Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasser v2.0.7 for TV01II, Measy B4S and others TV boxes on HTC pcb with WIFI AP6330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasser v2.0.7 for TV01II, Measy B4S and others TV boxes on HTC pcb with WIFI AP6330

New version wasser 2.0.7 firmware on HTC boards.
    Thank's wasser.

More stable, SPMC plays without stutters.
    AP6330 WIFI works.
    One partition for installation.
    Youtube 1080p

It does not work:
    - remote control ... but mouse yes
    - power LED

If the tv box go to sleep mode, simply mouse right-click and wake up.

Download: v2.0.7 (click on "Direct download link")

Regards

Be aware: it is your own risk!

On Measy B4S no remote at all, no mouse, no keyboard...

Comment

Originally posted by masa2 View Post
      On Measy B4S no remote at all, no mouse, no keyboard...
      I had the initial issue when istalling this rom on my TV01II no USB working. BUT I plugged my mouse into the USB ports on the other side of the box and everything works just fine.

After the initial startup and the Rom has settled down, I like it a lot. WIFI works very well, video plays without any stuttering using SPMC 14.2 (mostly 1080P) from my local WHS server over WIFI. these HTC boards (at least mine) seem to still suffer from some odd lag when writing to EMMC but that is not the fault of this Rom. Appreciate your work on this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agwood View Post
        these HTC boards (at least mine) seem to still suffer from some odd lag when writing to EMMC but that is not the fault of this Rom. Appreciate your work on this!!
        Download in progress...
        I have the same issue with Emmc (I guess and it seem that you too)...
        On Cube U30GT2 with Rk3188 I used to have the same problem on 4.2.2...It improve a lot with 4.4...Maybe Rockchip will solve the problem...hope so

Youtube in 2160p is possible?

Thanks to Androidgadget11 and Wasser
        I will post my feedback later on

Comment

Hi all,

Installed Wasser 2.0.7 yesterday on CX-929 (http://yubin.en.alibaba.com/product/...29_dongle.html). Didn't have much time to test it thoroughly but I should say as a first impression the ROM is AMAZING. Way better than the stock ROM that came with the stick. Only thing I noticed is that WiFi download rate is a bit low (300-500KB/s). It was faster on the stock ROM when downloading from Google Play. Is there a tweak that can be done to enhance the WiFi data rate?

I had an issue with the stock ROM of hangs / freezes when installations in Google Play took place or anything utilized the storage. It's pretty much fixed now in Wasser ROM but I still get minor freezes when installations are taking place. Nothing much to worry about.

Other than that, a great ROM just like the developer. Will be waiting for the next update.

Cheers

Comment

A little feedback...on CX-998
            Rom is a little slower than 2.05 in benchmarks...but I can't feel the differnce in real life! :-)
            What is far better is bluetooth : on 2.05, bluetooth keyboard sometimes disconnect...not on this 2.07! great!
            Wifi is better for me too (like Agwood)

Freezes with EMMC usage as Agwood and nghalion...I use to stop wifi connection when listening to music to prevent this (that's in my opinion, the biggest hardware problem on my box)
            Now I use a 1TO harddisk with the box

One more time : many thanks ;-)

Comment

Hi All,

So far so good. Just wanted to add that Netflix is working flawlessly on this ROM. Love the 1080p option in Youtube (I missed that). On the other hand, Antutu score is low (~28000) , Storage I/O score in the 700s. Other ROMs are reporting higher scores but that's really not important. The system is really smooth.

I wish the EMMC problem gets resolved soon. I think it's the only bug stopping this ROM from bring perfect. Keep up the good work.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mo123

The EMMC problem can't get resolved since it's a hardware fault.
                You have to buy a new TV Box with better EMMC.
                Other ROM's might get a slightly higer score but won't resolve the issue.
                EMMC is not alone in this problem...
                I think pipelines are involved too

As my music is on the 1To hard disk, it freezes when writing on EMMC...I think they share the same pipeline...

That's only an idea as I can't do the job (maybe I write garbage...), but is it possible to assign a buffer and to limit the bandwidth of EMMC in writing to keep some bandwidth for reading (on harddisk or EMMC)?
                My Rk3188's tablet (Cube U30GT2) has the same issue on 4.2.2, it nearly disappear on 4.4.2

Comment

Is this eMMC (read/write) issue common to all RK3288 devices or is there a stick which doesn't have this problem? I mean if I want to get a new stick, which one shall it be? I just got frustrated with Popcorn Time. It works nicely on RK3188 but here it's annoying because of the freezes. If I download the movie first and then watch it (using MX Player) then no jittering occurs.

Maybe as Plumplum mentioned, could there be a way to control the read/write buffering which could resolve the issue?

Comment

I don't know if it is a problem at the eMMC, also I don't know if another box will fix the problem with Popcorn Time, but if you are looking at/for another box, then you should have a look at one using the T-Chip pcb (Ugoos UT3(s) or HPH) or netxeon pcb (Tronsmart Orion R28, Beelink R89 or UBOX R89)...
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Some tests in progress with this app

On SD part :
                      - Cache Size set to 6144
                      - IO Scheduler set to Deadline (seems to be the best of the 3 available...)

Web browsing without my music freezes seem to be a lot better
                      With heavy Download (300MO file), freezes are still there...

Is this better?

Comment

Plumplum..You're the MAN. I applied the settings (and set them to run on boot too) as you mentioned & YES it's much better. I still have to do more tests though but I watched a show last night on Popcorn Time and it played FLAWLESSLY.

I still need to test it further, but it seems that other freezes generally dropped too.
                        Once again, Thank You so much for your help. You guys are the No.1 reason this planet is a better place
                        Last edited by nghalion; 04-26-2015, 12:07.

Comment

I'm not :-) ...
                          I only apply some tweaks...
                          A couple of hours searching on internet to discover io schedulers : thanks to Google :-)
                          A few minutes to find an application to modify scheduler : thanks to 3c for developping it

Nothing to compare with the time spent by 3c, wasser, androidgadget.
                          I'm not able to do what they do...I help the way I can

Maybe androidgadget will add the application on the next version...or even add other schedulers (VR or sio...maybe it's a hard kernel modification?)

As my USB storage sometime (not very often) disconnect I install Busybox and Al Mass Storage and will test too

You're feedback is important too...
                          "All in all it's just another brick on the wall" :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Agwood View Post

I had the initial issue when istalling this rom on my TV01II no USB working. BUT I plugged my mouse into the USB ports on the other side of the box and everything works just fine.

After the initial startup and the Rom has settled down, I like it a lot. WIFI works very well, video plays without any stuttering using SPMC 14.2 (mostly 1080P) from my local WHS server over WIFI. these HTC boards (at least mine) seem to still suffer from some odd lag when writing to EMMC but that is not the fault of this Rom. Appreciate your work on this!!

I have a TV01II box as well. Does your remote work after flashing to this ROM?

Comment

I flashed it to my HTC CS918 PLUS (RK3288) and it work fine. Just one problem exist : on online streams audio and video not synchronized
                              Any recommendation how solve it please . Or may be other ROM.

Comment

Working...
                              X