UGOOS UT3 custom ROM ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UGOOS UT3 custom ROM ideas

I'm no programmer or custom ROM developer, but I do have some realistic ideas (I think) that could hopefully be implemented in a custom ROM. What makes the UGOOS so interesting is the "HDMI in" and the only other devices that had it was the GoogleTV boxes. I think we need to start by looking at what GoogleTV did right. There were some apps the took advantage of the "HDMI in" like Open Launcher for GoogleTV, PrimeTime, etc. I think getting these apps to work properly would be a start. In order to get PrimeTime working properly you would also have to be able to control your TV, cable box, and/or satellite box. You could do this a few ways like remapping the "video out" jack on the UT3 to work with an IR Blaster, or making it work with a third party 2.4G to IR converter box.

Anyway I figured I'd start a thread for a UGOOS custom ROM feature wish list. Feel free to add to my list.

I don't know the GoogleTV and specially not which SoC it had used and also i don't know the apps...
    But I know the rk3288 and I know it has no HDMI-in at the SoC so I think the HDMI is only a kind of HDMI-switch at the port...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I know nothing about what needs to be on a SoC to make it work, but I think I found the SoC info used with most, if not all, second gen GoogleTV's and GoogleTV boxes. Maybe someone with knowledge on this stuff can analyze it.

http://www.marvell.com/digital-enter...duct-Brief.pdf

Comment

It's because of the Marvell 88DE6010 which is able to handle the HDMI input...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
        X