or a PITA? Can you explain the procedure in simple steps?

I don't need wifi, but I need hdmi audio...it works?

Comment

Just go to ugoos 3288 firmware section here on freaktab the ut3 SD card is at bottom of the new Linux firmware page. Yes sound works
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Comment

Is the Rikomagic Linux version working well? Maybe someone could convert the F/W to SD boot version.

Comment

Yes I would like sd version too. The Ugoos works with network no WiFi or Bluetooth. The new 3.1 I can't get to boot on mk902ii but I try later. I'll flash the ricomagic and try to see if I can get sd card running from that build.

Comment

scooter2014 try this mod i find this coment made by Raymond Day
                          I got a MK902II/16G Linux MINI PC it's neat. Came with Ubuntu 14.10 all ready on it.

Backed it up by putting a SD card in it and with the ubuntu1410-linux-rk3288-sdcard.img I put a USB stick in it and mounted it and did this:

root@LINUXIUMONE:/media# dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/media/MK/MK902II_Ubuntu-backup.dd bs=4M
                          3757+0 records in
                          3757+0 records out
                          15758000128 bytes (16 GB) copied, 1718.24 s, 9.2 MB/s
                          root@LINUXIUMONE:/

Then copied it to my other server like this:

root@ubuntu-i3:/media/USBdisk2-3TB/mystuff# scp -rp 192.168.2.163:/media/MK/MK902II_Ubuntu-backup.dd /media/USBdisk2-3TB/mystuff/

Then used Win32 Disk Imager to wight the "//ubuntu-i3/USBdisk2-3TB/mystuff/MK902II_Ubuntu-backup.dd" to a SD card.

Put it in my RKM-V5 but it just don't do any thing only the power LED goes on.

What would be the right way to boot this in my RKM-V5. I think they both have about the same hardware in them.

This MK902II came with a PDF on it's desktop telling about it.

To bad I set it up a little for me before I backed it up.

I think they have about the same hardware because in the Welcome.pdf it says:

"Both MK902IILE and V5LE devices have built in gigabit ethernet and wifi adapters."

I guess just doing it some way wrong to have this OS in the RKM-V5.

Comment

8 or 16 doesn't matter if just installing on SD card. It's getting this firmware to boot from the SD that's being a problem for me. I tried your method but no boot from sd card. I think it has to be built for sd not a flash to device.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                              8 or 16 doesn't matter if just installing on SD card. It's getting this firmware to boot from the SD that's being a problem for me. I tried your method but no boot from sd card. I think it has to be built for sd not a flash to device.
                              Don't know if it will help, but have you guys looked at linuxium's thread here?
                              Another related thread.

Comment

I've loaded the rom from htc for Linux. Been 2 weeks working great updated to 15.04 and nothing broke. WiFi and network work kodi works (usb sound) looks like sound drivers for hdmi not loaded but again it's working. Trying to get sd version hopefully ugoos will incorporate same into thier build but starting to look up for 3288 and linux😆

Comment

Working...
                                X