Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBMC MP4 file

Hi,

I have an issue when I'm playing mp4 file from XBMC 13.x or 14.x trought FTP (Locale).
    I start the video with audio, than after a fiew second the video freez and the audio continu.
    I'm able to play this video from the Video player (the basic one), even MX Player have problem to read this file.

I have the same problem on my M8 Device (finless 1.8)

I have try to disable Acceleration in XBMC, without luck yet.

I have read that the mp4 file I'm trying to read are probably domaged.

Regardsd

With SPMC it is working.
    great.
    thank to "no_spam_for_me" for his advise.
    Have a nice day to all.

Comment

XBMC is a free and open-source media center player. XBMC can play almost all popular containers, audio and video formats, including:
      Container formats: AVI, FLV, MPEG, MP4, WMV, MKV/MKA (Matroska), ASF, QuickTime, M4A, AAC, etc.
      Video formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4SP, H.263, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), WMV, VC-1, RealVideo, SP , ASP, etc.
      Audio formats: CDDA, WAV/WAVE, PCM, AIFF, OGG, WMA, AC3, FLAC, AAC, etc.
      Why XBMC won't Play MP4?

From the above lists, we can clearly see that XBMC can support to play MP4, but actually MP4 is a container video format which may contain different codecs. Only those codecs in MP4s that can be recognized by XBMC can be played by XBMC.

How to Play MP4 on XBMC?

So in order to play all MP4 successfully on XBMC, the direct solution is to convert MP4 to XBMC more supported format, like AVI, WMV, etc. iDealshare VideoGo, as the best MP4 to XBMC converter, can easily batch convert MP4 to XBMC on Mac or Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by keepcalmly View Post
        XBMC is a free and open-source media center player. XBMC can play almost all popular containers, audio and video formats, including:
        Container formats: AVI, FLV, MPEG, MP4, WMV, MKV/MKA (Matroska), ASF, QuickTime, M4A, AAC, etc.
        Video formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4SP, H.263, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), WMV, VC-1, RealVideo, SP , ASP, etc.
        Audio formats: CDDA, WAV/WAVE, PCM, AIFF, OGG, WMA, AC3, FLAC, AAC, etc.
        Why XBMC won't Play MP4?

From the above lists, we can clearly see that XBMC can support to play MP4, but actually MP4 is a container video format which may contain different codecs. Only those codecs in MP4s that can be recognized by XBMC can be played by XBMC.

How to Play MP4 on XBMC?

So in order to play all MP4 successfully on XBMC, the direct solution is to convert MP4 to XBMC more supported format, like AVI, WMV, etc. iDealshare VideoGo, as the best MP4 to XBMC converter, can easily batch convert MP4 to XBMC on Mac or Windows.

Good explanation ! Very useful information here, I used to think it might be other problems, now I know is the codes stuffs. Thanks dude, and the free video converting program you re commended is helpful!

Comment

XBMC is a free media player for both Windows and Mac which can play various videos and audio from computer as well as CDs and DVDs. XBMC has support for lots of formats like MP4, AVI, FLV, MPEG, WMV, ASF, QuickTime, M4A, WAV/WAVE, PCM, AIFF, WMA, AC3, FLAC, AAC, etc.

The reason why XBMC cannot some MP4 files is different MP4 files embedded with different codec. XBMC can play MP4 files with its own known codec. In order to play any MP4 files in XBMC, you need to convert XBMC unknown MP4 codec to XBMC recognized codec. If you prefer a free tool, handbrake can manage it but you need to adjust the codec to XBMC. If you do not know the specific codec of your XBMC, it is difficult. In this case, you may try this: how to solve XBMC MP4 playing issues easily. Hope this can help all the readers here.

Comment

Working...
          X