HPH NT-V6 RK3288 Custom Nougat ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doc539 View Post
    Thank you"Mo123" for a great rom!!! you are the best!!!
    Hi ,

WoW , great Score , nearly the double with new Roms , this shows

Dev. Mo123 is a great Dev. & knows what he does ,

have much Fun / gefattern

Comment

Hi mo123

I have already installed the update twice and it does not turn on the power LED and the remote control does not turn on the device

thanks for your work and attention!!

Comment

Originally posted by humlisan View Post
        Hi mo123

I have already installed the update twice and it does not turn on the power LED and the remote control does not turn on the device

thanks for your work and attention!!
        I will just check.
        For the remote, it can only resume from sleep, not turn on device if previously completely shutdown.

Comment

thanks mo123

Comment

thx, i'm testing.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I will just check.
              For the remote, it can only resume from sleep, not turn on device if previously completely shutdown.
              Hi, mo123

Thank your for good job and nice ROM.
              I'd like to ask you about HPH NT-V6 RK3288 Custom Nougat ROM.
              I know a lot of Beelink R89 / Tronsmart R29 owners, who have succesefully flashed
              your custom ROM and me too. It's really fast and stable and It's a good chance to give second life to such 5 year old boxes.
              The only one problem is "shutdown"... Software "power off" doesn't shutdown box completelly, we should long press (6-10sec) power button or disconnect power cable. So shutdown doesn't work properly. We have already tried UGOS UT3/UT3S firmware -> same problem. Nobody can solve this problem, unfortunatelly. May be you have any ideas how to fix it ?
              Shutdown problem is main reason why most of Beelink R89 / Tronsmart owners, staying with old Android 5.xx / 6.xx firmwares.

BTW: I have already recieved my AmLogic S922x box, its nice and performant..

Best regards,
              Alex

Comment

• mo123
                mo123 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm also not sure how to fix it.
                Mostly shutdown enters a deep sleep so you can wake the device again with an ir remote.
                With a complete shutdown, you won't be able to power on the device with an ir remote.
                Better to connect the tv box to a wall power outlet you can manually switch off if needed or get a smart power strip.

Thank you, mo123...
              The problem is, that Tronsmart R28 ir-remote doesn't work with this firmware. WLAN works perfectly, bluetooth works, micro-sd card-reader works, hdmi audio & video output works, 3.5 audio output works, all works fine.. Except ir-remote and power switch. And I really like your firmware , it's really a second life for such outdated, but still powerfull enougth devices based on RK3288. in terms of speed they can be compared event to Amlogic S905x2.

So because of non-functional ir-remote, only power on/off button could be used. I have found a hack / trick / workaround how to fix complete power off. I am using microcontroller (ESP8268) with current sensor and it monitors current ... in deep sleep the box consumes < 0.2 A current, so I can turn of it for 1 second through relay and it will be turned off completely -> so I am simulating power cable disconnection for a second ) It's very very tricky, I know.... but... it is a quick and dirty solution )

I have already build for about 6 years ago android firmware from sources for my samsung galaxy s2 or s3 phone... but It's really intensive work and it needs a deep knowledge, and I am only amateur

Comment

Huge problem... Okay I have the HPH NT-V6 box,

I did the usual erase flash then upgrade,

It flashed 100% then when it went to reboot my box didn't do anything at all

Now when i plug it in the PC no longer sees it nor does the power light come on.

Is my box fooked ?

Is there anything I can do to bring it back to life?

Cheers Chris.

EDIT** Ive tried a different power supply but no luck?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Gee_ View Post
                  Huge problem... Okay I have the HPH NT-V6 box,

I did the usual erase flash then upgrade,

It flashed 100% then when it went to reboot my box didn't do anything at all

Now when i plug it in the PC no longer sees it nor does the power light come on.

Is my box fooked ?

Is there anything I can do to bring it back to life?

Cheers Chris.

EDIT** Ive tried a different power supply but no luck?
                  Hi ,

maybe a Chip is bricked after Years of using , but first try it with "MaskRomMode" ,

look here :

best to use a StockRom for restore , Problems , Questions , ask , here ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Okay there is power going into the unit as i can feel the board warming up i'll maybe try another USB-USB cable to see if I can bring it back to life.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Gee_ View Post
                      Okay there is power going into the unit as i can feel the board warming up i'll maybe try another USB-USB cable to see if I can bring it back to life.
                      You can try a different USB-USB A Male cable.
                      Use a PC USB port, not laptop or port from a USB Hub.
                      Reinstall the v4.5 drivers
                      Use AndroidTool v2.65
                      Do an EraseFlash then 'Upgrade'.
                      If you can connect in Loader Mode, go to the last tab of AndroidTool and change to MaskROM Mode then flash.
                      If all else fails, you can short 2 pins on the PCB to enter MAskrOM Mode, there are instructions on Ugoos's blog.

Comment

Hi mo123,
                        Can you please make a version for AP6330 (Broadcom Wifi Chipset)?

Thanks!
                        Last edited by Birkenhead; 07-03-2019, 12:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumonde View Post

You can use power of Magisk.
                          Just install magisk manager apk https://magiskmanager.com/downloading-magisk-manager
                          and flash my patched boot.img to boot partition https://mega.nz/#!Ack2GYDL!-Ip4_024d...Kzv6ovsX5o251M
                          mo123, are you gonna ever update this Rom again with root access?
                          I haven't found a way to root this rom, tried many times and get some stupid error , i can still flash any other Roms though, but not root this rom.. Thanks
                          -Chromecast with Google TV
                          - Android Q Android 10

Comment

Originally posted by el_easy View Post

mo123, are you gonna ever update this Rom again with root access?
                            I haven't found a way to root this rom, tried many times and get some stupid error , i can still flash any other Roms though, but not root this rom.. Thanks
                            I can upload a rooted ROM if it will be helpful.
                            Will just take a bit of time to test if everything is working.
                            Magisk rooting should work very well, much better than SuperSU that was discontinued.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I can upload a rooted ROM if it will be helpful.
                              Will just take a bit of time to test if everything is working.
                              Magisk rooting should work very well, much better than SuperSU that was discontinued.
                              Hi Mo123 ,

"Magisk rooting should work very well" only for this Rom or for any RK Rom & PCB ???

Magisk for RK3399 would be nice , even if only for "root" ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                              X