Color Black
    Operating System Google Android 4.4, Support OTA function
    CPU Brands Rockchip
    CPU Model RK3288 2.0GHz (Cortex-A17)
    CPU Cores Quad-core
    GPU Quad Core Mali-T764 GPU
    Memory DDR3 4GB
    Internal Storage Onboard Nandflash 32G
    Expand Memory Micro SD Card (Maximum support 32GB)
    Antenna External wifi antenna
    Ethernet 10/100M/1000M LAN
    Wifi Connectivity IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4GHz/5.8GHz
    Camera N/A
    Bluetooth BT 4.0
    3G N/A
    Video Supported Support 2160P muti-format video decode, H.265, 4K*2K
    Audio Supported Support: MP3/WMA/APE/FLAC/AAC/OGG/AC3/WAV
    Picture Support: Max.8000x8000 JPEG /BMP /GIF /PNG
    HDMI Port Standard HDMI A Type out
    HDMI Version 2.0
    Additional Function 1 x IR Sensor
    Other Interface 1 x Blue power LED
    1 x Power Button
    1 x Update Button(via one pin hole)
    3 x Standard USB
    1 x Micro USB with OTG
    1 x DC in Jack
    1 x S/SPDIF (2CH, 5.1CH)
    1 x RJ45
    1 x Micro SD card slot
    1 x AV Jack

Pro & Meta
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Where did you get these Telos specs from? What caught my eye is [email protected], while rockchip advertises it as up to 1.8ghz? Will it be factory overclocked and do you maybe know will it have some extra cooling for the cpu, as heat will certainly be an issue without a proper cooling? I just hope they don't install some noisy cooler...

ps. and if tronsmart is reading this, one usb3.0 would be awsome! That's the only thing this box misses.
      Last edited by Guest; 08-30-2014, 09:09. Reason: addendum

Comment

Originally posted by Burs View Post
        Where did you get these Telos specs from? What caught my eye is [email protected], while rockchip advertises it as up to 1.8ghz? Will it be factory overclocked and do you maybe know will it have some extra cooling for the cpu, as heat will certainly be an issue without a proper cooling? I just hope they don't install some noisy cooler...
        +1

ps. and if tronsmart is reading this, one usb3.0 would be awsome! That's the only thing this box misses.
        The USB ports exist at the SoC and are USB2.0 so I think USB3.0 will never be available at RK3288 devices ...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

There are people interested in performance which means a proper thermally controlled heatsink and fan to run the box at at full high speed under high stress for hours without issue. These units do not have to be real loud but they must work. Other models are available for people worried about sound. The xbox 360 slim I use as an extender/streamer is a prime example. Sorry, but I am sick of these types of boxes overheating and locking up because people complain that when they turn off everything in the house, they can hear the fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Haba View Post
            ... when they turn off everything in the house, they can hear the fan.
            What a surprise ... A real real-life test...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by Haba View Post
              There are people interested in performance which means a proper thermally controlled heatsink and fan to run the box at at full high speed under high stress for hours without issue. These units do not have to be real loud but they must work. Other models are available for people worried about sound. The xbox 360 slim I use as an extender/streamer is a prime example. Sorry, but I am sick of these types of boxes overheating and locking up because people complain that when they turn off everything in the house, they can hear the fan.
              I am one that does NOT want a fan of any kind in my entertainment equipment. Granted, my Tronsmart Vega S89H suffers from the heat dissipation problem, after awhile of watching a video, the temp climbs to 80C and then when the cpu starts throttling, the video goes into slow motion, very annoying. For this box to be perfect, I am thinking about adding a cooling fan.

On the other hand, my Beelink R89 is working perfectly without any heat dissipation problems at all. From my experience using these boxes almost everything can be optimized for performance, except the heat dissipation problem.

Also, my ADT-1 from Google is a very compact box compared to my other boxes and it does get warmer than my R89, but does not exhibit any symptoms related to lack of heat dissipation.

One last comment, All these tier one smart phones are very powerfull and extremely compact, but do not have any heat dissipation issues that I am aware of. How do they do it?

Just my thoughts
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I want to see vent holes in the top of any box.

Heat rises, so it is the most logical place to put some.
                R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Next week I will drill some tiny holes in the top of My Tronsmart Vega S89H box to see if it helps. There are tiny holes on the bottom that only cover about 1 inch by 1 inch, which I assume it is under the cpu. Now I will have to think about where to add the holes on the top of the box. Should they be directly over the top of the cpu, or the opposide of the cpu. I would assume the holes would be to create a flow of air from inside the box, but have to think about the convection flow. I would also think that the total amount of holes on the top should be similar to the holes on the botton.
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                    Next week I will drill some tiny holes in the top of My Tronsmart Vega S89H box to see if it helps. There are tiny holes on the bottom that only cover about 1 inch by 1 inch, which I assume it is under the cpu. Now I will have to think about where to add the holes on the top of the box. Should they be directly over the top of the cpu, or the opposide of the cpu. I would assume the holes would be to create a flow of air from inside the box, but have to think about the convection flow. I would also think that the total amount of holes on the top should be similar to the holes on the botton.
                    This is what manufacturers are expecting from us, geek users: an idea how to best implement the cooling solution Why spend money for researching, when others can do it for you - for free

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

You know why they don't want to do so?
                      I think they are afraid liquid which can damage the device
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

You should look at the post below how to make very beautiful airflow hole on the top of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by ssspacman View Post
                          You should look at the post below how to make very beautiful airflow hole on the top of the box.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post188283
                          Yes, I saw that, and it is a fantastic job.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                            You know why they don't want to do so?
                            I think they are afraid liquid which can damage the device
                            That would not be an unreasonable thing to take into consideration when designing but I guess with all the external connectivity, those spilling their pints would likely short out a few things at the same time and might even gain an afro haircut for free

Comment

Yes, I saw that, and it is a fantastic job.
                              I agree, really cool look.

If I was self modding the top of my case with basic skills, I would likely cut in or drill vents at a slight angle as I guess that dust is the other potential thing that can get in the box apart from no spam spilling his pint.

Comment

Working...
                              X