Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi SB,

I found a solution for me...
    Just set up what needed on my One M7 and export the app afterwards on a stick.
    Works perfect without any restrictions.

But I have another issue with my box.
    I buyed an external USB sound card and want it to be used for speech input.
    This sound card works perfect at my One M7 with 5.0.2, but i can´t get it working whether on my RK3188 stick nor on my TV box.
    The SC should blink, as it does at my HTC but not on both HDMI targets.

Any idea, why???

Comment

Good that you found a solution for your apps!

It could be that your One M7's kernel includes the driver for the USB audio and the other two devices do not. There may be some play store app which could add this functionality?? I'm just guessing about an app which might help. I will look around and see if I see anything like that.

It could also have something to do with if the usb audio drivers are not being enabled in a boot script or something on the other two devices.

I would try checking dmesg first to see if there are any kernel messages when you insert the device on the ones where it isn't working.

First install a terminal app from play store or an apk. If you don't have a physical keyboard, hacker's keyboard is a good free keyboard app for android (IME) which can be useful with terminal (it will give you all of the missing function keys and such).
      If you don't already have busybox, install that, too, and then run the terminal app. If you get prompted for root grant it.

Insert the USB audio device.

Now at the prompt type dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt (that will pipe the output of dmesg to a file called dmesg.txt in the folder /sdcard).

Use something like ES File Explorer to navigate wherever you had it save the dmesg.txt and open it. Depending on how long your device has been up you may see all of the kernel messages since boot. If it's been up for awhile you will only see the last kernel messages (this will still likely be a lot of messages).

Anyway, you just recently plugged in the usb audio device so the messages you want will be at the bottom. This should give you some more info on what needs to be done next.

If there are no messages regarding inserting a usb device you might need to use something like catlog which can watch all of of the logs in realtime.
      Let me know what it says in dmesg or catlog (copy/paste) and maybe I can help you get it running! You can also duplicate these steps on the HTC One M7 to find out what the messages look like when the driver is loaded properly. Feel free to copy/paste that here as well since it could help.

Cheers!
      -SB
      ---------------------------------------
      Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
      Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
      Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
      RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
      ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help.

In the meantime, I installed SoundAbout pro to my box and with some additional traces the dev found a solution to split Audio out and mic.
        This app is really amazing, because the user is able to choose each different in/out sound to a output you want.
        Since some weeks I got all audio to HDMI and this means it is rooted to my car stereo.

Unfortunately I have some audio leaks when more than MP3 player is working. Therefor I opened a new thread for getting some ideas for buying a better TV box.

I´m not sure if the glitches are hardware related, but if the player is the only working app, the music plays as expected...
        In the moment Navigon is doing it´s work, music is stuttering from time to time.

Once again, thx a lot, I appreciate all your help.

Comment

Working...
        X