Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if posted in wrong thread. Any latest firmware for Tronsmart R28 Pro?

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher View Post
      Sorry if posted in wrong thread. Any latest firmware for Tronsmart R28 Pro?
      Tronsmart closed down their tv box business more than 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Tronsmart closed down their tv box business more than 2 years ago.
        I see, can I update my box running stock Lollipop to 1 of your roms? Which one would you recommend? My box is the Tronsmart R28 Pro with 8GB rom.
        Appreciate your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher View Post

I see, can I update my box running stock Lollipop to 1 of your roms? Which one would you recommend? My box is the Tronsmart R28 Pro with 8GB rom.
          Appreciate your help.
          You can try it, but make sure you have a backup of the stock firmware for your device to flash back if it doesn't work.

Comment

Hi there...

Any news about this ?

Last week i found my old rk3288 ap6335 ugos ut3s and what should i say, i do not want to give up get it working.
            Your firmware is a perfect thing for it, itworks as a charme, plays videos, streams, whatever. But only via LAN

Perhaps someone could help ( after so many years ) about the ap6335 wifi problems, i can add some information.
            tried for years now getting the ugos ut3s to work with the ap6335 wifi chip, no success.

What i have done so far:

- changed via root nvram_ap6330.txt to nvram_ap6335.txt = no effect
            - replaced nvram_ap6335.txt with a newer one = no effect

- found a zip in the internet containing: fw_bcm4339a0_ag.bin fw_bcm4339a0_ag_apsta nvram_ap6335.txt and replaced them = no effect

- edited build.prob to wifi=wlan0 to wlan1 (2,3...) = no effect
            - edited build.prob to wifi=wlan0 to usb0 (1,2,3,...) and added a rtl8x usb stick = no effect
            - checked via console iconfig -a: = no result, usb is not accepted as a wlan source although it is shown via usb checker as realtek plugged in

- edited build.prob to wifi=wlan0 to usb0 and added a rtl8x usb stick = no effect
            - edited build.prob region=USA to EU = no effect
            - edited build.prob channel=11 to 13 = no effect

- found this: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Pr...-1/td-p/563851
            => no idea how to use this

- tried to install twrp several versions, found none what is working. Oma's should, but can not be found on the net any more.
            - also the old 4.4 android / linux firmware which is known for a working wifi can not be downloaded from ugos or anywhere else, always dead links.

- last try for now: ordered a "old" wifi n stick from tp, known for working with older androids, i will test this next week.

If anybody has a clue to get this firmware working with ap6335 which i have not tried, i would be happy to read it here.

Greets
            Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKay View Post
              Hi there...

Any news about this ?

Last week i found my old rk3288 ap6335 ugos ut3s and what should i say, i do not want to give up get it working.
              Your firmware is a perfect thing for it, itworks as a charme, plays videos, streams, whatever. But only via LAN

Perhaps someone could help ( after so many years ) about the ap6335 wifi problems, i can add some information.
              tried for years now getting the ugos ut3s to work with the ap6335 wifi chip, no success.

What i have done so far:

- changed via root nvram_ap6330.txt to nvram_ap6335.txt = no effect
              - replaced nvram_ap6335.txt with a newer one = no effect

- found a zip in the internet containing: fw_bcm4339a0_ag.bin fw_bcm4339a0_ag_apsta nvram_ap6335.txt and replaced them = no effect

- edited build.prob to wifi=wlan0 to wlan1 (2,3...) = no effect
              - edited build.prob to wifi=wlan0 to usb0 (1,2,3,...) and added a rtl8x usb stick = no effect
              - checked via console iconfig -a: = no result, usb is not accepted as a wlan source although it is shown via usb checker as realtek plugged in

- edited build.prob to wifi=wlan0 to usb0 and added a rtl8x usb stick = no effect
              - edited build.prob region=USA to EU = no effect
              - edited build.prob channel=11 to 13 = no effect

- found this: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Pr...-1/td-p/563851
              => no idea how to use this

- tried to install twrp several versions, found none what is working. Oma's should, but can not be found on the net any more.
              - also the old 4.4 android / linux firmware which is known for a working wifi can not be downloaded from ugos or anywhere else, always dead links.

- last try for now: ordered a "old" wifi n stick from tp, known for working with older androids, i will test this next week.

If anybody has a clue to get this firmware working with ap6335 which i have not tried, i would be happy to read it here.

Greets
              Dennis
              Hi ,

found a .... on Net , you must set the permissions of the file right to work , this always must be done ,

strange on my old UT3 , Wifi always worked well with Mo123 Roms , ask Mo , he can for sure give you the

right permission values for the file , maybe it helps , it the file is the correct one ,

but really , A5.1 , too old , check for a newer Box ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Well, it has been a nice box, quite old, but expensive (puh!), putting it to garbage is not acceptable There are 7.1 Androids around, tried them, same Wifi error.

The box is used as a spare tv system to be used in case of old tvs without smart functions, buying a new one is not planned.

In case someone finds this thread (like me), perhaps one of the ways i tried will work on other rk3288 box. Sometimes i think my 6335 chip is defective...

I have found also this: https://www.programmersought.com/article/89118038032/ <- quite too hard to get it work for me

Asking Mo is a nice idea, thx, i will do so.

Comment

[QUOTE=mo123;n564418]HPH RK3288 Lollipop ROM v1.13 (07-10-2018)

Fix Enter key in Chrome, Google Play and other apps
                  Fix Spotify radio, artist menus that didn't work
                  Add support for VirtualXposed
                  Add Youtube Vanced, SmartYoutubeTV apps
                  Updated apps
                  RKMC with Kodi 18 skin
                  Spoof ethernet as wifi
                  Hide HDMI Output
                  Support Win10 miracast connection
                  Increase volume steps to 20 for more accurate volume changing
                  Default to numeric keyboard for static IP menu items
                  Handle bad bitrate index in mp3dec
                  Fix initialization of AAC presentation struct
                  Bluetooth: fix for bt can not connect back
                  Check mp3 output buffer size
                  Support MPEG4 codec in Matroska files
                  Improved external hard-drive compatibility

Latest Kodi 18 here

For ZA users using DSTV, can use this addon for Kodi or
                  install these 4 and this app in VirtualXposed, enable them and install the streaming app through APKPure in VX.

Download Link:Here
                  Pass:nagrace

/QUOTE]

Hi mo123,can u fix the downloadn link, it seem`s the link was dead,thx!

Comment

Working...
                X