Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX-998C, what roms are compatibles ?

Hi everyone,

I've purchased few days ago a tv box CX-998C (Sunship box I think but not totally sure)
    China-1 Stock | Buy CX-998C RK3288 Quad Core 1.8GHz Android 4.4 Mini TV Box HDMI 2.0 HDD Player 2G/16G 2.4G/5G WIFI DLNA XBMC Bluetooth 4.0 OTG Miracast - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

I've been seeking informations about this box but it's so hard to find something.

I'd like to know what roms are compatible with this one. I'm scared to brick the box.

Thanks for your help.

same order item, do not try http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ased-20141121/ as it's made my unit bricked.

Comment

I don't believe it's possible to brick a Rockchip device if you flash Rockchip firmware. Try the Neomode Source ROM and RKM V5 Lollipop Beta on it if the stock ROM is available. It probably will work.

That is, as long as you aren't messing with the bootloader.
      Last edited by budgetgeek; 12-23-2015, 04:33. Reason: Exception
      Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
      I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
      RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

It's was not totally brick but not connect to Rockchip BatchTool v1.7
        Just new for here, and now I can connect to the unit with AndroidTool 2.3 now just success to flash wasser2_0_5_HTC.zip.

Downloading RKM V5 Lollipop Beta

Comment

CX998C work well with RKM v5 lollipop beta.
          Neomode Source Rom - Android 5.1.1 - MK902II and RKM V5

Still question to me this stock does not work. After flash this it reboot and dead. http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ased-20141121/

Ir remote control never work.

Comment

Hello I Just flashed http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...t-for-htc-3288 and al that is good works I have the CX 998c and also the older 998 NETFLIX works very good now kodi works very good ever thing works .
            Just use the normal rockchip flash tool and select img and flash the thing and al is good its a ugoos u3 ported to the CX998.

Comment

Hello!
              Does any body knows what is the default rom to use, since I need to use the remote control?
              Also, what is the difference between 998 and 998c can I use all 998 roms on a 998c?

Thanks

Comment

Can anyone post the original rom for this device?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dproductionz View Post
                  Can anyone post the original rom for this device?

Many thanks
                  Hi, glad to share CX-998 and CX-998C TV box latest firmware, please check below information: Download link: CX-998 CX-998C TV BOX FIRMWARE Flash Tool: Rockchip BatchTool v1.7 Password: geekbuying.com Flash method: 1, Open the “RKBatchTool.exe” in the BatchTool file, on the top, you will see a “FW Path”, click the button on the right side, and […]

Comment

This one is the best rom I have ever used on the c998 and cx998c video's on kodi run like a dream also mx player runs smooth only spdif passthrough is not working right now this rom is rooted and fast its a RKM stock rom I hope soms one wil make a custom out of this one.

Comment

Does it have unified storage or partitioned? If partitioned, how much app space available?

EDIT: Flashed it and it's 2.5 GB, so this is pretty great for 8GB and 16GB devices. Fiddling with it now.
                      Last edited by budgetgeek; 03-25-2016, 12:08.
                      Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
                      I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
                      RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X