No announcement yet.

Ugoos ut3 running on rkm902ii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi scooter that is fantastic that it runs so well on the rkm.
    the funny thing is I do not have the RKM 902II but the ugoos cx998 it a rebranded sunchip device that runs very good on the rkm roms it has the same AP 6330 chipset but I think better ram chips than the rkm I do not have to much video problems running on rkm software some times a micro stutter .
    I Just like to get the full power out of the rk 3288 for my 4k panasonic tv I have 2 of them.and an tronsmart telos s905 amlogic running on a minix port that runs so smooth.
    But the T 760mali video chip in this box the ugoos cx 998 must be far more better than the 450mali on the amolgic and the rk3288 is also much fast er than the s905 on antutu it scores 41000 ,
    Way more faster if you say 56000 I wil try it on one of my cx998s thanks for testing this rom again.
    I have learnd so very much from you and the other tweakers here on on freakteab already thank you for your effort here.

Comment

I don't mean to butt in.

FYI Though throuput isn't everything, consider for reference the, almost ten fold, throughput advantage offered by the Mali T760... Under "Find out more" tab, select performance.

Mali 450 also look under performance tab.

Furthermore, consider info under the "Specifications" tabs of each, specifically OpenGL and other API.
      The Mali 450 is one of Mali's Ultra low power GPUs, while the T760 comes from their High Performance line of GPUs.

As stated, numbers don't always tell the whole story, but the difference in throuput is significant.

Comment

Hello scooter had some time to do any moding to the ut3 rom for the rkm 902II or time to test it how it runs on this firmware kodi or video playback ?

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
          I don't mean to butt in.

FYI Though throuput isn't everything, consider for reference the, almost ten fold, throughput advantage offered by the Mali T760... Under "Find out more" tab, select performance.

Mali 450 also look under performance tab.

Furthermore, consider info under the "Specifications" tabs of each, specifically OpenGL and other API.
          The Mali 450 is one of Mali's Ultra low power GPUs, while the T760 comes from their High Performance line of GPUs.

As stated, numbers don't always tell the whole story, but the difference in throuput is significant.
          Hello Riscy dude the malI 450 is a real budget chipset but it pump out hd and 4k video better with the x905 than the Rockchip 3288 in combination mali T760 Rockchip no firmware has fixed the micro studder on the Rk only a 5.1 no 6.0 its a shame it has raw power but not used.

Comment

Ive never seen this video studder but I am not that picky. The firmware runs without mod on 902ii. But you will need a fan as it runs hot.

The 905 905x do Not run faster the the 3288 the gpu can run better and will be interesting to see if Rockchip will get vulcan support for this in new release.... If that is the case a 5 year old chip just became faster better so i am still think 3288 isnt dead like other chipsets have become.

Ill see if hw file for mk902ii can be worked into the ugoos releases.

But long weekend here SUMMER finally.......
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I have the original rkm 902II firmware running on my ugoos just fine But as you say this chip is much more power full than the X905 and S905 series I hope we wil be geting good firmware for it I stil like this box use it every Day
              Last edited by astromar99; 05-21-2017, 05:53.

Comment

Never said 912
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

No you are right I ment the S905 the slow budget X905 chip my mistake.
                  I have the tronsmart telos on the minix port rom and 2x ugoos cx899 that is a sunchip not a real ugoos I think the same as the rkm902II since it runs on that firmware just fine .
                  I wil try this firm ware I am waiting on my smal fan to cool it .
                  Mabey this is the best rom for now for the rk3288 chip it stil is a good box .
                  Last edited by astromar99; 05-21-2017, 05:53.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                    The latest ugoos firmware runs very fast and well on the rkm. I am thinking of digging farther in it to see what else can be adjusted. I modified one box with fan and I would not try without one. Getting 52-53000 in antutu. Everything else working bluetooth network wifi ect.... Interesting so far.
                    Hello !

Yes , it's running , but i have to notice that Acestream+MX player or VLC or any other player besides firmware default video or media player (android default one) isn't work . It just quits immediately after torrent file cache riches 100% and media player intended to start playing . Don't know what's the problem ...It happens also on wasser 4.0.11 and Ugoos 3.10 firmwares . I have flashed this firmwares with loader+parameter+kernel+resource parts from original RKM MK902II firmwares . Kodi or FTMC works well though , but without my favorite MX player or VLC and Acestream for watching tv channels it's questionable benefit to flash this firmware . Thanks anyway for the info !

Comment

No problem but if its happining in other firmware starts to smell like a apk issue not a firmware issue. All of those have player updates and what firmware are you using that does not have this issue. Can look into it further. I dobt use ace streams or torrents but know the issues with those ones.

Anyways.... 7 soon so maybe a fix there for you

Comment

Hi scooter2014 have you had some time to do any more testing on the mk902II on this firmware mabey did some tweak to the ut3 firmware for the your mk902II to make it run better ?
                        Gr Richard.

Comment

Working...
                        X