Moe123 hph /mk902ii v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moe123 hph /mk902ii v6

I split up and used just loader/resource/kernel and parameter file from Mk902ii stock and everything else from Moe123 hph rom and works very well. kodi working fine for all ive tested and seem very quick to me heres some screens.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Hello,

please is there a guide to follow? i would like to try the same.

Thank you!

Comment

Using rk tool unpack his rom and stock rkm rom (re name temp folder hph then unpack rkm. Flash using loader /resource/kernel from Rkm unpack file everything else from hph.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
          Using rk tool unpack his rom and stock rkm rom (re name temp folder hph then unpack rkm. Flash using loader /resource/kernel from Rkm unpack file everything else from hph.
          ​could you please explain a little further ?
          by rk tool you mean Android Tool 2.35 ? the rkbatch tool does not seem to have any option to unpack.
          using the Android Tool I managed to unpack both the rkm and hph rom, but i am stuck.
          what needs to be done next ? on the "download image" tab it seems i can select individual files for flashing, but in the unpacked roms, i cannot find the "uboot.img" file.
          what am I doing wrong ?

thank you.

Comment

Yes it does top tabs select last one 2nd row select firmware then unpack 😌

Comment

Do not worry about finding uboot in rkm just use everything from hph except loader/resource/kernel/parameter file those will all be from latest rkm file.

Comment

edited: didnt realise the hph was a device, i didnt look at the screenshots u posted...stupid me. i tried and it works with 1.8 version of the rom(latest) and latest official rkm mk902ii rom. 54981 antutu result and lvl 3 drm (dvd quality netflix). AMAZING! Thanks for this!!!!!
                Last edited by Montrovant; 01-03-2017, 02:19.

Comment

Hello ! I'd appreciate a little help . I have successfully unpacked both roms . The problem is how to flash it the right way . I don't know how to pack back to image file for flashing via Android Tool - secont tab "firmware" - button " upgrade" .
                  I have tried to flash as an individual files via first tab in Android tool "download" - have chosen only the right files from both roms , then pressed RUN button . Files been uploaded to the device ,but after doing so the box can't start at all . Black screen without loader window . My device is RKM mk902II .

Comment

Originally posted by krazzyk76 View Post

Hello ! I'd appreciate a little help . I have successfully unpacked both roms . The problem is how to flash it the right way . I don't know how to pack back to image file for flashing via Android Tool - secont tab "firmware" - button " upgrade" .
                    I have tried to flash as an individual files via first tab in Android tool "download" - have chosen only the right files from both roms , then pressed RUN button . Files been uploaded to the device ,but after doing so the box can't start at all . Black screen without loader window . My device is RKM mk902II .
                    Hi

You can use the firmware I made for RKM MK902II here.

Then use the latest FTMC or RKMC Kodi.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Hi

You can use the firmware I made for RKM MK902II here.

Then use the latest FTMC or RKMC Kodi.
                      Hi !

Thanks for reply . I'm actually currently using your firmware for mk902II . It's all good , besides two annoyances
                      :
                      1)youtube stutters (tried everything - hw overlays disable+force gpu rendering , cleaning the cache , caching on fast sd card via og youtube app ) - its not very dependant on video quality 480/720/1080 - just happens on all of resolutions . Looks like suddenly slow motion for a second every 30 sec , and then normal play continues .
                      2)acestream live tv can't play in hardware accelerated mod in any videoplayer i have tried (mx player,mobo player ,vgx player, vlc player ) , only software decoding works , but then device overheats quickly

Everything else is very smooth with your rom - FTMC (after replacing two lib files like adviced ) , any online movies is smooth and hardware accelerated when it's not live tv via acestream, even 1080p !

I just wanted to try your new rom from hph, that people here says it's smooth and fast ...

Thanks !

Comment

mo123 hi
                        can you make overclocked kernel for this rom?
                        i have modified rk902II with heatsink installed and would like to try with OC CPU and RAM

p.s. also can you make SD card version of this one or the 1.9version of you other rom sd card version?
                        thank you

Comment

I split up and used just loader/resource/kernel and parameter file from Mk902ii stock and everything else from Moe123 hph rom and works very well. kodi working fine for all ive tested and seem very quick to me heres some screens.
                          Hello ! I have managed to install different roms from mo123 (of Nagrace hph device) on RKM mk902II . I have installed 1.8, 1.8a, 1.9 versions to try . The installation goes via Android Tool first tab , the files must be selected individually one by one - i have used loader+parameter+boot+resource+kernel+recovery files from original RKM mk902II rom , to make sure that remote and wifi and all hardware parts continue to work as intended on new rom . I don't know what can be the problem but all of above roms have video-aidio stuttering problem on RKM mk902II . I'm using my spdif output to send signal to external DAC to be finally converted to analog and continue to amplifier . So i have selected spdif audio output in android settings and passthrough in NTMC/FTMC audio settings . HDMI signal to tv goes without problems but spdif suddenly goes crazy after couple of minutes - the audio signal no longer passes right to DAC . Led signal indicator light on DAC starts to blink rapidly and sound starts to stutter severely like constant noise of scratched cd that cant be red correctly and stutters . The stuttering exists not only in NTMC/FTMC but in all video player and youtube - video and audio suddenly stutters for bit of a second and then continues normally . Only ntmc/ftmc spdif goes out of order when it happens and sound just continues to stutter by spdif but sounds normally by hdmi (on tv ) . So for now i have returned to mo123 RKM mk902II rom 1.0 - at least spdif passes ok and video stuttering felt a little bit only in youtube app . For now - no perfect rom exists for RKM mk902II ... so bad ...

Comment

Yup Rkm very poor support. ..

Comment

Originally posted by krazzyk76 View Post

Hello ! I have managed to install different roms from mo123 (of Nagrace hph device) on RKM mk902II . I have installed 1.8, 1.8a, 1.9 versions to try . The installation goes via Android Tool first tab , the files must be selected individually one by one - i have used loader+parameter+boot+resource+kernel+recovery files from original RKM mk902II rom , to make sure that remote and wifi and all hardware parts continue to work as intended on new rom . I don't know what can be the problem but all of above roms have video-aidio stuttering problem on RKM mk902II . I'm using my spdif output to send signal to external DAC to be finally converted to analog and continue to amplifier . So i have selected spdif audio output in android settings and passthrough in NTMC/FTMC audio settings . HDMI signal to tv goes without problems but spdif suddenly goes crazy after couple of minutes - the audio signal no longer passes right to DAC . Led signal indicator light on DAC starts to blink rapidly and sound starts to stutter severely like constant noise of scratched cd that cant be red correctly and stutters . The stuttering exists not only in NTMC/FTMC but in all video player and youtube - video and audio suddenly stutters for bit of a second and then continues normally . Only ntmc/ftmc spdif goes out of order when it happens and sound just continues to stutter by spdif but sounds normally by hdmi (on tv ) . So for now i have returned to mo123 RKM mk902II rom 1.0 - at least spdif passes ok and video stuttering felt a little bit only in youtube app . For now - no perfect rom exists for RKM mk902II ... so bad ...
                              RKM told me the latest code they have is 201603 end of last year and that is too old to be compatible with the latest HPH/Firefly RK3288 firmware that had lots of new code in the kernel, system since.
                              I don't have 2 weeks full time to try to port the remote, power drivers, fix booting problems etc. to a newer kernel and firmware.
                              The videos stuttering is because on the RKM, it uses much slower clock rates for the RAM, CPU than on other devices, because the box is much smaller, more things are closer together and not enough cooling and a small heatsink is installed. For smooth 1080p/4K, RAM needs to be 533mhz speeds but is about 400/433mhz on the RKM RK3288. The storage chip also plays a big part because all the streaming media is saved to it and the RAM while playing. The storage chip is about 30-40% slower than on other RK3288 devices and that is not something you can fix by software. When flashing the RKM RK3288 it takes about twice as long as on my other RK3288 devices because of the slower storage(EMMC).
                              To reduce stutter, try to not run any background services, also keep only a few apps installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X