Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HPH RK3288 Lollipop ROM v1.3 by mo123(Light Biz OS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- Based on Light Biz OS
    - Unified Storage
    - 1080p Youtube support
    - Fix Youtube fullscreen issue in Light Biz OS
    - 10-bit Color support
    - Pulsar addons working
    - Random ethernet MAC address solved
    - IP Multicast support
    - Extra Gamepad & IR Remote support
    - NTFS support

For 720p/4K Displays
    Please flash this after you flash the ROM, so firmware doesn't try to connect to a 1080p display that will then give you a black screen
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2l...ernel_Flash.7z

This kernel is still 1080p but on first boot it will be set on the 720p resolution setting. You can then change it to 1080p or 4K afterwards.

To enable Multi Window Support(To look like the picture below, Normal layout doesn't have a statusbar)
    - Settings - Display - 'Multi Window support' Enable it

For Kodi
    - Use standard Lollipop or switch to 'Mediacodec Rendering' if using 'Multi Window'
    Can also uninstall NTMC and use RK Kodi(this one compiled by wasser)
    http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/rk-ko...2-lollipop.apk

For ES File Manager
    - Use Classic theme to fix color problem or change color theme manually

For Nova Launcher
    - Can also change layout for app drawer to horizontal instead of vertical in launcher settings

To enable the Onscreen Keyboard
    - Settings - Input - Click the first Keyboard and enable 'Hardware Keyboard' to enable the onscreen keyboard.

Download Link: Here
    Flash Tool & Drivers: Here

Code:
    [SIZE=14px]Instructions:[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#008000][SIZE=14px][U][B]Before Installation[/B][/U][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [SIZE=14px]- Make sure USB Power saving mode is disabled for the USB Port you use to flash the device[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]- Use a PC Back USB Port and not ones from the front or a laptop[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]- Pause Antivirus software for 10 minutes to not interfere with the flashing or cause high disk usage.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]- Make sure device was connected to PC before in flash mode and drivers were installed[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#0000cd][SIZE=14px][U][B]To Install the drivers[/B][/U][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [SIZE=14px]1. If flashing for the first time, you need to install the drivers with DriverInstall.exe[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]2. If you recently upgraded your operating system to Windows 8.1 or higher, it's also a good idea to install the latest drivers.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]3. Let your PC recognize the device and automatically install the drivers[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]- Connect device with OTG Port and cable to PC[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]- Now connect the power adapter[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]- Before plugging the power adapter into the device, hold a paperclip into the reset hole of the device, keep holding it while connecting the power[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]You will hear a 'click sound' that Windows has now recognized the USB device.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]- It will ask to install the drivers or install it automatically.[/SIZE]

[B][U][COLOR=#FF0000]Flashing the ROM[/COLOR][/U][/B]
    [SIZE=14px]1. Select 'Upgrade Firmware' in AndroidTool v2.35(Second tab)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]2. Click on the 'Firmware' button to load the firmware(update.img that you extracted from the 7zip compressed file)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]3. Click 'EraseFlash' to wipe your device, wait for it to finish.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]4. Click 'Upgrade' to flash the new firmware.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]5. Wait about 2 minutes after flashing and before unplugging device for firmware to settle.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]6. Disconnect from PC and connect to TV.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]Enjoy[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px][U][B]HD Audio[/B][/U]

[COLOR=#0000CD][U][B]Kodi[/B][/U][/COLOR]
    You need to turn off the following settings in Kodi
    (But they should be disabled by default)
    - Keep audio device alive -- Off
    - Play GUI sounds -- Never

[COLOR=#800080][U][B]HDMI Bitstream[/B][/U][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#008000][B]Android[/B][/COLOR]
    - Choose HDMI Bitstream in Android Sound Settings

[U][B][COLOR=#800080]SPDIF Passthrough[/COLOR][/B][/U]

[COLOR=#008000][B]Android[/B][/COLOR]
    - Choose SPDIF Passthrough in Android Sound Settings[/SIZE]
    Click image for larger version

Name:	index.png
Views:	290
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	546507

Video showing Light Biz OS Functions

New Kodi 16 beta 5 Pass-Through Test Firmware(31-12-2015)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/6y...-V6_PT_Test.7z
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Kodi
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/tx...v7a-Build2.apk

Please test Kodi on this pass-through test ROM and compare to RK Kodi 15.2 or NTMC in the custom ROM above.
    This Kodi 16 beta 5 won't have pass-through support on any ROM besides this pass-through test ROM.
    If this Kodi and firmware works good, I'll make a new custom firmware with this new Kodi.
    Last edited by mo123; 01-09-2016, 15:08.

Still to be fixed:
    To add HDMI-IN drivers
    To fix bluetooth mic
    Last edited by mo123; 12-29-2015, 05:08.

Comment

many thanks mo...

Comment

the 4.3 coding is not right.... a 4.3 pic can be made 16.9 ok... but it is making the 16.9 pic in same addon 21.9

Comment

Originally posted by m1pnk View Post
          the 4.3 coding is not right.... a 4.3 pic can be made 16.9 ok... but it is making the 16.9 pic in same addon 21.9
          For these addons can you tell the
          resolution & codec used?
          Press 'o' on keyboard while Kodi/NTMC is playing
          eg. 1280x720 or 720x480 / dc:empty ffmpeg-x264, amcodec
          Does it work on official Kodi 16 correctly?
          Can you change the aspect ratio then, in the bottom video settings while a video is playing or in Kodi Settings?
          You can reinstall the NTMC from /system/preinstall/NTMC folder if you want to install it again.

I will elease a Kodi 16 app later if it works correctly in Kodi 16.

Comment

getting a 1080x520 pic
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

thats same on your and updated to latest kodi 16

Comment

thats same on your and updated to latest kodi 16
                You can perhaps ask for help on Kodi.tv forums.
                Ask if there is not perhaps a way to overwrite aspect ratio if video is a certain resolution or aspect ratio with a different value, maybe with a http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml file
                Just don't mention the addons you are using, can only mention official addons on Kodi forum otherwise they will delete your posts.

You can also try to disable MediaCodec Surface Rendering in Kodi Settings(enable the bottom expert settings first)
                Then in Video below that, Acceleration, disable Mediacodec so nothing is checked.
                Try to play the stream again, also check on the bottom of the Kodi menu for video settings while a video is playing to see if you can't change the aspect ratio now.

Comment

Thanks for this stable firmware!

When using NTMC that comes with it, and enabling HDMI passthrough, the HD Audio isn't making it through.

For example, playing a DTS-HD MA 7.1 track, The receiver goes in 5.1 mode only, and not 7.1. I verified the audio track is DTS-HD MA, 7.1 and S32P are displayed in the overlay (o)

The sound plays back ok, but the receiver only appears to get the core track.

Let me know if I should be using the standard lollipop instead

Comment

Originally posted by Nicktdot View Post
                    Thanks for this stable firmware!

When using NTMC that comes with it, and enabling HDMI passthrough, the HD Audio isn't making it through.

For example, playing a DTS-HD MA 7.1 track, The receiver goes in 5.1 mode only, and not 7.1. I verified the audio track is DTS-HD MA, 7.1 and S32P are displayed in the overlay (o)

The sound plays back ok, but the receiver only appears to get the core track.

Let me know if I should be using the standard lollipop instead
                    Please test this Kodi.
                    Uninstall NTMC.
                    To reinstall the NTMC, you can go to /system/preinstall/NTMC
                    I'm also working on a new Kodi 16 and Rockchip already released new pass-through patches, so I'll see if I can get that going also, but I'll have to rebuild the ROM and first upload it as a test ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You can perhaps ask for help on Kodi.tv forums.
                      Ask if there is not perhaps a way to overwrite aspect ratio if video is a certain resolution or aspect ratio with a different value, maybe with a http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml file
                      Just don't mention the addons you are using, can only mention official addons on Kodi forum otherwise they will delete your posts.

You can also try to disable MediaCodec Surface Rendering in Kodi Settings(enable the bottom expert settings first)
                      Then in Video below that, Acceleration, disable Mediacodec so nothing is checked.
                      Try to play the stream again, also check on the bottom of the Kodi menu for video settings while a video is playing to see if you can't change the aspect ratio now.
                      thats done the trick mo.... all acceleration is unticked.

Comment

thats done the trick mo.... all acceleration is unticked.
                        With software Acceleration using the CPU, aspect ratios seem to work right.
                        But you won't be able to play 1080p or 4K videos smoothly with Software acceleration since the CPU isn't made for this high resolution video playback, anything up to 1280(720p) should still play smoothly.
                        That is why in NTMC I set it at 800 resolution so 640x280 & 720x480 resolution streams that are mostly low resolution and 4:3 aspect ratio can be adjusted and played correctly. For normal aspect ratio videos above 1000 resolution it is better to use the VPU Hardware Acceleration MediaCodec or RKCodec options but then the videos have to be in a standard resolution and aspect ratio not in a strange one.
                        But with hardware acceleration - MediaCodec & RKCodec it usually doesn't have that aspect ratio option, but can play 1080p & 4K much smoother since it has a dedicated VPU(Video Processing Unit that is optimized to handle video playback)

Comment

Kodi is also considering to use Rockchip's new pass-through patches so there might be a daily or regular Rockchip Kodi build from the latest sources with working pass-through after Kodi 16 is released.
                          I will release another firmware the same as this but with the new Kodi 16 beta 5 and pass-through patches for testing.
                          It should also work better with Light Biz OS but high bitrate 4K videos might still be a problem since I don't think it plays as smooth with MediaCodec as with RKCodec Acceleration.
                          Since NTMC is based on Kodi 16 beta 2 pass-through might not work fully correct with it, so I hope people will be able to give feedback on this ROM and the test one I'm going to release.

Comment

Waiting your new release so I can get you feedback,

many thanks

Comment

can you please confirm if netflix is working ?

thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X