Samsung TV not recognizing R28 via HMDI- SOLVED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung TV not recognizing R28 via HMDI- SOLVED

Hello. I was sent here by a guy over at xda. He thought I may find some help over here. I just received the R28 I purchased from Geekbuying.com. I am having issues with my Samsung Smart TV (model un7250) not recognizing the R28 meta. I have tried all of the HDMI ports, and none of them recognize it. I get a black screen and the TV says there is no source. These ports are confirmed working with other devices. I also have a Toshiba TV, which is able to recognize the R28 no problems. Does anyone know why the Samsung TV isn't able to recognize the R28? Very fruterating as I want it on the Samsung and not the Toshiba. I was informed on xda that this is a beta versionot which I didn't realize when I purchased it. Thanks!
    Last edited by htcuser8740; 11-27-2014, 03:41. Reason: Solved

I reported these problems with RK3288 devices time ago.

Fixed now for ZERO Devices Z5C (check page 19) but I also found a similar problem with Beelink R89 (same motherboard than your R28).

Also this device sometimes can not remember the configuration. I don't know the specifications from your TV, but you can try as follow:

- Place both TVs in the same place
    - Connect the box to the one is working well (Toshiba)
    - Navigate to Settings > Display > HDMI Mode
    - Choose 1080p-60Hz (if supported by this TV), make a change
    - Without powering off (the box) unplug the HDMI from the TV and plug in in to Samsung TV
    - Hope, it's working now, navigate to Settings > Display > HDMI Mode and choose the best configuration for you

Let me know if ok. Netxeon's hardware engineer told me will come to our office this week and check this problem with our Samsung UHD TV. Some RK3288 already fixed this problem.
    Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

I can't find un7250 but I can find HU7250 (UN..HU7250.... http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN65HU7250FXZA).
      I find out HDMI 2.0 .

- Do you also try to use another HDMI cable (not the stock one)?
      - I also read about DTS, is it able to disable it at the TV (because at the moment there are some problems with path-through)?
      - Try to disable every picture post processing futures at the TV???
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Last but not least be sure to be at the latest FW (110k4)...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I also did not find info about that TV, but it is probably a hardware and software problem there with the 4K detection.

Comment

Maybe a solution which I found at another forum and seens to be more the TV than the box:
            I was able to get it to work with the Samsung UN50HU6950. It initially didn't, but it worked once I toggled the UHD color inside the TV options menu
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
              I reported these problems with RK3288 devices time ago.

Fixed now for ZERO Devices Z5C (check page 19) but I also found a similar problem with Beelink R89 (same motherboard than your R28).

Also this device sometimes can not remember the configuration. I don't know the specifications from your TV, but you can try as follow:

- Place both TVs in the same place
              - Connect the box to the one is working well (Toshiba)
              - Navigate to Settings > Display > HDMI Mode
              - Choose 1080p-60Hz (if supported by this TV), make a change
              - Without powering off (the box) unplug the HDMI from the TV and plug in in to Samsung TV
              - Hope, it's working now, navigate to Settings > Display > HDMI Mode and choose the best configuration for you

Let me know if ok. Netxeon's hardware engineer told me will come to our office this week and check this problem with our Samsung UHD TV. Some RK3288 already fixed this problem.
              This worked! Thank you so much. Nothing like unhooking a 60 some pound Toshiba and lugging it around. I found the solution to my problem in a different forum that doesn't involve having to move TVs around. In setting Picture > Picture Options > HDMI UHD Color > Slect whatever HDMI port your box is using > Follow onscreen instructions. Done!

Comment

Originally posted by htcuser8740 View Post
                This worked! Thank you so much. Nothing like unhooking a 60 some pound Toshiba and lugging it around. I found the solution to my problem in a different forum that doesn't involve having to move TVs around. In setting Picture > Picture Options > HDMI UHD Color > Slect whatever HDMI port your box is using > Follow onscreen instructions. Done!
                I don't know your TVs, I have a 15" small TV and it's very easy to do. Also it must be configured 1 time, after that no more problems there except if you back to "factory settings".

The problem anyway is from the box, not from the TV. That is why some factories are working on it yet, and anothers already fixed this.

Comment

has anyone found a solution for this?
                  i cant get the samsung curve to recogize my s82 netxeon

was curious if a hdmi 2.0 wire would help.
                  i cant seem to get the tv to change the uhd color setting...
                  but no go
                  help
                  i have 2 4k tv's that's it

Comment

Originally posted by krzmtl View Post

but no go
                    help
                    => http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post271562
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by krzmtl View Post

but no go
                      help
                      This is a problem from the boxes.

I think (did not try final firmware yet) in RK3288 case, Netxeon could fix parcially the problem by changing some resistors on the board (they came to my office to do it while testing my 4K TV) and some other software modifications. I don't know if this problem is total fixed.

Anyway, you can contact Oman here in the forum, he is their software engineer...

Comment

Working...
                      X