Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image-UT3_220 r28patch

Here is the patched image for R28.
    4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

Works great on my meta
    Default-parameter is set to 8GB.
    There are also files for 2GB and 4GB.
    Image is untouched. Only boot-image patched for remote.
    So far the best image for me.
    Regards
    Daniel

beelink r89 remote works too!
    Last edited by digitalriver; 09-06-2015, 20:43.

Comment

Thanks!
      Does it micro stuttering free?

Comment

Originally posted by dados View Post
        Here is the patched image for R28.
        4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

Works great on my meta
        Default-parameter is set to 8GB.
        There are also files for 2GB and 4GB.
        Image is untouched. Only boot-image patched for remote.
        So far the best image for me.
        Regards
        Daniel
        Can it please be shared via mega?

Comment

Pardon my English!!! This is the best firmware used in my box Beelink R89 . No micro cuts and wonderful image . Enter tools and ugoos tools and enable 4 cores of processing. Many thanks to the developers. hugs.

Comment

Originally posted by manero View Post
            Pardon my English!!! This is the best firmware used in my box Beelink R89 . No micro cuts and wonderful image . Enter tools and ugoos tools and enable 4 cores of processing. Many thanks to the developers. hugs.
            You have to thank UGOOS for making the firmware in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

+1

Comment

Originally posted by gffmac View Post

Can it please be shared via mega?
                MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Many thanks to the developers. hugs

Sorry my inglish

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Comment

Just been playing around with this ROM on my R28 for an hour.

Rooted easily with Towelroot.

Nice fast and fluid UI and I like the little touches such as the CPU temp in the status bar as a default and if the temps are to be believed then this is running much cooler than I have ever seen it before (an OC kernel may be worth trying on that basis).

SPDIF through Kodi works for any video that has AAC, MP3 or DTS sound but not 5.1, where it plays for a second or so before going silent and does this on a continuous cycle. Whilst I mention that DTS will play, it will not play natively if you select DTS capable receiver in settings but does play if Dolby Digital (AC3 capable receiver is. This will likely matter to some but not for others.

No audio issues with any file played through MX Player though, although I did find that there was more stuttering in 4k videos than I have seen before (Hollywood makeover 8000 being a good example)

General video playback in Kodi is good but there are still micro stutters here and there (Planet earth from pole to pole being one example.

The pre installed SPMC however has no issues with any audio playback at all through SPDIF when passthrough and dolby/dts are selected in settings, so that is great.

General video playback in SPMC is very good too, and colour depth is excellent so this looks like the player to go with.

Had issues restoring batches of apps from Titanium Backup where it would go so far with some apps and then just stop, so had to install a few from the Play Store.

No 1080p in standard Youtube and still small micro stutters when playing 720p.

OGYoutube just complains about there being a problem with the network [401]

WiFi and Ethernet speeds very good.

Web browsing nice and fast.

Overall, another great ROM which will have it's pros and cons compared to others but definitely worth a look at and hopefully HDMI passthrough will work as well as SPDIF output has for me.

At this moment for a KK ROM, it's a keeper for me.
                    Last edited by bluesmanuk; 09-08-2015, 06:26.
                    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                      Just been playing around with this ROM on my R28 for an hour.

Rooted easily with Towelroot.....

On the Ugoos UT3, there is an, "Install ROOT", option @Settings/Ugoos Settings/ APPS SETTINGS. Was this not present in this R28 patch?
                      Also, OGYoutube app works well on the UT3. I am curious why it would not work in this. Over at OGMods, they talk about sign-in fix(see below), I don't know if it will help it work in your case. I did not have to do anything other than install it. I did disable the F/W supplied stock Youtube app. OGYoutube plays 1080P very well on 2.2.0, though I think it runs even better on Ugoos' 5.1.a.
                      I wanted to add that Youtube videos up to 2160 will play in browser, but not well. 1080 Youtubes work great in the browser though.

Last edited by RISCy Dude; 09-08-2015, 07:52.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                        On the Ugoos UT3, there is an, "Install ROOT", option @Settings/Ugoos Settings/ APPS SETTINGS. Was this not present in this R28 patch?

It looks as though you are correct.

It's under the Ugoos settings area and is giving me the option to Uninstall ROOT, so I am guessing that it will be the reverse when not rooted.

Nicely spotted and another bonus for the ROM.

Comment

Flashed a TWRP recovery, which seems to work just fine.

Comment

Scratch the unified storage parameter file as it seems to work but when downloading, nothing gets downloaded because of a space issue.

Back to the drawing board.
                            Last edited by bluesmanuk; 09-08-2015, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

It's under the Ugoos settings area......
                              There are quite a few nice bits under Ugoos Settings. For instance, you can use the Fireasy Remote app for phones, choose the L.E.D.'s mode, etc. I don't know if these work on the R28, but I would think they would.

Comment

Working...
                              X