Rikomagic RKM lollipop rom works on sunchip device's with wifi chip ap6330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, think I got it...
    That means I need to downgrade to get the standby back.
    There is no lollipop kernel for my box, so there will be no chance right now.

Seems that I have to buy a new one or let it as is and cut off the power of the box at ignition off.

Thanks so far.

Comment

You can try flashing with just the loader and resource and mayby misc files.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Will try this weekend. Just now I need my unit for navigation in my car.

Comment

No did not really work.

Just now I decided to buy a new TV box, no stick. Should have WiFi, BT 4.0, real sleep mode, SD-Card slot, mic in, and at least 2 USB 2.0 and OTG.
          The box will be mounted in the glove box of my car as car PC.
          Quick boot would be nice, but not necessary if there is a real sleep/stand by mode available.
          I think that needs some searching....
          If you guys have an idea, I would appreciate any help.
          Last edited by Rigattoni; 06-01-2016, 20:28.

Comment

Wy don't you try the cx998 kitkat rom I think it has sleep mode you can try it geekbuing has a firmware page you can find it there I was on that rom for a longbtime it is very stable.
            Gr Richard. Or try the wasser htc rom for sunchip.

Comment

I tried both and the result was not really usable.
              The original kk rom from geekbuying had bad MP3 stuttering and this was not really fixed while using the wasser 2.0.5 rom. Still glitches and stuttering after a while when using CPU intensive navigation software, BT, WiFi and of course injected GPS data.

On top there were a lot of app restrictions, gone after updating on LP. Unfortunately, UGOOS is not interested in providing an upgrade for OEM parts.
              Not an easy decision which new box to buy....

Comment

Originally posted by Rigattoni View Post
                The original kk rom from geekbuying had bad MP3 stuttering and this was not really fixed while using the wasser 2.0.5 rom. Still glitches and stuttering after a while when using CPU intensive navigation software, BT, WiFi and of course injected GPS data.

On top there were a lot of app restrictions, gone after updating on LP. Unfortunately, UGOOS is not interested in providing an upgrade for OEM parts.
                You are using Rikomagic firmware but you talk about Ugoos not providing an upgrade, I don't understand.
                Ugoos just released new Lollipop firmware a few days ago.

Comment

Hello mo123, I think he speaks of Ugoos OEM devices, not Ugoos branded devices.
                  Cheers.

Comment

Do you mean Ugoos OEM devices?
                    What device do you mean?
                    I'm sure Ugoos and Ava will be able to help you if it is one of their devices.

Comment

Okay, sorry folks for my bad posting which leaded to some misunderstandings... My fault...

To clarify:
                      The Andoer CX-998 is an OEM product of UGOOS, assembled or selled to/for different distributors.
                      I asked Ugoos if it would be possible to get a LP version for my CX-998, but they sent me to the 4.4.2 version stored in their data base.
                      Andoer is not reachable, the related email contact sends a "not reachable" mail.

Ugoos has exact this box in their list: http://ugoos.net/ugoos-oem?product_id=121 but only with Android 4.4. To get my stuff working, I need at least 5.0. That´s the most important point for me.
                      If a new working firmware has no Standby... I could live with it. It´s just a matter of booting time, nothing else.

Comment

Okay, sorry folks for my bad posting which leaded to some misunderstandings... My fault...

To clarify:
                        The Andoer CX-998 is an OEM product of UGOOS, assembled or selled to/for different distributors.
                        I asked Ugoos if it would be possible to get a LP version for my CX-998, but they sent me to the 4.4.2 version stored in their data base.
                        Andoer is not reachable, the related email contact sends a "not reachable" mail.

Ugoos has exact this box in their list: http://ugoos.net/ugoos-oem?product_id=121 but only with Android 4.4. To get my stuff working, I need at least 5.0. That´s the most important point for me.
                        If a new working firmware has no Standby... I could live with it. It´s just a matter of booting time, nothing else.

RKM LP firmware is the best bet as it has the same wifi chip.
                        You can also try Ugoos UT3 firmware with RKM kernel + resource.img and see if it boots.

The thing with OEM products are, the other manufacturers that want to resell it have to develop their own support, hardware improvements and provide their own firmware updates.
                        Ugoos only provides the hardware. When the box was released there was only KitKat firmware available and resellers didn't think long-term for future Android versions.
                        All the resellers now don't have their own engineers to build firmware updates and rather just stop selling the device and move on to a next one.
                        It then also doesn't make sense to develop and spend money on Lollipop if no distributors are selling it any more or are willing to pay for it.
                        That's just how I think it works.

Comment

mo123
                          Thanks mo123, I just grabbed the box out of my car and will try to setup the combination.
                          Hopefully that works.

Folks, I appreciate your great support. Thanks a lot!

Edit:

I just tried first to setup UGOOS_UT3_V3.0.4 and holy cow, the system is stable. Better than the RKM I think. Could be just a personal feeling...
                          WiFi, BT working quick and stable in the moment.
                          DPI usable at 400dpi.

Just 1 USB is a bit unstable, but that´s not really a pain.

Now installing my tools and needed apps. Fully market compatible without any build.prop changes ( Just qemu.hw,mainkeys=1 setting and the adapted density settings).

Folks, I raise my hat to you guys. Thanks a lot!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Rigattoni; 06-02-2016, 20:24.

Comment

Rigattoni, did you use the UGOOS_UT3 rom as it is, or did you change kernel + resource as moe123 suggested ?

Comment

Rigattoni Ugoos has many nice touches in their F/W under Ugoos Settings.
                              Have fun.

Comment

bluehunt I used the Ugoos UT3 as is. No changes done before.... Thought as try if it works and it does...

RISCy Dude Yup seen those settings, but only RAM CPU usage and root is usable. No temperature and of course no fan settings.

Comment

Working...
                                X