Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any firmware for RKM V5 supporting 1440p?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any firmware for RKM V5 supporting 1440p?

Hello,
    I have a RKM V5 and just bought Acer Monitor T272HUL touchmonitor supporting WQHD resolution (2550x1440). But i cannot select use this resolution. In Settings -> Display, only the 1920x1020 is the maximum resolution that i can select. It seems that 1440p is not a TV resolution. Do you know of any firmware for the RKMV5 that would support WQHD, or do you know any TV Box/stick with a firmware that supports 1440p?
    Thanks a million.

Originally posted by alan.debale View Post
    Hello,
    I have a RKM V5 and just bought Acer Monitor T272HUL touchmonitor supporting WQHD resolution (2550x1440). But i cannot select use this resolution. In Settings -> Display, only the 1920x1020 is the maximum resolution that i can select. It seems that 1440p is not a TV resolution. Do you know of any firmware for the RKMV5 that would support WQHD, or do you know any TV Box/stick with a firmware that supports 1440p?
    Thanks a million.
    Hi ,

i think not , FullHD shall be the highest Resolution , but further

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hello @alan.debale
      With a Stock Rom, there is no way to get the Resolution you want.
      In the most Rom and Kernel are only Standart TV Resolutions.
      If you need the Full Vesa Resolution you need a Custom Kernel and Rom.

Neomode

Comment

Thanks you guys so much for the quick answers neomode, gefattern ;-) I did a lot of search for the RKM V5 but could not find any custom roms. If you have any hint which model would be compatible, which i could try, it would be great. Thanks again - A.

Comment

Originally posted by alan.debale View Post
          Thanks you guys so much for the quick answers neomode, gefattern ;-) I did a lot of search for the RKM V5 but could not find any custom roms. If you have any hint which model would be compatible, which i could try, it would be great. Thanks again - A.
          Hi ,

if your Wifichip is AP4335 , you can try Ugoos Roms for RK3288 or from here

the Roms of Dev.Mo123 for Nagrace RK3288 , ask for more Info , good luck

gefattern

Comment

I give up on RKM V5. Asked their support about VESA resolutions support and they said they would have to change both hardware and software. So asking the other way round, if you guys know any custom firmware/rom that supports VESA resolutions, could you please let me know? I would buy the corresponding TV box/stick and give this way a try ;-)
            Thanks a lot - A.

Comment

As far as I know there is only one Device that support what you want.

It is the Khadas VIM 2.

Neomode

Comment

Thanks a lot for the hint! I ordered one and will update here. Takes sometime to get from CN ;-)

Comment

You need this Rom for the Custom Resolution.
                  TouchScreen Support is also Build in.

Neomode

Comment

Hi Neomode,
                    i got it today and tried out right away. Unfortunately, with the custom rom you mentioned above, the device still shows only 1080p as max. (my cable is capable of HDMI 2.0). Do i have to tweak something still?
                    Thanks a lot for your help - A.

Comment

You must use tv settings not the normal settings.
                      also use an keyboard and then you can select different resolutions.

Neomode

Comment

Ah, i found it, thanks. However, it seems the max resolution the kernel i could find is “1600x1200p60hz”/“1920x1200p60hz”, but not 1440p. Cant understand why it is so complicated to support different resolutions

Comment

Hello,

It is easy to explain, the Boxes are made for TV.
                          So they support only Standard TV Resolution.
                          Support for normal PC Monitors have to be patched in Kernel and System.
                          Let me try out with my Khadas VIM 2 again.

Neomode
                          Last edited by neomode; 09-22-2018, 10:06.

Comment

Thanks a lot, Neomode .

Comment

Working...
                            X