Orion R28 Meta discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orion R28 Meta discussion

With the presale boxes being sent out in the next few days I thought it might be appropriate to have a discussion area for each of the two boxes for users to share some general thoughts.

As has happened with the Beelink R89, it might also be useful to have the same additional feedback category threads.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
    With the presale boxes being sent out in the next few days I thought it might be appropriate to have a discussion area for each of the two boxes for users to share some general thoughts.

As has happened with the Beelink R89, it might also be useful to have the same additional feedback category threads.
    Good idea bluesmanuk, mine is being posted out on the 3rd, let the fun begin
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
      Good idea bluesmanuk, mine is being posted out on the 3rd, let the fun begin
      Same dispatch date for me, although I've gone for the snail mail route as I don't want extortionate DHL charges.

We should get together for a pint sometime to compare notes as we are in the same vicinity.

Comment

Same dispatch date for me, although I've gone for the snail mail route as I don't want extortionate DHL charges.

We should get together for a pint sometime to compare notes as we are in the same vicinity.
        Ha ha the snail mail route, what am i laughing at i also went for the snail mail lol Do you think we are just being tight?..its not that slow rely normaly between 1 to 2 weeks (touch wood) anything to avoid HMRC! I got stung by fed ex import charges a few months ago £14.84 for a beelink M8 i won as a prize.

Comment

Ha ha the snail mail route, what am i laughing at i also went for the snail mail lol Do you think we are just being tight?..its not that slow rely normaly between 1 to 2 weeks (touch wood) anything to avoid HMRC! I got stung by fed ex import charges a few months ago £14.84 for a beelink M8 i won as a prize.
          I'm sure that you didn't complain too much though for a freebie lol

I've yet to order anything from China that didn't take 30 days, although that was always with China post.

Mind you, I've yet to incur any charges and I think Royal Mail only charge £8 when there are any.

Comment

I'm sure that you didn't complain too much though for a freebie lol

I've yet to order anything from China that didn't take 30 days, although that was always with China post.

Mind you, I've yet to incur any charges and I think Royal Mail only charge £8 when there are any.
            Well im british so had to have a little moan but there was still smile on my face lol.I never use DHL or fed ex.normaly snail mail or EMS.
            I hope one day geekbuying will get tv box's & phones in there UK Warehouse so we don't have to duck & dive past HMRC

Comment

I hope one day geekbuying will get tv box's & phones in there UK Warehouse so we don't have to duck & dive past HMRC
              If they did that then the price would have to include full duty + VAT so you'd just buy from a different Chinese retailer?

Comment

Originally posted by nowthenagainagain View Post
                If they did that then the price would have to include full duty + VAT so you'd just buy from a different Chinese retailer?
                But you would also get full EU buyer protection.

Some of the charges being levied by DHL for express delivery from China are sometimes already such that it pays for the duty and VAT.

Comment

Boxes are now being shipped, so there should be a scurry of activity soon.

Comment

I bought the Pro model on the 28th Aug it was shipped on the 6th Sept and received it today for the DHL charge of USD 5.65 to Cyprus. Actually it was shipped via TNT, but not bad Geekbuying, as I also did not get charged the import duties.

The Courier Service shipment is far better than China Post which is normally 30 days plus. Also the import Duty is then levied against the Invoice price including freight at a further 19% .

Well done to Geekbuying, will certainly use them again if the product is satisfactory.

Comment

I don't want to be a spoilsport, but if I remember correctly, at Germany you will later get a letter with tax/duty you have to pay....
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                        I don't want to be a spoilsport, but if I remember correctly, at Germany you will later get a letter with tax/duty you have to pay....
                        Fingers crossed Cyprus is not so organised!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffben View Post
                          Fingers crossed Cyprus is not so organised!!
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                            Mate, you should live here in Australia where you can import almost anything tax free if it is below AU$1000 excluding freight. It is excellent and explains why we privately import so much as this avoids the sometimes unexplainable high markups by multinational companies and our retailers, can be up to 300% over US.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffben View Post
                              I bought the Pro model on the 28th Aug it was shipped on the 6th Sept and received it today for the DHL charge of USD 5.65 to Cyprus. Actually it was shipped via TNT, but not bad Geekbuying, as I also did not get charged the import duties.

The Courier Service shipment is far better than China Post which is normally 30 days plus. Also the import Duty is then levied against the Invoice price including freight at a further 19% .

Well done to Geekbuying, will certainly use them again if the product is satisfactory.
                              You are lucky!!I paid for my order of a s802,mx2 and mk808b from Geekbuying on the 19th August with 7-15 shipping. I'm still waiting.Cant wait to see more details on the RK3288 devices but think I will try Aliexpress next time...

Comment

Working...
                              X