• Show
Clear All

New Rikomagic mk902ii 150401 Firmware

This is the release notes:

MK902II_150401 Fixed list
    1. Update to New UI
    2. Update XBMC to Kodi14.1
    3. Optimized 4K video playback
    4. Update FFMPEG Video decode library.Fixed memory leak bug.Fixed 3D video Playback flashing bug.
    5. Fixed that some external USB hard drive can not be recognized multi-partition problem
    6. Fixed Skype voice calling bug
    7. Optimized the connection compatibility of 4K 60Hz TV set
    Direct download link:

Cahoots is a coworking space and event venue in downtown Ann Arbor dedicated to amplifying the vibrant entrepreneur and tech community.

(from http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_43_1.html)

Enjoy

comio

Installed it on my mk902ii. Preinstalled kodi uses rklibstagefright. Rklibstagefright is now used for sd xvid decode.
    So everything from sd xvid to 1080p h264 is played without stutters in kodi now.
    I am not able to test 4k.
    There is an option for dts passthrough in android settings. But i am not able to test that also.

Comment

Here we go:
      Cahoots is a co-working spot that exists to grow Ann Arbor’s tech ecosystem by serving our startups, fostering our community, and increasing our visibility.

Fixed list
      1、Update to New UI
      2、Update XBMC to Kodi14.1
      3、Optimized 4K video playback
      4、Update FFMPEG Video decode library.Fixed memory leak bug.Fixed 3D video Playback flashing bug.
      5、Fixed that some external USB hard drive can not be recognized multi-partition problem
      6、Fixed Skype voice calling bug
      7、Optimized the connection compatibility of 4K 60Hz TV set

Comment

I will test DTS passthrough in the evening.

ciao

luigi

Comment

mega download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!a9MkUIIA!RTvAxC...p_igDNhyJggfpo

Comment

Regarding the DTS passthrough ... no lucky it seems to be broken.

ciao

luigi

Comment

I would like to ask two things:
              1. What is the 'New UI'? Is it based on Lollipop now? Can you post some screenshot?
              2. What is the wifi performance. With the previous update the wifi became usable for watching 720p movies, is it now even better, same, or is it worse again? With the original FW it was nearly unusable.
              Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by gabo View Post
                I would like to ask two things:
                1. What is the 'New UI'? Is it based on Lollipop now? Can you post some screenshot?
                2. What is the wifi performance. With the previous update the wifi became usable for watching 720p movies, is it now even better, same, or is it worse again? With the original FW it was nearly unusable.
                Thanks a lot
                "New UI" refers to rikomagic launcher. Now you can add applications to main screen (but I still to use kodi as launcher). The firmware is still based on KK4.4.2
                I'm sorry but I haven't tested performance regarding wifi

ciao
                luigi

Comment

Originally posted by comio View Post
                  I will test DTS passthrough in the evening.

ciao

luigi

That is not a Firmware Issue from Rikomagic. It is a problem with Kodi.
                  I am on the last FW ( MK902II FW_142712 or something like this) and i use the passthrough with HDMI (or correctly the HDMI Bitstream option).

You have do delete the pre-installed Kodi (or the official Kodi) and use the modded SPMC Version (http://spmc.semperpax.com/)
                  The you can use the passthrouth in Kodi.

Comment

Originally posted by sonic6 View Post

That is not a Firmware Issue from Rikomagic. It is a problem with Kodi.
                    I am on the last FW ( MK902II FW_142712 or something like this) and i use the passthrough with HDMI (or correctly the HDMI Bitstream option).

You have do delete the pre-installed Kodi (or the official Kodi) and use the modded SPMC Version (http://spmc.semperpax.com/)
                    The you can use the passthrouth in Kodi.
                    Hi Sonic6,

The passthrough via HDMI was working with the previous 141227 firmware. With the last I'm not able to use passthrough also using SPMC (after removing Kodi). I think that libmedia.so is broken this time.

ciao

luigi

Comment

Hi
                      I installed this new Firmware ...
                      - New UI for launcher is a bit better but I think I'll still use the default android launcher cause I'm used to it now.
                      - 4k@60Hz is still not working with my HDMI 2.0 4k TV
                      - Ethernet is still at 3Mb/s on my Gb switch (Wifi works fine at 30Mb/s)
                      - 5.1 Sound is broken again with Kodi or SPMC ( was working with the 142712 and SPMC as sonic6 said).

It's again a disappointing firmware ... I'm seriously wondering WTF are they doing at Rikomagic, breaking the 5.1 AGAIN ????

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCyrix View Post
                        Hi
                        I installed this new Firmware ...
                        - New UI for launcher is a bit better but I think I'll still use the default android launcher cause I'm used to it now.
                        - 4k@60Hz is still not working with my HDMI 2.0 4k TV
                        - Ethernet is still at 3Mb/s on my Gb switch (Wifi works fine at 30Mb/s)
                        - 5.1 Sound is broken again with Kodi or SPMC ( was working with the 142712 and SPMC as sonic6 said).

It's again a disappointing firmware ... I'm seriously wondering WTF are they doing at Rikomagic, breaking the 5.1 AGAIN ????
                        I think that rikomagic has a serious quality assurance problem.
                        Can someone share libmedia.so from the previous firmware?

Ciao

Luigi

Comment

Hi Sonic6,

The passthrough via HDMI was working with the previous 141227 firmware. With the last I'm not able to use passthrough also using SPMC (after removing Kodi). I think that libmedia.so is broken this time.

ciao

luigi
                          You`re right, im sorry.

Is there another XMBC Version, where the passthrough and bitstream works? XBMC is not very smooth and the "library update on start" does not work.

I think that rikomagic has a serious quality assurance problem.
                          Can someone share libmedia.so from the previous firmware?

Ciao

Luigi
                          I will try it tomorrow.

*edit*

Here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...id/libmedia.so (libmedia.so from 142712)
                          Last edited by sonic6; 04-12-2015, 10:20.

Comment

Originally posted by sonic6 View Post

You`re right, im sorry.

Is there another XMBC Version, where the passthrough and bitstream works? XBMC is not very smooth and the "library update on start" does not work.

I will try it tomorrow.

*edit*

Here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...id/libmedia.so (libmedia.so from 142712)
                            Experiment failed (I bricked the board).

Code:
                            su
                            mount -option remount,rw /system
                            mv /system/lib/libmedia.so /system/lib/libmedia_newfirm.so
                            mv /mnt/internal_sd/Download/libmedia.so /system/lib
                            reboot
                            After that... the system was unable to boot. I will investigate at the end of the next week.

ciao

luigi

Comment

You forgot to change permissions ?

Code:
                              chmod 644 /system/lib/libmedia.so
                              chown 0:0 /system/lib/libmedia.so
                              if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                              then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                              $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Working...
                              X