Ugoos ut3 running on rkm902ii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos ut3 running on rkm902ii

The latest ugoos firmware runs very fast and well on the rkm. I am thinking of digging farther in it to see what else can be adjusted. I modified one box with fan and I would not try without one. Getting 52-53000 in antutu. Everything else working bluetooth network wifi ect.... Interesting so far.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

hi can it run on rkm v5

Comment

Dont think so no way to put fan but dont know I dont have device
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

...yup, compared to RK3368 the RK3328 runs hot as hell. I polished and upgraded the heatsink on one years ago because it just generated too much heat - and that's the only one I've done that to, and it's also the only one I've never cared to overclock

edit: the RK3288 just run too hot, it's not that Ugoos has high clock speeds, they're known to be notoriously slow/conservative with their clock speeds. Even DDR clocks on Ugoos/Nagrace devices are stepped and even underclocked by mo123 - on RK3368 the DDR is clocked 25% lower than all other stock DDR clocks from other devices, despite supposed 'premium' components. Same on RK3288, I don't remember the exact percentage though.

I don't know why they do that, it doesn't make any sense at all on a TV box.

Comment

Who knows but ugoos firmware running at 1.8 and without cooling will fry the mk902ii.... I have great heat sink (lapped and 3 inch case fan glued to bottom with ball bearings for feet so works perfect for this box.... my ut3 no issues at all with fan set med range.

Will be happy to see 7 and chrome os hope even Flint on the 3288 .... but from what ive seen so far thinking mid july late august before even test versions are out as its a total bag of bugs on items Ive seen so far.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
            Who knows but ugoos firmware running at 1.8 and without cooling will fry the mk902ii.... I have great heat sink (lapped and 3 inch case fan glued to bottom with ball bearings for feet so works perfect for this box.... my ut3 no issues at all with fan set med range.

Will be happy to see 7 and chrome os hope even Flint on the 3288 .... but from what ive seen so far thinking mid july late august before even test versions are out as its a total bag of bugs on items Ive seen so far.
            Hi Scooter ,

never saw a Picture of your UT3 Cooling Work , can u upload one to see ???

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Is stock i replace one day with side blow like my Ut3s. Bunch of us get same batch.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Yeah, my first UT3 has that fan. But I backed up factory fan with an overkill mod.
                UT3+ came with blower, like the UT3S. That small UT3 fan does work though.
                I'm thinking about using the little fan on Vim.​​​​​​​​​​​

Comment

Witch one do I dowload there are more than one on the ugoos site ??there are many u3 models

Comment

Only one ut3

Comment

I guess he sees the S/+ and older versions. This should be link. From there, UT3 version 3.0.9. Don't know if scooter2014 did any kernel swapping or other stuff to get it to work on the RKM902II.

Comment

Thank you for the link and yes this is exactly what you see the +/s wen you go to the site so that was my question

Comment

Hello scooter did you swap some kernel or other files to get this ut3 rom working on the rkm 902II and how is the video on this firmware is it runing smooth or is the micro studder stil there ?

Comment

Also I can see on the ugoos site it has a diferent wifi chipset it has wifi a/c and hdmi 1.4 in and out very strange it that works on this box with the RTL8188/AP6210/AP6330 wifi chip.

Comment

Yup but working on mk90211. Had to install fan going to play with swapping out things when time allows. Last firmware it had no WiFi this one no issues 56000 antutu so good to go with fan mod

Comment

Working...
                              X