Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anteros View Post

Hi Mo123,

I have a Cloudnetgo CR16 with AP6330 perfectly running this CUSTOM FIRMWARE.

But now it's 2020,android 5.1 seems old,there is an official android 7.1 https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...ii-tv-box.html

I use android tool 2.43 and with driver V4.5, load firmware---erase---upgrade,message shows download fail.
    I tried UM3 android 7 beta too,successfully flashed,but after connecting with TV,after pressing power button,severeal seconds,back to red button again.

When reflashing,put into mask mode,flashing this custom or stock firmware,several seconds back to red light,no device found.Had to use batch tool V1.8,quick press restore before red light again.

Now it is with this perfect custom 5.1.

I need your advice on how to flash to 7.1.

Thanks.
    Make sure you are using the latest drivers and tools to flash, AndroidTool or FactoryTool from rockchip-linux/tools on Github.
    Then there are also problems that other devices firmware don't have correct drivers for your RAM or storage chip and cause problems.
    The only thing that will work correctly is if Cloudnetgo releases their own Nougat firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Make sure you are using the latest drivers and tools to flash, AndroidTool or FactoryTool from rockchip-linux/tools on Github.
      Then there are also problems that other devices firmware don't have correct drivers for your RAM or storage chip and cause problems.
      The only thing that will work correctly is if Cloudnetgo releases their own Nougat firmware.
      Hi,

Thanks so much for the info.
      I guess the android tool 2.43 and driver V4.5 bundled with Ugoos UT3 is new enough,for their Nougat beta.
      Maybe the different RAM and storage chip.

Cloudnetgo would never release their own Nougat I guess,not even Lollipop.

But Rikomagic seems to keep updating this MK902II,the latest is Nougat,the former ones are all OK with my Cloudnetgo.

I wonder if there will be any V2 of this Custom MK902II,which the highest stepping of CPU is 1.8 Ghz.Right now,it's 1.5gHz,and the stock 5.11 with seperate Userspace is 1.8Ghz.

Of course I prefer your customize 5.11 with unified storage space.

Many thanks.

Comment

Hi Mo123,

I really appreciate your advice.

After using the latest android tool and driver,I successfull flashed Nougat,booting up really fast and smooth running,the cpu is from 126-1.6Ghz.

Only one problem is that I found out the interface as suggested by AIDA64 is 1280x720,I change it into auto in HDMI setting.

Once in a while,the bottom half would be lines,if I press return,it would go away,and would come up again sometime.It's not app issue,even the main home screen would be like this while the CPU tem is only 36.

It's long be known since RK3188 the 1280x720 resolution.
        What would be the main problem with your ROM expertise?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2790.JPG
Views:	731
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	795472Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2791.JPG
Views:	744
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	795471Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2792.JPG
Views:	734
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	795470

Comment

Hi Mo123,

I really appreciate your advice.

After using the latest android tool and driver,I successfull flashed Nougat,booting up really fast and smooth running,the cpu is from 126-1.6Ghz.

Only one problem is that I found out the interface as suggested by AIDA64 is 1280x720,I change it into auto in HDMI setting.

Once in a while,the bottom half would be lines,if I press return,it would go away,and would come up again sometime.It's not app issue,even the main home screen would be like this while the CPU tem is only 36.

It's long be known since RK3188 the 1280x720 resolution.
          What would be the main problem with your ROM expertise?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2790.JPG
Views:	731
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	795472Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2791.JPG
Views:	744
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	795471Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2792.JPG
Views:	734
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	795470
          The HDMI drivers in the kernel might need updating.
          It requires the whole SDK to be updated by Rikomagic.
          Resolutions are also not saved after a reboot since there is no baseparameter.

Comment

The HDMI drivers in the kernel might need updating.
            It requires the whole SDK to be updated by Rikomagic.
            Resolutions are also not saved after a reboot since there is no baseparameter.
            thanks for your expertise.
            This nougat is actually for a tablet,not compiled from SDK,so I wonder why Rikomagic put it up on their official website.

Comment

thanks for your expertise.
              This nougat is actually for a tablet,not compiled from SDK,so I wonder why Rikomagic put it up on their official website.
              Also I wonder if the bottom green part is not perhaps the onscreen keyboard that tries to popup but is broken.
              Try the Null keyboard app and make it the default keyboard app in the settings, maybe it helps and the LatinIME keyboard app they use is not suited for this firmware.

The Ugoos firmware also seems to be from a tablet but is has a bug so you can't use 4K resolutions on it.
              I don't think box firmware was developed in the early days for RK3288 devices and only later done.
              But manufacturers moved on to newer devices so no one wants to make box firmware for RK3288 devices with Nougat/Pie firmware it seems that they don't sell anymore.

Comment

Also I wonder if the bottom green part is not perhaps the onscreen keyboard that tries to popup but is broken.
                Try the Null keyboard app and make it the default keyboard app in the settings, maybe it helps and the LatinIME keyboard app they use is not suited for this firmware.

The Ugoos firmware also seems to be from a tablet but is has a bug so you can't use 4K resolutions on it.
                I don't think box firmware was developed in the early days for RK3288 devices and only later done.
                But manufacturers moved on to newer devices so no one wants to make box firmware for RK3288 devices with Nougat/Pie firmware it seems that they don't sell anymore.
                Wow,you're really an guru.
                It's highly possible the popup of onscreen keyboard,that's why I press return,it goes away.
                But I didn't try to type something,it showed up itself and after pressing return,it went away,would show up again.
                After trying the Null keyboard app,what if I need to use the onscreen keybard?
                Since it's rooted by default,is it possible that I replace the LatinIME keyboard in the ROM? If so,how to do it?

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Guru,
                  Na Just know his stuff very well

Wow,you're really an guru.
                It's highly possible the popup of onscreen keyboard,that's why I press return,it goes away.
                But I didn't try to type something,it showed up itself and after pressing return,it went away,would show up again.
                After trying the Null keyboard app,what if I need to use the onscreen keybard?
                Since it's rooted by default,is it possible that I replace the LatinIME keyboard in the ROM? If so,how to do it?
                The app is in /system/LatinIME*
                You can replace it with a different LatiunIME app or
                You can install a different keyboard app like https://github.com/yuliskov/LeanKeyKeyboard/releases and make it the default.
                It also works with ir remotes.

Comment

The app is in /system/LatinIME*
                  You can replace it with a different LatiunIME app or
                  You can install a different keyboard app like https://github.com/yuliskov/LeanKeyKeyboard/releases and make it the default.
                  It also works with ir remotes.
                  Hi,

Really appreciate your help.

But no luck after installing LeanKeyboard.I have found no setting default of input,So I just moved the /system/LatinIME.apk to download.
                  There is also a Japanese IME there which I don't know where the location would be in /system.
                  Now it's default input is the newly installed LeanKeyboard,but still once in a while half the screen would be lines.

The IR remote doesn't work in the beginning since this firmware was modified from a tablet.

What different LatinIME app and it's associated LIB should be put into /System? I know there should be compatibility issues.

Really hope RKM can release their RK3288 Nougat SDK to you.

Thanks.

Comment

• mo123
                    mo123 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I did ask them in the past but they said it was to big to send.
                    I contacted them again but if they don't respond, there is nothing I can do.
                    I have far better things to do then fix their broken firmware.

Really appreciate your help.
                  what version of the program did you flash MK902II_Neutral_7.1 ?
                  I am flashing FactoryTool_v1.63, successfully, but the device does not boot after that

Comment

Originally posted by Arhipov View Post
                    what version of the program did you flash MK902II_Neutral_7.1 ?
                    I am flashing FactoryTool_v1.63, successfully, but the device does not boot after that
                    I use Android Tools rather than Factory tool to flash,version 2.35.

Comment

Hi,

I currently have the RKM 902II Andorid PC. When I flash the Neutral 7.1 it fails after uploading. Used latest tools and image comes directly from RKM website. Not sure why it ti failing.
                      Is There anyway to get a newer version of android on this box with all working?

Cheers,
                      Hemant

Comment

Originally posted by hemant View Post
                        Hi,

I currently have the RKM 902II Andorid PC. When I flash the Neutral 7.1 it fails after uploading. Used latest tools and image comes directly from RKM website. Not sure why it ti failing.
                        Is There anyway to get a newer version of android on this box with all working?

Cheers,
                        Hemant
                        Try with AndroidTool v2.45 or v2.71 with EraseFlash then Upgrade
                        Also try FactoryTool v1.67 and Restore if it doesn't work.

Comment

Hi,

Does it work stable, I just need Kodi latest and netflix.

Hemant

Comment

Try with AndroidTool v2.45 or v2.71 with EraseFlash then Upgrade
                            Also try FactoryTool v1.67 and Restore if it doesn't work.
                            where can I download those versions of rkandroidtools?

Enviado desde mi RMX1993 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X