Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't turn on CX-998S after new rom flash

Hi,

I recently bought a Zeuss RK3288 (http://www.zeuss.nl/index.php?id_pro...roller=product ), it's basically a sunchip CX-998S rebrand. You can see the mainboard in the picture

As the ethernet connection wouldn't work i decided to flash it with another firmware.

I thought that the Ugoos CX-998 would be compatible.

I flashed withouth any incidents. and the RKbatch tool anounced a succes.

After that everything was flashed on the device I wasn't able to power it on anymore. I just don't know what to do.

Is it bricked? or is it just the remote that isn't compatible to switch it on? As I can't switch it on I doesn't recognize the device on the Rkbatch tool.

Do I have to flash it with the Nand? how? where?

Please someone help, thx!

Attached Files
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

top right see the dot on the nan chip thats one short pins 7/8 and boot into mask flash mode. ricomagic mk90211 rom works and blue line all the roms in the htc section that tested should work on this board.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thanks for your quick answer! I'll test it tomorrow, can you pinpoint it on the picture? I don't really see where the 7th and 8th pins are...

I'll be able to boot into mask mode just by shorting the pins without powering it on?

edit: Ok apparently I have the same problem as this guy http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...go-CR12-13-16=

I'll try that tomorrow and keep you posted it, thanx!!

Comment

If the remote not working AND you have no power-on button at the device, then you can try to connect the otg to pc (I'm using a powered usb-hub) before you plug in the psu... but I have to say that I only know that this will work at the netxeon pcb with the microUSB port (there the device will automaticlly boots at this setting (also at my old rk3188)) and I never tried it at a device where the OTG is a normal full-size USB-port...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Ok I got it in Loader mode with that other tool you suggested in the other thread. (RkandroidTool 2.3)
          The psu was in, as my male to male full size USB cable in my pc and the unit.

I had to short the NAND chip, I tried all pins, I think the right ones were on the left side on the NAND chip (on my pic) the 7-8th (no sure) I had to try a couple for a while and I was about to give up.

After that I was able to flash the Wasser 2.05 HTC firmware. It booted, and power led went to red. (instead of blue when booted)
          Remote doesn't work, so I have to pull the psu to keep it off. When I put in back in in boots again. I could navigate through menus with an USB keyboard.
          The thing is that I can't get the thing in recovery anymore. When I pull the plug the "USB connect to pc" options resets. And it doesn't get recognized by the RkandroidTool, even if windows pops a sound when connected.
          Would a reboot app help? some app that helps rebooting to recovery, does tha texist?

I think I'll put the standard firmware on it and cope with the ethernet not working untill hopefully an official Android 5.0 firmware comes out and fixes the issue

Comment

1. bootloader and android (ADB) needing two different drivers at windows...
            2. http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...50-Reboot-App=
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

That Reboot App did it by rebooting in Bootloader mode. I was able to put the recovery rom from Zeuss and everything is back to normal. (with the ethernet not working but I can live with that after a bricked box)

Thank you both for your help!

Comment

Working...
              X