Beware of Sunchip !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware of Sunchip !!!

Unfortunately this is my first post here, but you can check my record on one of the biggest Russian computer forums 4PDA and also some record on XDA.

I want to share with you my very unsuccessful experience with that company called Sunchip!

In december 2014 i bought CX-929 RK3288 android stick from them. It arrived pretty fast with DHL and pre-sale communication was also very fast.

In January 2015 i contacted Sunchip to order another unit for my aunt as a gift for her birthday, and again everything was very quick and unit arrived just in time..

Ok, so now the issue. My own unit (the one i bought in late december) just got broken. No signal. it was recognising Ok by PC, i could flash by backup files but it was something hardware related, probably HDMI.

So i contacted Sunchip about my problem, and that where the problems begun.. First of all communication speed has drastically fall. I roughly got replies once in couple of days.. Then, after we agreed that i need to send my unit to them for repair i been asked to cover both shipments to and from Sunchip! In my long years practice with China suppliers this is unusual request, especially when purchase been made just in less than a month prior to warranty cal! Only after my direct email to CEO of sunchip, they accepted one way delivery payment! So i sent my package to china with registered mail on 08.02.2015 and it's arrived in China pretty quick. Unfortunately it fall on New year hollidays in China, so i been forced to wait untill sunchip will back to work on 27.02.2015 as per Mr. Kobe Chen words.. here is the quote :

Hi Jacob,

Well noted, we are on Chinese new year holidays and will be back to office on Feb 27th, we will inform you when we receive the package.
    Thanks.

Regards,
    Kobe

发件人: Jacob
    发送时间: 2015-02-17 01:14:13
    收件人: 'Kobe Chen'
    抄送: [email protected]
    主题: RE: RE: dissapointed customer
    Dear Mr.Kobe,

It looks like my package should be with you soon ( http://track-chinapost.com/ ):

Cheers,
    Jacob
    I don't like to push on people so i waited patiently even untill 03.03.2015, but because nobody contacted me, i asked Sunchip if there is any update ?

Hi Jacob,

Sorry, we haven't received the parcel now, I checked the status from the website as below, there was no any updates from FEB.22, it seems that we need to go to the post office to check further.
    I'll update to you once available.

B.rgds

Rachel Chen

发件人: Jacob
    发送时间: 2015-03-03 16:29
    收件人: 'Kobe Chen'
    抄送: [email protected]
    主题: RE: RE: RE: dissapointed customer
    Hello Mr. Kobe,

Can you give me please any update on my unit ?

Thanks,

Jacob
    That was the last email i got from Sunchip!!! Since then i didn't received anything from Sunchip.

See below my last couple of emails that not received any attention even though they was sent directly to CEO and to Sales manager :

Dear Mr. Aigo Xu , Mr. Kobe Chen,

Unfortunately it’s more than a month now since I wrote you my mail. I already sent my package and it’s arrived in China on 24.02.2015.

I am aware your company was on new year holidays until 27.02, but why we are now on 12.03.2015, 2 weeks after you fully back to work and nobody care to go to the office and collect my package ??

Please see below Rachel’s answer I received on 03.03.2015 :

Hi Jacob,

Sorry, we haven't received the parcel now, I checked the status from the website as below, there was no any updates from FEB.22, it seems that we need to go to the post office to check further.
    I'll update to you once available.

It’s just unbelievable…

Jacob
    last one today (17.03.2015), but i already lost my hope :

Dear Mr. Aigo Xu , Mr. Kobe Chen,

Can you please respond to my email ?

Many thanks,

Jacob
    So i paid 95$ to this company for the stick and 10$ for the repair shipment and i have nothing for now and it doesn't looks like they even care to wrote me couple of words.

So If you read this - Mr. Kobe, Mr. Aigo Xu or Mrs. Rachel, you can keep this unit with yourselves and save couple of bucks as you probably decided to do. I just hope that this message will be read by people who maybe thought to buy something from you and it will help them to save few bucks too...

Thank you for reading.

* For forum moderators. If i posted my message in wrong place please move it to correct one as it's important to make people aware about such cases. I can send all my conversations as a proof by request.
    Last edited by 7eva; 03-23-2015, 07:55. Reason: company name in title Suchip->Sunchip

Where is the post from your original purchase about how great they are? I can't read Russian.
    Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
      Where is the post from your original purchase about how great they are? I can't read Russian.
      I appreciate your ironic reply. Believe that i could do it, but what can i do if even my support question that i asked them after purchase about UI was just kindly "denied" by saying we will look into it in the next software releases which just never happened.. And you know about what i asked? How to show navigation bar, that they disabled by default.. The issue i solved in 5 minutes after reading online and enabling it back in build.prop

I don't wanted to write about it cause it's different story, but thanks for asking !
      Last edited by 7eva; 03-18-2015, 06:01.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I've been thinking about ordering some things from China but, after seeing several horror stories such as yours It's made me very weary and I probably won't get anything from China directly.

Comment

Originally posted by thekider View Post
          Thanks for sharing. I've been thinking about ordering some things from China but, after seeing several horror stories such as yours It's made me very weary and I probably won't get anything from China directly.
          Please don't make such conclusion because this story is just maybe my second bad experience with China suppliers over more than 8-9 years of ordering different things from there.
          Just look for rating, reviews, YouTube channels and all should be fine.

Sunchip experience was a biggest surprise for me because prior to purchase I seen posts about their devises here (just reviews tho) and viewed some videos (by them) on youtube, so i couldn't imagine I will fall with them.

Comment

Originally posted by thekider View Post
            You should also be aware that as I pointed out, for the two good experiences and one bad experience they posted only about the bad one. I love reading reviews, because many times the 1-star reviews will start with how happy they were with something for long time, but now that they have a problem, here come the bad reviews. Many times it is because of some mistake or failing on their part, although maybe not in this particular case.
            Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
            I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
            RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Purchasing tech from China has and continues to be a roll the dice situation.

It's not uncommon for support from both vendors and suppliers to be variable and returns can be a nightmare.

So always be prepared to expect that it may not always be the bargain that you first thought and never believe that products will work out of the box as the advertising would have you believe.

Sometimes the saying that you get what you pay for can be true when it comes to products from China.
              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by 7eva View Post

I appreciate your ironic reply. Believe that i could do it, but what can i do if even my support question that i asked them after purchase about UI was just kindly "denied" by saying we will look into it in the next software releases which just never happened.. And you know about what i asked? How to show navigation bar, that they disabled by default.. The issue i solved in 5 minutes after reading online and enabling it back in build.prop

I don't wanted to write about it cause it's different story, but thanks for asking !
                I think they fixed this problem with system bar time ago. They focused on the SunUI launcher (clearly not good for a stick) and hidden the bar. I told them from begining...

There is a big communication problem, so they release new firmwares but without any notification to the users.

I hope can upload a Z5C new firmware soon, with system bar, Android Launcher and some old problems fixed.
                Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Why even bother with these types of devices any more now that the firetv and similar products out that not one of these devices come close to in specs?? plus better support and rma doesn't take 6 months .
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

[QUOTE=7eva post#3

I don't wanted to write about it cause it's different story, but thanks for asking ![/QUOTE]

************************************************** ****************

Alô 7eva (your question ahead)
                    If you can tell me how you created a Navigation bar in your device .. i thanks!!

Because i need help to get in my Cx929 RK3288 Android 4.4.2 Boxtv (KitKat) the navigation bar with the conventional buttons (back + home + recent). This version (Cx929 of Sunchip-teck not rootead) only includes the 2 top slice menus. (see attached jpg) is it possible to somehow set up in menus
                    (original) of the box the appearance of this bottom-Navigation bar? this is na issue from Sunchip-teck ??

or in these systems only work with installing one of the APPs available MarketPlay for KitKats not-rooted , to have those buttons/"handysoftkeys"-"kitkat launcher"-"Xtend navbar" etç.??

Comment

Yes, i did a root first, then edited build.prop to show the navigation bar. Root process is very simple with Kingo Root.

The line you need to add in build.prop is : qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Comment

Originally posted by 7eva View Post
                        Yes, i did a root first, then edited build.prop to show the navigation bar. Root process is very simple with Kingo Root.

The line you need to add in build.prop is : qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
                        Thanks for sharing..
                        Back with an4.2 you could enable/disable statusbar with a single click (using xda app)
                        I miss that option.. on an4.4 and higher
                        Anyone know? Howto make a hotkey..on the remote to toggle Between running apps)
                        -then the statusbar is less important
                        Just a thought
                        Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X