UT3 now coming with a mini fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 now coming with a mini fan

Just had an email from Ugoos to say 'The new batch UT3 RK3288 device adds a mini fan to solve the over heat problem'

Will other RK3288 manufacturers be following suit I wonder?
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

yes and its overclocked to 2GHz! Mine's in the mail!

Comment

Loud fan noise Ugoos UT3

Hi there,

Yesterday I received my Ugoos UT3 with 4Gb ram and 32GB rom with overclocked cpu and fan.
      I am happy with the device but the fan makes such a loud noise that it's very disturbing.

Can someone here tell me how to open up the top cover so I can take a look what is making this noise?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by xnergy View Post
        Hi there,

Yesterday I received my Ugoos UT3 with 4Gb ram and 32GB rom with overclocked cpu and fan.
        I am happy with the device but the fan makes such a loud noise that it's very disturbing.

Can someone here tell me how to open up the top cover so I can take a look what is making this noise?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Steveboroughs for the link, I opened it up and disabled the fan, what a horrible sound it is making. Going to check the other topic to see if i can order a new fan. I wish Ugoos had paid more attention to this.

Comment

The fan is very noisy

I also can't see how it can be of much use. The case is pretty much sealed, so all that the fan can do is push around hot air. I can't see those little holes on the bottom of the case providing much air flow.

I disabled the fan (unplugged it) and have been running linux for a while. It has been stable so far. Spends most of the time at very low CPU frequencies. I ran a benchmark series. That got the CPU pretty warm, but it wasn't too bad.

- Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by KirbyCombat View Post
              I also can't see how it can be of much use. The case is pretty much sealed, so all that the fan can do is push around hot air. I can't see those little holes on the bottom of the case providing much air flow.

I disabled the fan (unplugged it) and have been running linux for a while. It has been stable so far. Spends most of the time at very low CPU frequencies. I ran a benchmark series. That got the CPU pretty warm, but it wasn't too bad.

- Kirby
              Yeah the case was designed for the original fan-less spec. I plan to 3d print a new top if I ever get the CAD file for the case design from Ugoos. I'm also running mine at 1.8 w/ no fan temporarily (for different reasons) but its nice not having that background noise.

Comment

Inside UT3

I got my box Q1/2015 with small fan

Comment

Working...
                X