Rikomagic RKM lollipop rom works on sunchip device's with wifi chip ap6330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rikomagic RKM lollipop rom works on sunchip device's with wifi chip ap6330

Hi guys the New stock Rikomagic lollipop rom will work on sunchip box with wifichip ap63030 I use it on 2 ugoos CX998 and CX998c android boxes and they run like a dream and do not get very hot good video playback with Kodi or MX player.
    Good and fast Netflix video rendering no jaggies no judders good fast ethernet wifi and bluetooth remote works some buttons work soms don't.
    Firmware is rooted.
    Not working spdif pastrough and AC3 DTS.

Yes tried out and works great on my Andoer CX998 box.

For luck there aree no glitches in MP3 at all, no stuttering even while downloading huge files. I´m really impressed.
    On top, the box shuts off instead the original ROM where the box always restarted instead.

What I can say is, that the boot time is doubled. The box needs a bit more than a minute to see the main screen.

Comment

I use it on mk903v but had freeze problem when disabling nav bar using build prop. Used full!screen instead. netflix, hulu plus, pbs kids, rovio toons tv, crackle and kodi all work fine.
      Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
      I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
      RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

I have a strange glitch wifi stoped working on my cx998 but not on the cx998c ? Ethernet and bluetooth works gigabit speed works.
        also spdif pastrough does not work not with mx player or kodi netflix runs very good very happy with this rom.
        Last edited by astromar99; 04-04-2016, 14:50.

Comment

Just one question on the combination of Andoer CX-998 and the RKM rom:
          Is there any chance to switch the device to something like a sleep mode?
          As far as I could see is, that the device always has a red LED instead of switching from blue to red, when the HDMI disconnects.
          I need a sleep mode to get the power consumption down in my car setup.

Could I please get some help?

Comment

Hello Rigattoni I do not use the standby this rom is not from the cx998 it Just works on it it is from RKM so if you want standby than maybe you have to use your original firmware for the c998 you can find it on the geekbuying firmware page it is kitkat you get the blue light back and standby.
            but no lollipop

Comment

If you split up wasser or moe123 rom will work just swap out kernel /resource and loader from original lp rom for you device flash everything else from thier rom
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Oké but this rom is an img file how do you un pack this rom to switch the kernel and loader .
                the cx998 does not have a lp rom it is a sunchip device so 0 SUPPORT

Comment

Use rk 2.3 tools to unpack then move and unpack next one.
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Yes but can u use the kitkat rom from the x998 and flash that kernel and loader

Comment

Comment

That is not wat I want to now I mean rigattoni needs this rom to work with the cx998 that box dos not have a lollipop rom so can you use the rkm rom and the kitkat kernel and loader to have standby

Comment

Thanks folks,
                          I will give it a try.

Comment

Okay gents,

sorry for may be stupid questions, but I never grabbed different parts of different ROM´s together, so before running into any issues I have just some additional questions:

Exactly which parts of the original 4.4-ROM do I need to flash?

Just Boot.img and Kernel.img?

Thanks...

Comment

You cant flash Kitkat to lollipop. You need a lollipop kernel for your device. Flash kernel/loader/resource from your device rom and everything else from the other once unpacked.

Comment

Working...
                              X