Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HPH RK3288 Lollipop ROM v1.3 by mo123(Light Biz OS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mo

Any plan to support firefly board? Atm using your rom on firefly I cannot use any usb port but otg port. Furthermore microphone and shutdown do not work at all

Thank you

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00A utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by opengl1971
      What a ..... , mo123 you did what i though impossible , HEVC 10 bit in kodi for the first time ever , i couldn't believe it when it worked
      Each firmware i try this 10 bit kodi HEVC as my series of standard tests and it always fails , to the point that i lost hope and delayed
      This test to the last , to my very surprise it worked this time with this rom.

Not only this but the HEVC low black level banding is also fixed , meaning that the rom is set to black level = low without the famous
      over brightness bug , so no need now for the work around of setting the rom to black level = high , it just works exactly as it should
      Which is another problem that is only solved in this rom.

It also solved the bug where the video stutters in all UHD x264 videos during and fade to black parts , all 4k x264 trialers display
      clips of the movie separated by a fade to black in which all previous roms stutters badly , but not this rom which played the entire
      Fade to black sections without stuttering.

Along with some other tiny video playback fixes that is done for the first time in this rom.

Only one thing that doesn't work which is the UHD resolution , doesn't work when select it from settingsor in kodi also
      Both give black screen and it is the only thing that keeps this rom from perfection for me

All in all , mo123 i don't know what magic did you pull into this rom but i can assure you that it works and by works i mean WORKS
      Thanks alot mo123 for this rom that i can only applaud and raise my hat for and if you find away to fix the UHD resolution it will be
      Really the epic rom (it already is ) , thanks again.
      Hi,
      Can you test this file in mxplayer or kodi
      Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! demo-uhd3d.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf demo-uhd3d.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

It is hevc 10 bit 60 fps

Thank you

Comment

Mo123 , i sent you the catlog when changing resolution from 1080p60 to UHD

Comment

Originally posted by gaetanolip View Post
          Hi,
          Can you test this file in mxplayer or kodi
          Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! demo-uhd3d.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf demo-uhd3d.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

It is hevc 10 bit 60 fps

Thank you

The 60fps in kodi doesn't work well (lots of dropped frames) , in mxplayer works ok but if you touch the screen border by mouse the image will get corrupted
          Bottom line that 10bit HEVC works very well with kodi for UHD until 30fps from demo-uhd3d.com web site but not 60fps

Comment

Originally posted by opengl1971 View Post

The 60fps in kodi doesn't work well (lots of dropped frames) , in mxplayer works ok but if you touch the screen border by mouse the image will get corrupted
            Bottom line that 10bit HEVC works very well with kodi for UHD until 30fps from demo-uhd3d.com web site but not 60fps
            Thank you. In MX plplayer does that file play with hw or hw+ decoder? I mean, I think the future will be hevc 10 bit 60fps.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

It should work if you flash latest Lollipop resource.img( or perhaps kernel.img also) from latest stock Lollipop ROM of UBox device or maybe Wasser 3.0.2 firmware, but I'm not sure if it's new enough to successfully boot together with this firmware.

Thanks for the suggestion mo - I tried using the wasser resoure.img and kernel.img and also the trasnmort r28 stock as this is based on 5.1.1 but the Wasser caused no difference and the tronsmort resource.img stopped the box posting any sort of display.

Comment

Originally posted by reeso3000 View Post

Thanks for the suggestion mo - I tried using the wasser resoure.img and kernel.img and also the trasnmort r28 stock as this is based on 5.1.1 but the Wasser caused no difference and the tronsmort resource.img stopped the box posting any sort of display.
                Then their Lollipop firmware is too old. There were several driver updates in the new ROM(HDMI,GPU,VPU,USB etc.).
                I don't think Tronsmart will ever release a working Lollipop for R28, they don't even care to fix the bugs on their latest R68 device.
                Have you tried flashing the 720p kernel I posted in the OP, some people said it fixed a black screen on booting problem they had?
                Remember to flash the resource.img of this ROM again also or the complete ROM again and then the 720p kernel.

Comment

I pm'd you a test result last night. I will send you more of them shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicktdot View Post
                    I pm'd you a test result last night. I will send you more of them shortly.
                    Yes I received it.
                    Also try to get a catlog. Run the app then test Kodi and get the log - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.logcat&hl=en
                    Please also test pass-through on the first ROM, might need to flash the 720p kernel afterwards if it doesn't boot.
                    Then also test the RK Kodi 15.2 on it as it still uses an older pass-through method that I think works better.

But the plan is to move over to Kodi 16 with newer code and if everything works good then to do more changes so the pass-through changes can be merged with official Kodi and for these custom Kodi's not to be used anymore.

Comment

Then their Lollipop firmware is too old. There were several driver updates in the new ROM(HDMI,GPU,VPU, USB etc.).
                      I don't think Tronsmart will ever release a working Lollipop for R28, they don't even care to fix the bugs on their latest R68 device.
                      Have you tried flashing the 720p kernel I posted in the OP, some people said it fixed a black screen on booting problem they had?
                      Remember to flash the resource.img of this ROM again also or the complete ROM again and then the 720p kernel.
                      I managed to get it booting finally after trying loads of different roms etc - I eventually found a tronsmart rom 3 weeks newer than the one I originally tried (not listed on their main download page but hidden in the forum). All I needed to flash was resource.img for anyone wanting to try it. Of course the remote didn't work but programming my harmony remote as a tronsmart R28 resolved this. The power button turns the unit on but doesn't put it to sleep. Using the remote I can get the unit into standby but the led remains blue . Had to downgrade the kodi to 15.2 for it to work my mysql setup on my network but so far so good! Thanks again mo!!!

For anyone with a ubox 8gb wanting to try this the resource.img file can be found in the following firmware :-http://www.mediafire.com/download/vb7tsfg96wcl1g9/Orion_R28_Lollipop_box_150811.tar.gz

If the link is removed then the firmware required is - Orion R28_Lollipop_box_150811 (Don't mistake it for the other lollipop rom they released - R28_Orion_Lollipop_V150709 as this does not work with mo's rom!)
                      Last edited by reeso3000; 01-03-2016, 19:50.

Comment

Do HDMI CEC work out of the box or do I need change anything to make it work, because I can't figure it out, it's should be a function like switch ON/OFF in setting for the HDMI CEC

Edit: this tings can do much progress and it would be easier for us, like the amlogic box this function work out of the box

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk

Last edited by Shadi86; 01-04-2016, 02:26.

Comment

Can I show with this Firmware/Kodi 3D ISO Files (MVC) in Kodi (like Kodi on Ugoos Lollipop Firmware)?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCritter View Post
                            Can I show with this Firmware/Kodi 3D ISO Files (MVC) in Kodi (like Kodi on Ugoos Lollipop Firmware)?
                            Yes, just install RK Kodi 15.2

Comment

More log sent. will do more testing now on Kodi 15.2

Comment

Yes, just install RK Kodi 15.2
                                Thx, I will test it

Comment

Working...
                                X