No announcement yet.

Moe123 hph /mk902ii v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a way to bypass the slow mem and use the fast sd card as system allowing a 32 gig system memory and this does work much faster then the device memory.

If you want to add cooling you can use wassers rom but without cooling it will fail.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I forgot about booting from an SDCard.
      That might help a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

RKM told me the latest code they have is 201603 end of last year and that is too old to be compatible with the latest HPH/Firefly RK3288 firmware that had lots of new code in the kernel, system since.
        I don't have 2 weeks full time to try to port the remote, power drivers, fix booting problems etc. to a newer kernel and firmware.
        The videos stuttering is because on the RKM, it uses much slower clock rates for the RAM, CPU than on other devices, because the box is much smaller, more things are closer together and not enough cooling and a small heatsink is installed. For smooth 1080p/4K, RAM needs to be 533mhz speeds but is about 400/433mhz on the RKM RK3288. The storage chip also plays a big part because all the streaming media is saved to it and the RAM while playing. The storage chip is about 30-40% slower than on other RK3288 devices and that is not something you can fix by software. When flashing the RKM RK3288 it takes about twice as long as on my other RK3288 devices because of the slower storage(EMMC).
        To reduce stutter, try to not run any background services, also keep only a few apps installed.
        Yes , it looks like RKM did very poor work (hardware ,except rk3288 chip ,as well as a software is a piece of junk ). I have bought this device for 120$ several years ago , and it was positioned as RKM branded flagship model. Now i can say that it was total waste of money . I just gave up with it and bought an M8SII Mini with Amlogic s905x 2/8 GB for ridiculous 28$ . I must say, it's so much better - no overheat in a very small form factor , no video stuttering , a lot of custom ROM's to try . So RKM goes for my parents , as their demands is only live tv SD and not HD video . Thanks for all your great work of ROM modding !!!

Comment

Yup Rkm lost my vote to
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Ok going to try moe123 on sd card running wassers works like a charm only no wifi or network.

Comment

Ugoos ut3 new firmware runs well on this device. Sd card fast one it runs fast smooth and no heat issues. Confirmed working. Wifi/bluetooth/ sd card/ usb ports one not working. Have not checked network but think it wont from past tests. Seems to run nice. Will duve into it more tonight. Just loading it up with everything lol.

Network work too....

Sd card samsung 32 gig pro get clise to 50 antutu box sd close to 35 so is better on sd card. But works fine on the box as well.
              doesnt heat up on sd card but does get very warm on nan.
              Last edited by scooter2014; 03-09-2017, 03:47.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                Ugoos ut3 new firmware runs well on this device. Sd card fast one it runs fast smooth and no heat issues. Confirmed working. Wifi/bluetooth/ sd card/ usb ports one not working. Have not checked network but think it wont from past tests. Seems to run nice. Will duve into it more tonight. Just loading it up with everything lol.

Network work too....
                Scooter2014, it would be nice to tell us how you did it. I tried to update with the UT3 firmware but bricked my rkm v5 ;-) Had to short pins on the nand to have it back.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post

Network work too....

Sd card samsung 32 gig pro get clise to 50 antutu box sd close to 35 so is better on sd card. But works fine on the box as well.
                  doesnt heat up on sd card but does get very warm on nan.

... whoa, what's the reason for the difference in performance? Is it i/o and memory score that's higher?

Comment

Low emmc in mk902ii is why low on nan. But just flashed on with regular rk tool sd card made with lithium boot from sd card in linux. ( boot from sd card second method with script. )

Dont own v5 so dont know why doesnt load. Did you download ut3 not another device? Others got working in 3288 devices so know it works.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

RKM told me the latest code they have is 201603 end of last year and that is too old to be compatible with the latest HPH/Firefly RK3288 firmware that had lots of new code in the kernel, system since.
                      I don't have 2 weeks full time to try to port the remote, power drivers, fix booting problems etc. to a newer kernel and firmware.
                      The videos stuttering is because on the RKM, it uses much slower clock rates for the RAM, CPU than on other devices, because the box is much smaller, more things are closer together and not enough cooling and a small heatsink is installed. For smooth 1080p/4K, RAM needs to be 533mhz speeds but is about 400/433mhz on the RKM RK3288. The storage chip also plays a big part because all the streaming media is saved to it and the RAM while playing. The storage chip is about 30-40% slower than on other RK3288 devices and that is not something you can fix by software. When flashing the RKM RK3288 it takes about twice as long as on my other RK3288 devices because of the slower storage(EMMC).
                      To reduce stutter, try to not run any background services, also keep only a few apps installed.
                      Thanks so much mo123,the most detailed and authoritative answer.I got Cloudnetgo CR13 & CR 16,both are emmc 5.0,but got stutter once in a while.

Comment

On CX- 998 rk3288, works best UM3 firmware. No overheating and running quickly. The only LAN not working. It would be good if someone could fix it.

Comment

Working...
                        X