Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unboxing Andoer CX-998 / RK3288 / aka Ugoos UG-CX-998

Hey guys,

I did a little unboxing video of my Andoer CX-998 / RK3288 / aka Ugoos UG-CX-998 box today.
    Wanted to share that with you.

Have fun. I will upload a detailed walkthrough of the UI and performance later.

Cheers,

Dunhillsmoker

Originally posted by Dunhillsmoker View Post
    Hey guys,

I did a little unboxing video of my Andoer CX-998 / RK3288 / aka Ugoos UG-CX-998 box today.

Cheers,

Dunhillsmoker
    This video is private!!!! Please check the share settings
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
      This video is private!!!! Please check the share settings
      Should be available very soon. Youtube is processing the video right now...
      Sorry for the delay.

Edit: It´s online!

Comment

Should be available very soon. Youtube is processing the video right now...
        Sorry for the delay.

Edit: It´s online!
        Waiting for your full review ha ha
        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Is it possible to use some custom roms like Finless, Wasser with this device?

kindly regards
          renmet

Comment

Originally posted by renmet View Post
            Is it possible to use some custom roms like Finless, Wasser with this device?

kindly regards
            renmet
            Have not found anything except from the official fw dating 09272014.
            I am still searching.
            So far the machine performs pretty well. Have installed Kodi Helix 14 RC2 yesterday.
            Will use the weekend to do some research and try to find a rom update.

One thing I have already noticed that HDMI passthrough (Audio) does not work reliable. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. Have not found a real pattern yet.

The root-tool from this forum worked pretty well. Box is now fully rooted.

Cheers,

Dunhillsmoker

Comment

I am still searching.
              So far the machine performs pretty well. Have installed Kodi Helix 14 RC2 yesterday.

One thing I have already noticed that HDMI passthrough (Audio) does not work reliable. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. Have not found a real pattern yet.

Cheers,

Dunhillsmoker
              is this a new box? seems like old hardware no? Does it come in 4GB RAM configurations?

Comment

Hey guys,

Cheers,

Dunhillsmoker
                I would like to see a review of it in operation.

Thanks
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I am still searching.

Cheers,

Dunhillsmoker
                  Have you tried updating the libstagefright, rklibstagefright, libvpu, and the ffmpeg stuff to the latest versions from a newer ROM like mo123, or from the firefly git hub?

Perhaps that, along with latest SPMC might fix your pass through problems. I know some the fixes are in kernel though (especially for hevc), but still updating libraries and using SPMC might fix most issues.

Cheers,
                  -SB
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
                  Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
                  Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
                  RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
                  ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Hi folks...
                    sorry to answer on an old thread, but I didn´t find anything else to ask for.

I got one of these nice working TV-boxes, but I have may be a very special issue.
                    The box is used in my car as multimedia and navigation unit, mirroring the screen on an AppRadio.
                    So far so good, but I have the problem to download some apps from the GooglePlay, because of an error message, that my device would not be suitable for the apps.
                    The same apps had been installed and worked well on a cheap RK3188 a couple of months ago.

I´m talking about Navigon, HERE, Blitzer.de and a few other apps. Remember:The same apps had been working fine on this cheap, slow stick.

Do you guys have any idea how to get the RK3288 device working with GooglePlay? GPS is injected from my AppRadio and works fine so far, but I really want to get my payed Navigon with online traffic working... :-(

If it would be necessary to edit the build.prop, could you please give me some hints which settings have to be edited and what has to be written in there?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Rigattoni View Post
                      Hi folks...
                      sorry to answer on an old thread, but I didn´t find anything else to ask for.

I got one of these nice working TV-boxes, but I have may be a very special issue.
                      The box is used in my car as multimedia and navigation unit, mirroring the screen on an AppRadio.
                      So far so good, but I have the problem to download some apps from the GooglePlay, because of an error message, that my device would not be suitable for the apps.
                      The same apps had been installed and worked well on a cheap RK3188 a couple of months ago.

I´m talking about Navigon, HERE, Blitzer.de and a few other apps. Remember:The same apps had been working fine on this cheap, slow stick.

Do you guys have any idea how to get the RK3288 device working with GooglePlay? GPS is injected from my AppRadio and works fine so far, but I really want to get my payed Navigon with online traffic working... :-(

If it would be necessary to edit the build.prop, could you please give me some hints which settings have to be edited and what has to be written in there?

Thanks in advance.

Peter
                      I don't own this box. But I have noticed some custom ROMs edit the build.prop to spoof another device for app compatibility. As to how or if it would help, you will need a better helper.

Comment

Thanks for your answer. May be there is one out there, who is able to give a short hint on my issue...

By the way, I searched for any working custom ROMs, but these boxes are not really well supported by the devs I think. :-(

Peter

Edit: Android 4.4 RK3288 Firmware with AP6330 for CX998 has been successfully installed yet.

Comment

If you can get the apk from another source, maybe aptoide as a last resort? If the apps are running but are not connecting to your external GPS then make sure that you have the for setting for mock locations. It is under developer options. Mock locations kind of tricks the software into thinking an external device is at the internal location.

Skip this first part if you already have developer options under settings!

First go into settings, scroll to the bottom, if you see 'developer options', then you can skip this part.
                          If you don't have it then scroll to the bottom and tap 'about tablet'.
                          This will give you various information about your kernel and Android build. You want to tap or click on the build number several times to activate developer mode (in some ROMs it could be the kernel version, I think). If you do the same (tap 3-4x) on your Android version you will get the animated "Easter egg" for your version of Android.

Now that everyone has developer options, go into it and make sure that 'mock locations' is enabled. Most external GPS apps will require this for Bluetooth GPS (possibly others, not just GPS will use mock locations). a restart could be required.

I hope that this helps for the guy with this in his car!
                          Cheers!
                          -SB
                          Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
                          ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Thanks sawbones999
                            External GPs is no problem, I got Navigon and Blitzer.de working.

The box is working nearly perfect with some issues in downloading some apps from the store.
                            I got a workaround to install the app first on my phone and use APKExtractor for saving it on an USB stick.
                            Afterwards I install the app on my TV box in the car. That works so far.

Just now the box is mirrored on my Pioneer AppRadio with ARUnchained. It was a little tricky to adjust the DPI for getting best results in button size and font size, but... got it working...
                            Connection with GPS, WIFI and touch control is fast and reliable. Much more better than connecting any smartphone with MHL.

In some weeks I have some days off and may be I´ll find some time to test the Wasser-ROM.

Comment

There are a couple of xposed modules aimed at getting better compatibility in the play store by feeding a false dpi. I've had very good luck with aptoide as an alternate store. Just be sure that the version of the app which you install has the little green icon on its page which indicates that the apk has been compared to the one in the play store and verified to match (lots of malware out there).

I'm curious, was the issue just not installing the apk from the play store, or did you also have to enable mock locations?

A couple of other ways to get better compatibility in the play store, make sure that your kernel is on release keys rather than test keys. Also, you could copy the build.prop (or portions thereof) fom one of the custom ROMs. These usually spoof something with high compatibility such as a Samsung device or a nexus device.

If you do all the things (false dpi, release keys, and spoofed device) you'll likely get compatibility for just about anything.

GLtools can be used to fix applications which are designed to work with a GPU other than the one in your system. For example a 3D app designed to work with adreno can be changed to mali and greatly improve the graphics quality (or fix app not even running).

Cheers!
                              -SB

Comment

Working...
                              X