Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bricked vigica v3 rk3288

Hi,

I bought Vigica V3 few monthes ago and tried to updtae its rom to "T032_hujiejia_AP6330_20141030" via rktools 2.3, But it gave me "DOWNLOAD IDB FAIL" error and it won't boot since. (Black screen when turned on).
    Right now when i turn it on, Power button changes light when i press it, But i see no picture on screen.
    Also connecting it to a PC gives me no life sign on device manager. Tried to boot with several reset/power buttons combos...
    Is there any way to restore it to stock firmware ?
    I've attached pics of mainboard.

Thank you
    Attached Files

Yes make sure drivers installed. Then tricky part locate pins 7/8 and will shorting them and pressing reset power up device will hooked up to pc with android tool open and running. (Tricky yes but possible) I used power bar that I turned on with my toe all hooked up look on chip closeclosely some times small in dent on the chip at 1 pin round depression? Once you do short and press reset switch and turn on you should see blue box in the rk tool. That means your in mask mode should be able to install stick rom from there. It's tricky but can be done.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
      Yes make sure drivers installed. Then tricky part locate pins 7/8 and will shorting them and pressing reset power up device will hooked up to pc with android tool open and running. (Tricky yes but possible) I used power bar that I turned on with my toe all hooked up look on chip closeclosely some times small in dent on the chip at 1 pin round depression? Once you do short and press reset switch and turn on you should see blue box in the rk tool. That means your in mask mode should be able to install stock rom from there. It's tricky but can be done.

Good luck

Nan chip is top left of your 2nd photo. Count from each side if you can't find 7/8
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thank you so much for the help guys.
        After messing with the board for several hours, Just before throwing it to the near dumpster, I saw that the pins i've shortened are not the NAND pins but of a very near set of pins that seems to be for some optional chipset from both sides of the nand...
        Once I've shortened the first visible nand pins (Which can barely be seen and are UNDER THE NAND ITSELF, And seemed positioned just across pins 7 and 9 of the row of pins next to the NAND), I managed to get into masked mode and flashed a working rom, Which afterward allowed me to flash also update.zip to root the device, Which didn't worked on stock rom.... !!! YAY !!! Phew....That was a close call !!
        Thanks again for your kindness and wishful thinking !

Comment

You haven't owned a tv box till you've bricked it hard once lol 😊

Comment

Hi fish72... can you point to me where on the picture to short the pin at.. thank you in adavance...

Comment

I've attached a picture where i marked the pins that needs to be shorted in order to get into masked mode

The flashing process :

1. make sure you've installed rk3288 driver for your operating system
              2. run rk batch tool (i used v 1.7)
              3. disconnect all cables from android box
              4. connect usb otg cable to pc
              5. shorten marked chip pins on android box
              6. connect only otg usb cable that is already connected to a computer to android box
              7. turn android box on

if all is ok, you will see the port color change on the rk batch tool screen so it can flash the proper image on the android box
              Attached Files
              Last edited by fish72; 02-05-2015, 12:06.

Comment

Working...
              X