MK903V ROM OPTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK903V ROM OPTIONS

Having recently bought this newly released device from aliexpress, I am wondering if there are or will be roms available on it. There is absolutely no info on Rikomagic's site and the only reviews I have found so far are on Youtube. The UI is totally skinless as I expected but there does not seem to be any indication of updates so far. Does anyone know more information about this? Thanks.

It would really helpful if you have some infos to give it to us
    Most of currently announced Rockchip RK3288 based Android mini PCs comes in box form factor, rather than in HDMI stick form factor, but I've been informed

=> STICK (dongle)
    => I think you are one of the first who own it

only for your information http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?16504-MK903V
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Yeah i am!! There's only about 42 orders on aliexpress! I'm not usually an early adopter of devices but I thought hey why not? Got an X8 together with the mk903v so i can compare the two when they arrive. Usually i would sell them to my own customers who can't wait for shipping :P

Sunchip was also one of the first who manufacturered their 3288 dongles, but the 903v became the first commercially available one so far.
      Last edited by Ilker123; 10-15-2014, 18:57.

Comment

If you are able to open the case would you like to make some pcb pictures?
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I'm still due to receive it but once I do I'll be keen to have a look inside. Heres a review made by dealsprime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8zl6HywBEk

Also, I've been reading a few threads regarding stability issues and rebooting on the X8 when it comes to beta firmware, any ideas on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ilker123 View Post
            ... Also, I've been reading a few threads regarding stability issues and rebooting on the X8 when it comes to beta firmware, any ideas on this?
            I know someone had fixed it by flashing the img (via PC with flash tool) instead of the "unofficial" zip version (by finless) and another one had fixed it by fixing the heatsink (because of no good contact)...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Ah ok, you talking about the beta or final firmware here? Have you tested Finless 1.0 and seen if its any good? What clock freq would you recommend when flashing?

Comment

Originally posted by Ilker123 View Post
                1. Ah ok, you talking about the beta or final firmware here?
                2. Have you tested Finless 1.0 and seen if its any good?
                3. What clock freq would you recommend when flashing?
                1. beta
                2. not tested
                3. lower starting freq is better
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Looks like im joining the party..

Friday nightdeals..got me to buy one
                  -Its in the mail..got a msg with tracking data 4h after making order -DHL
                  Time will tell

Comment

Looks like you'll be getting yours way before me. Singapore post ****ed me over, took a whole month to arrive and when it did, it went to the local delivery office only to go all the way back to China for no reason!

Comment

Hi,

it would be nice, if one of you guys would like to take a picture of the pcb, so I can complete this thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...K-%28Dongle%29 for the MK903V

Regard
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Did some research.. (might have been wise to do this before buying)
                        Lots of youtube vids..

Updates fw are on blog.geekbuying and http://www.bosuntop.com/soft.php?pid=11&cid=27
                        Also note.. a temp-test log and manual
                        Its looking good.. from what i have seen.. sofar

Comment

hmmm, at every test-scenario max 45°C at Ambient temperature 29°C except Aantutu_5.0 Test, 2D Game (Wow Fish) and 3D Game (Ripitide GP2)... I don't know, I don't know... 55°C - 60°C ok, but max 45°C ... and is it somewhere outside the SoC or do we talk about core-temperature?
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Finally it has arrived
                            • Manual
                            • Hdmi cable (female to male)
                            • Usb to micro-usb (otg) cable
                            • Micro-usb to IR cable
                            • Dc adaptor (5v 2.5A)
                            • Antenna
                            • Remote IR

The device it self.. feels solid alu

Lets see.. Im impressed
                            -boot-up in about 5sec
                            -installing appz realy fast
                            -screen scale.. i could exactly state the borders of my tv (16:10)
                            -no issue connecting to routers on ch11/13
                            -shutdown button is standby.. hold button and real shutdown option comes
                            --while in shutdown.. ir-reader is still active, you can boot the system using remote
                            ---if you place ezroot.zip on internal sd, after boot..it will ask..found update, do you wish to install?
                            -display options: reset_bcsh,hue,satcon,contrast,brighness,movie mode,hdmi mode,output interface,screenscale
                            -first run Spmc 13.3.4.. amazing fast

Notes: My unit came preset
                            Hdmi set to 1080/60 (not to 'auto' detect)
                            Language : UK
                            After getting root: cputemp and android-tuner.. still report temp 2c
                            Cpu runs between: 312 and 1.8ghz //gov interactive // rockchip rk3288 flattened device tree
                            No pre-rooted Fw
                            It comes with xbmc 14 aplpha4 pre-installed // ram free: 1022mb
                            It only comes with standaard kitkat gui (that feels quite fast)

Rtlxl= ads work, vids jump ahead
                            Npo= ads work, live stream work, vids buffer problems
                            720/1080 trailers using spmc (5.1 only after tweaking)

Gaming: dont buy this unit for gaming.. The unit became realy realy hot, after playing riptide2 (smooth)
                            -it doesn't trottle down.. It seems

Antutu video tester 2.2 score: 320 (all 27 vids green)
                            Tronsmart mars g01 works

Vpn, sadly.. I forgot the password (after forced renew password)
                            Iplayer:
                            Demand5:
                            Last edited by mitchell4you; 12-15-2014, 19:37.

Comment

Another MK903V user

Hello, I bought this Android stick too.

Have you rooted your stick ?

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
                              Finally it has arrived
                              • Manual
                              • Hdmi cable (female to male)
                              • Usb to micro-usb (otg) cable
                              • Micro-usb to IR cable
                              • Dc adaptor (5v 2.5A)
                              • Antenna
                              • Remote IR

The device it self.. feels solid alu

Lets see.. Im impressed
                              -boot-up in about 5sec
                              -installing appz realy fast
                              -screen scale.. i could exactly state the borders of my tv (16:10)
                              -no issue connecting to routers on ch11/13
                              -shutdown button is standby.. hold button and real shutdown option comes
                              --while in shutdown.. ir-reader is still active, you can boot the system using remote
                              ---if you place ezroot.zip on internal sd, after boot..it will ask..found update, do you wish to install?
                              -display options: reset_bcsh,hue,satcon,contrast,brighness,movie mode,hdmi mode,output interface,screenscale
                              -first run Spmc 13.3.4.. amazing fast

Notes: My unit came preset
                              Hdmi set to 1080/60 (not to 'auto' detect)
                              Language : UK
                              After getting root: cputemp and android-tuner.. still report temp 2c
                              Cpu runs between: 312 and 1.8ghz //gov interactive // rockchip rk3288 flattened device tree
                              No pre-rooted Fw
                              It comes with xbmc 14 aplpha4 pre-installed // ram free: 1022mb
                              It only comes with standaard kitkat gui (that feels quite fast)

Rtlxl= ads work, vids jump ahead
                              Npo= ads work, live stream work, vids buffer problems
                              720/1080 trailers using spmc (5.1 only after tweaking)

Gaming: dont buy this unit for gaming.. The unit became realy realy hot, after playing riptide2 (smooth)
                              -it doesn't trottle down.. It seems

Antutu video tester 2.2 score: 320 (all 27 vids green)
                              Tronsmart mars g01 works

Vpn, sadly.. I forgot the password (after forced renew password)
                              Iplayer:
                              Demand5:

Comment

Working...
                              X