Orion R28 Meta - Download boot fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orion R28 Meta - Download boot fail

My R28 has been running Wasser MM 4.10 quite happily for ages. Yesterday I found it showing a grey screen with vertical lines. Tried all the usual restarts, alternative power supply, HDMI cable and TV inputs. Connected it to the laptop and as usual shorted the two pads on the board. That got me into Maskrom Mode, but normally gives: Found Loader. I tried to reflash 4.10. It shows Download boot started, followed some time later by Download boot fail. I tried erase flash. I tried using older laptops, Windows 7 and even XP. I tried changing the USB cable.

I've seen for other devices that shorting pins 7 and 8 on the NAND chip can help, but haven't been able to find the equivalent chip on the R28. Anyone have any info on that? Or some other way I can bring my beloved R28 back to life?

TIA

Couple of options. Use sd card in place of nan. Good posts in 3288 running os from sd card.

Take photo of the nan or if you dont know where nan is photo of the board (clear photo of entire board best) With that we should be able to help you short pins.

Regards
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Check this video to ensure that you are shorting the right pins.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Even easier then
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yep - I use exactly the same process as shown in the video (pins circled in red in the attached pic).

Unless there's a way to revive it by shorting pins on the NAND chip itself, I think I'll go down the SD route. Tks for the advice!
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
          X