No announcement yet.

MK902II Custom Firmware v1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the original MK902II Remote working for you guys? As only some keys work, not sure if my remote has stopped working or some incompatibility. My airmouse is working but sometimes I still use the original IR remote.
    Last edited by jeromeof; 07-31-2016, 19:13.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You can also hold in the left mouse button, press 'c' on an airmouse/keyboard or press the 'menu' button on the IR remote to choose to play a video with
      Rockchip Video Player or MXPlayer if you want the best quality and several different aspect ratios to choose from and Kodi overlay menus aren't that important.

If you have time and want to test different audio codecs, please complete the spreadsheet I uploaded here

It will help to determine what pass-through codecs are fully working on RK3288 and which ones still need a bit of work to play perfectly.
      If there are problems with some videos it will help determine where the problems are and help everyone in the end.
      Other users are also welcome to complete the HD Audio Testing spreadsheet, can use Nagrace, Ugoos, RKM or Beelink firmware that support RKMC.
      It wont load stock player.. Will test MX player just to see if there is improvements. But it look so great...

Btw. even Atmos True HD works on this version of Kodi..

Comment

ok, been playing around some more with this ROM. Its pretty good, couple of things:
        1. GoogleCastReceiver
        This is installed as a priv-app but at least on my environment is incredible inefficient its continuously using 20-30% CPU and there is no obvious way to disable it. But it can be removed using Root (I used Titantium Backup and removed it), then the box idles at mostly 0%, so I would recommend removing it.
        2. Boot time
        I think I am noticing this more because of the HDMI-CEC support, but with my 100 or so apps (yes I know I don't need a 100 apps but I do like checking on the news or listen to radio/music as well as video) it takes about 3 minutes to boot up. Checking the log it seems to be the Android package manager boot up scan of packages (which is more / less happening behind the RKM bootup screen). This isn't the worst but annoying as you turn the TV on and then have to wait 2-3 minutes before watching sometime. I will have to teach my kids to be patient.

My original remote doesn't work, I can see the box recording the wrong keys (repeated) but I will investigate further, it could have just been broken as I hadn't used it in months and had to replace the batteries.

Jerome

Comment

Originally posted by jeromeof View Post
          ok, been playing around some more with this ROM. Its pretty good, couple of things:
          1. GoogleCastReceiver
          This is installed as a priv-app but at least on my environment is incredible inefficient its continuously using 20-30% CPU and there is no obvious way to disable it. But it can be removed using Root (I used Titantium Backup and removed it), then the box idles at mostly 0%, so I would recommend removing it.
          2. Boot time
          I think I am noticing this more because of the HDMI-CEC support, but with my 100 or so apps (yes I know I don't need a 100 apps but I do like checking on the news or listen to radio/music as well as video) it takes about 3 minutes to boot up. Checking the log it seems to be the Android package manager boot up scan of packages (which is more / less happening behind the RKM bootup screen). This isn't the worst but annoying as you turn the TV on and then have to wait 2-3 minutes before watching sometime. I will have to teach my kids to be patient.

My original remote doesn't work, I can see the box recording the wrong keys (repeated) but I will investigate further, it could have just been broken as I hadn't used it in months and had to replace the batteries.

Jerome
          I will test the new Cast app, it shouldn't use so much CPU.

I timed the flashing and first boot and it took about twice as long as another device.
          The reason is the RAM and storage chip is a slower model and it can't be fixed by software.
          You have to try to not have too many apps installed, more than 50 will cause extra delays.
          Also put blank .nomedia files in all your folders so Android doesn't scan them for multimedia files on every boot.

Comment

Depending on the apk. Some will use more memory thenn others. Been rock solid on mine running alot of programs scored above 48000 in antutu and thats with programs installed. 1.6 cpu setting keeps it running cool.
            Kodi rkmc runs fine (havent tested passthrough) ill start testing video soon as i finish lawn duty. 😁
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

See next
              Last edited by Thomasqqq; 08-01-2016, 20:25.

Comment

You can also hold in the left mouse button, press 'c' on an airmouse/keyboard or press the 'menu' button on the IR remote to choose to play a video with
                Rockchip Video Player or MXPlayer if you want the best quality and several different aspect ratios to choose from and Kodi overlay menus aren't that important.

If you have time and want to test different audio codecs, please complete the spreadsheet I uploaded here

It will help to determine what pass-through codecs are fully working on RK3288 and which ones still need a bit of work to play perfectly.
                If there are problems with some videos it will help determine where the problems are and help everyone in the end.
                Other users are also welcome to complete the HD Audio Testing spreadsheet, can use Nagrace, Ugoos, RKM or Beelink firmware that support RKMC.
                I have tested PT today) see attached. Only LPMC that did not work and one movie with DD+ (think it is the movie that is bad)

All other videos worked like a charm. Atmos was converted into TrueHD and DTS:X was converted into DTS-MA.

Some video on dropbox did not exist anymore.. Let me know if you need any more information or have special videos i need to test.
                Yesterday i tested a 37gb Atmos and did not have any issues with this movie. No audio hickups or sync problems..
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

hi i have test it on rkm v5 its run very good and no heat thank you mo123 work well done.

Comment

We should test with the latest Rkmc .... ver 5 out now. But still love this one Thanks again Moe123..... Hopefully a marshmellow kernel come out at some point for rk902ii..... The beelink rom runs flawlessly on mk902ii but wifi/bluetooth/network dont work because of different chipsets.....
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Anyone had an issue with wifi not getting ip address??? First ive seen this have to rest router now and then to get it to connect?

Comment

Dug my Beelink UBox (RK 3288) out of retirement and was testing this firmware. So far, very, very good. Using ZDMC I get full HD audio, (will fill out your spread sheet later). My only problem, the IP address keeps changing each boot. It is playing havoc with my router. Somewhere on my computer I had a file of something that told me how to correct that problem, but I can't find it.

Does anyone remember how to correct these boxes so they don't keep getting a new IP address each boot???/

thanks.

Edit: it is the MAC address that keeps changing. I remember this being an old problem with these boxes, but forgot how to correct it. It is using all my available IP addresses on my Trendnet router, and I don't know how to free up those used IP addresses. My old router, I would just reset the IP stack and it would delete those IP's not in use.
                        Last edited by clarkss12; 08-18-2016, 01:50.
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

RKM MK902II Custom Firmware v1.0

Changelog

- Increased storage space
                          - DRM support for streaming apps
                          - Miracast support
                          - SDCard Write access
                          - Removed some bloat
                          - Added Chrome browser, MiXplorer, Netflix & Hulu
                          - Some other optimizations

For Kodi please install RKMC, ZDMC or NTMC or another alternative.
                          The stock Kodi had a video resize bug.

Hope the extra storage helps a bit.

Download Link: Here
                          Flash with RKAndroid Tool v2.35
                          Mo, I need your help. I installed your firmware onto my Beelink Ubox (RK3288) and it is just fantastic, HOWEVER, it gets a new Ethernet MAC address at each boot. I even installed it again, to see it that helped, but it didn't. Also, I thought it was rooted when I first installed it, earlier today. Now it is not rooted??
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Mo, I need your help. I installed your firmware onto my Beelink Ubox (RK3288) and it is just fantastic, HOWEVER, it gets a new Ethernet MAC address at each boot. I even installed it again, to see it that helped, but it didn't. Also, I thought it was rooted when I first installed it, earlier today. Now it is not rooted??
                            Follow this guide here.

Comment

I found that tool yesterday and tried it. Kept getting "Writing mac failed!". Tried again today using the tool and method you linked to, same thing, "Writing mac failed!". On the bottom of my upgradeDll tool, it shows "Found one rocksub device". I tried all the functions on that tool, but always says failed.

Comment

Hi mo123! First of all thank you for this awesome Rom finally I find one for this box with widevine lvl 1...ty so very much! If I may can I ask you something? I have been trying to increase your rom Max cpu setting to 1.8 because some movies a bit laggy but its way beyond my knowledge. i thought flashing another boot.img would help but that ****ed the rom and it wont start so i need to flash while rom again.May I ask for some help please? I would appreciate it a lot!

First warning.... Watch the language
                                Last edited by scooter2014; 12-28-2016, 14:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X