Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WhyyYoutube just in 720p on my CS918II ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WhyyYoutube just in 720p on my CS918II ?

Hello,

I want to know why i have just 720p on youtube on my android box and in the setting i have hdmi 1080P ?

Thank you so much for the answer.

Originally posted by mo123
    Because you bought a TV Box made by a manufacturer(use HTC board) that provides zero support and release products with buggy software/firmware that won't be fixed.
    Other companies like Nagrace(use T-Chip boards) offer 1080p Youtube and dual-boot on their RK3288 firmware because they care about their customers and provide after sales support.
    Stock HPH firmware plays Youtube in 1080p?

Comment

Yes
      Just change build.prop to Nexus 5/7 and it will play in 1080p.
      This trick doesn't work on any other firmware besides Nagrace stock or my custom ROM's since it's build into their firmware.
      I have HTC player.
      Unfortunately, I can not eliminate small stutters when playing videos from Youtube.
      I've tried everything.
      How is with the HPH?
      Is smoothly?
      I note. I do not accept one small stutter on one hour.

Comment

For me it's perfectly smooth at 1080p in Youtube.
        I haven't heard of other people with HPH that mention stutters, but a lot with HTC, Beelink & Tronsmart devices.
        The HPH has much faster EMMC storage(read/write speeds) than the HTC or Nexneon devices.
        In the forums somewhere there are benchmarks of the RK3288 devices and HPH & UT3 come out on top.
        Faster EMMC does not mean no stutters. The minix X7 and X8 have much lower read and write speeds and has the smoothest playback out of the boxes I own, including the HPH. The HPH has stutters on youtube and very few on Kodi, not excessive or anything but it's there.

I'm not sure if why you're trying to sell the HPH as one of the better boxes because of it's faster EMMC, but faster EMMC doesn't always mean better playback. Check out the read speeds for the X8 much slower than an HPH, beelink and Tronsmart device and yet has the smoothest playback.

Raspberry PI may be one of the weakest devices out of all these boxes and plays Kodi smooth without OpenElec. Software is a key component here, if the software is full of memory leaks. bloat and bugs then that will reflect on overall performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanatos View Post
          Faster EMMC does not mean no stutters. The minix X7 and X8 have much lower read and write speeds and has the smoothest playback out of the boxes I own, including the HPH. The HPH has stutters on youtube and very few on Kodi, not excessive or anything but it's there.

I'm not sure if why you're trying to sell the HPH as one of the better boxes because of it's faster EMMC, but faster EMMC doesn't always mean better playback. Check out the read speeds for the X8 much slower than an HPH, beelink and Tronsmart device and yet has the smoothest playback.

Raspberry PI may be one of the weakest devices out of all these boxes and plays Kodi smooth without OpenElec. Software is a key component here, if the software is full of memory leaks. bloat and bugs then that will reflect on overall performance.
          So in general.
          The software on the RK3288 PCB's is still bad.

In the subject Youtube.
          Videos are cached, but still a stutter. Why?
          Maybe it is wrong solved multitasking?
          Maybe memory/cache support?

I wonder why Minix resigned from the RK3288?
          Minix chose Amlogic and Intel.
          Maybe RK processors caused trouble?
          Last edited by androidgadget11; 03-20-2015, 15:34.

Comment

Working...
          X