Problem with flashing firmware - Download IDB Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s3ntrax View Post
    oh sorry that i posted here. Thanks for the info. What does this actually fix? I was able to flash the firmware fine before it was just the tronsmart that would either freeze on the bootup logo or the wasser firmware was painfully slow and crashing.
    I had problems flashing and only getting the boot screen like you i posted on the thread

i put debug output on and got this

Well I got to the bottom of the problem the firefly image does work. The loopback unmount of system image on some conditions is not working. Im not sure what the conditions are when it doesnt unmount for . I looked through the logs and seen this

+ FLASH_SYSTEM_TO_SDCARD
    + echo -n './create-android-sdcard: Flashing system '\''system.img'\'' to '\''/dev/sdd4'\'' ... '
    ./create-android-sdcard: Flashing system 'system.img' to '/dev/sdd4' ... + cd /home/grant/Desktop/r28/create-sdcard/Android/.
    + dd if=system.img of=/dev/sdd4 conv=sync,fsync
    795080+0 records in
    795080+0 records out
    407080960 bytes (407 MB) copied, 2.73035 s, 149 MB/s <------ too fast fo sd using loopback

whats happening is when you do this script the first time its works ok cause the problem partition isint on the usb drive yet. As soon as you plug that usb drive back in after the first time the system partition mounts and the loopback in the script also mount a system partition for some reason only known to the great automount system thats the problem.

That fix stops anything mounting and unmounting work properly and the script can run properly. its only the system partion thats effected cause it mounts as loop back and you really need that one.

to get some output of whats going on do this

cp create-android-sdcard create-android-sdcard-debug
    sed -i 's?> /dev/null 2>&1??' create-android-sdcard-debug
    sed -i 's?2> /dev/null??' create-android-sdcard-debug

basically this takes the > /dev/null away so you can see the output

update: forgot to say use create-android-sdcard create-android-sdcard-debug

do the same for the other script changing the filenames if you want output of whats going on
    Last edited by grant2258; 01-06-2015, 21:38.

Comment

if your having no joy flashing you nand from windows try linux get this

put the board in loader mode

1) pull power power adaptor out
      2) take sdcard out if one is in
      3) connect otg cable to pc and box
      3) get somethign to press the reset button thats non conductive in the av socket to press button in keep the button apply power (keep button in for about 15 secondsto be sure its had enough time)
      4) run the following command from Linux_Upgrade_Tool directory
      sudo ./upgrade_tool uf /path/to/update.img

that way you can do sdcard and flash your box normally

Comment

Originally posted by grant2258 View Post
        if your having no joy flashing you nand from windows try linux get this

put the board in loader mode

1) pull power power adaptor out
        2) take sdcard out if one is in
        3) connect otg cable to pc and box
        3) get somethign to press the reset button thats non conductive in the av socket to press button in keep the button apply power (keep button in for about 15 secondsto be sure its had enough time)
        4) run the following command from Linux_Upgrade_Tool directory

that way you can do sdcard and flash your box normally
        Thanks for the tips. I'll try to do the mount usb fix first to see if i can flash the SD card. I dont know if i mentioned but I'm using Mint via VirtualBox. Will the usb mount fix work though? Since I'm only stopping the virtual machine?

Also, I tried flashing via XP on VirtualBox and the box could not be recognized because it would have to be a normal install and not a virtual machine. Won't same thing happen with Mint?
        Tronsmart Draco Meta - Finless ROM
        Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - KnoxRaid ROM
        Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - xKat v3.2.1 ROM
        Tronsmart R28 Orion - Stock (not working)

Comment

alright i can confirm that the automount disable command doesn't work. I typed it in, rebooted the device and the usb card got auto mounted again. I guess cause its a Virtual Machine

Comment

alright i can confirm that the automount disable command doesn't work. I typed it in, rebooted the device and the usb card got auto mounted again. I guess cause its a Virtual Machine
            OK, so i installed Linux Mint on USB drive. Booted it up, typed in the command for automount disable and i think that worked. Ran the script as su and created the SD card. Inserted the sd card into tronsmart and all i get is a loop between a black screen and a snow/static screen. I have no idea what is going on.

Also, i attempted to flash the box itself using linux using the linux tools. No dice. The device was detected in Mask mode and then i got IDB Fail message just like i did on windows.

Comment

You should have a look at the log of 2.3
              => http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post268205
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

OK, so i installed Linux Mint on USB drive. Booted it up, typed in the command for automount disable and i think that worked. Ran the script as su and created the SD card. Inserted the sd card into tronsmart and all i get is a loop between a black screen and a snow/static screen. I have no idea what is going on.

Also, i attempted to flash the box itself using linux using the linux tools. No dice. The device was detected in Mask mode and then i got IDB Fail message just like i did on windows.
                did you low level format like no_spam_for_me said earlier

goto mask mode then

sudo ./upgrade_tool lf (lowlevel format)

then flash the image

if that dont work try

sudo ./upgrade_tool EF

something must have happened at bootloader change or the nand is corrupt. A low level format should fix that though
                Last edited by grant2258; 01-08-2015, 19:01.

Comment

goto mask mode then

then flash the image

if that dont work try

sudo ./upgrade_tool EF

something must have happened at bootloader change or the nand is corrupt. A low level format should fix that though
                  no I haven't tried low level format in Linux. Originally when no_spam_for_me told me about it i tried it in Windows, but that didn't work. Ill try it in linux tonight

Comment

I was messing about with my box am trying to get a working kernel and android compile in my messing about. I managed to get idb failed nothing seemed to fix it like you. The problem is the sdcard take it out. The got mask mode

Comment

I was messing about with my box am trying to get a working kernel and android compile in my messing about. I managed to get idb failed nothing seemed to fix it like you. The problem is the sdcard take it out. The got mask mode
                      I never had the SDcard in the box when i was trying to flash it via a PC

Comment

Strange I did have a I'd fails with my kernel flashing and a low lever format fixed it once the sd card was out

Comment

Strange I did have a I'd fails with my kernel flashing and a low lever format fixed it once the sd card was out
                          I still haven't had time to try to do the low lever format yet. I got Tronsmart Draco on Friday, plugged in, worked for about 5 minutes before the screen went black. Then the box wouldn't even power up. Eventually it powered up, booted to stock firmware and crashed again. Then it wouldn't boot pass the Tronsmart logo. I got so pissed off that I didn't want to do anything else except just relax. So I'm sending this one back and getting another one. I have a shitty luck i guess huh?

Hopefully this week ill be able to attempt the low level format in linux.

Comment

goto mask mode then

then flash the image

if that dont work try

sudo ./upgrade_tool EF

No dice. I give up with this boxClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2015-01-12 23:31:29.png
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	435951

Comment

No dice. I give up with this box[ATTACH=CONFIG]9773[/ATTACH]
                              how did you get into burning mode with the buton in the av socket? you need to mask rom it with the jumpers. I completely understand if you give up you havent had much luck

Comment

how did you get into burning mode with the buton in the av socket? you need to mask rom it with the jumpers. I completely understand if you give up you havent had much luck
                                yeah the button inside A/V socket. Whenever i tried to flash it on windows using various tools, it always said that MAsk mode was detected. Maybe cause i did short out those two points on the board at one point..

Comment

Working...
                                X