Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuttering/choppy playback

Hey Guys

I know Mo has been replying, but dont want to keep bothering him, so hoping somebody can advise me

I upgraded to v1.8a for the HPH NT V6, but all my videos either Netflix, Youtube etc there are moments of lag, stuttering or just choppy playback.

Any advice on what i can do here? I tried v1.9, but the audio is broken for me, so downgraded to v1.8a.

Im guessing that i should have done a clean install? Should i hit erase flash 1st before upgrading or downgrading? What does erash flash actually do?

Hi,

Have you tried the latest 1.10 just released by Mo?

Mo has said already back in 2015 that his firmware solved this issue. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...031#post513031

I have a Cloudnet CR16 & Lenovo ministation, both equipped with RK3288.

For Cloudnet CR16,the latest stock firmware and other firmwares from some Chinese websites,they all had the same issue like yours.Playing back local files had no such issue,while streaming online videos had this annoying stutter.I would try Mo's 1.10 firmware.

For Lenovo ministation,since it has a closed source chip from Tencent,so it can't be flashed with other firmwares other than it's stock one.
    Tested several days,streaming online videos,not a single stuttering or choppy playback,something to do with codec? no idea.Maybe different CPU subversion?It's a RK3288-CG.

for tear down of this one & by another different brand

For the first version of firmware,I didn't test http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sklyz2P pass:7y44, the first version was said not allowing 3rd party APK, now the latest can do,only update ROM at official site: http://ms.myapp.com/myapp/ministatio...ion_update.zip
    Inside there is a whitelist.xml.

I am still looking for solving the stuttering issue for Cloudnet CR16 & possibly 3rd party firmware for Ministation bypassing Tencent chip.

Comment

found out the chip in 2014,just RK3288,NOT RK3288-CG.
      I believe it's the RK3288 for most devices.

Comment

Hi icemanbrfc ,

i have the same Problems with A & V on 5.1 Roms on my UT3 ,

but only if WIFI is ON , really strange .

What happens on your Box with Wifi out or on ???

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern
          Hi icemanbrfc ,

i have the same Problems with A & V on 5.1 Roms on my UT3 ,

but only if WIFI is ON , really strange .

What happens on your Box with Wifi out or on ???

nice Day

gefattern
          Hey man, sorry for the very late reply. For me it doesn't matter if it's on or not, still the same. I have downgraded and upgraded to see which rom might be stable, but it's hit and miss for me

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi icemanbrfc ,

ever tried the stock Firmware ??? to see what happens .

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by icemanbrfc View Post
              Hey man, sorry for the very late reply. For me it doesn't matter if it's on or not, still the same. I have downgraded and upgraded to see which rom might be stable, but it's hit and miss for me

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
              I'm working on new firmware.
              You can test the new version and report any problems soon.

Also test ut3s 3.0.9 firmware here
              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

It should probably also work well.

Always do a full EraseFlash after flashing a few times, otherwise it's not needed.
              Also install a CPU, memory usage app and check if there aren't any big processes running in the background.
              To optimise storage, use an app like https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dr.boost&hl=en

Comment

Working...
              X