X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android TV Remote App

How does one get the Android TV Remote App

to control a Ugoos UT3?

Installed the app on my Note 3, I'm on the same Wi-Fi network, but get message:
    "Android TV and this device [Note 3] need to be on the same Wi-Fi Network"

Tried with SPMC[XBMC], TV Launcher, no luck

Thanks.

Originally posted by system32 View Post
    How does one get the Android TV Remote App

to control a Ugoos UT3?

Installed the app on my Note 3, I'm on the same Wi-Fi network, but get message:
    "Android TV and this device [Note 3] need to be on the same Wi-Fi Network"

Tried with SPMC[XBMC], TV Launcher, no luck

Thanks.
    You can try to use RKRemoteControl application from Ugoos download section or from this direct link
    It works on my Galaxy S5 without any problems.
    Last edited by Eugene; 12-27-2014, 10:28. Reason: direct link added

Comment

Originally posted by Eugene View Post
      You can try to use RKRemoteControl application from Ugoos download section or from this direct link
      It works on my Galaxy S5 without any problems.
      Thanks, RKRemoteControl works a charm on my Note 3.

I see some devices also support Google's Remote TV App.
      See
      At Minix we strive for exceptional detail and unparalleled quality in products and materials, standing firmly behind the enduring, premium quality of our products. Our products aspire for more through quality design that is built to last, and small but thoughtful details that make the biggest difference.

Not sure what's required on the TV side to make Google's app work.

Comment

I see some devices also support Google's Remote TV App.
        See
        At Minix we strive for exceptional detail and unparalleled quality in products and materials, standing firmly behind the enduring, premium quality of our products. Our products aspire for more through quality design that is built to last, and small but thoughtful details that make the biggest difference.

Not sure what's required on the TV side to make Google's app work.
        It is easy to explain, all Minix devices who can be controlled by Google Remote - not Rockchip devices. As you can see - X6, X8, X8H, X8h plus - all is Amlogic SoC based devices.

Comment

It is easy to explain, all Minix devices who can be controlled by Google Remote - not Rockchip devices. As you can see - X6, X8, X8H, X8h plus - all is Amlogic SoC based devices.
          Not a function of the SoC.
          The RKRemoteControl connects to eHomeMediaCentre (both are Rockchip value add applications).
          eHomeMediaCentre.apk would probably work on other non RK devices.

MINIX/AMlogic, as a value add, also support Google Remote.
          Just hoping that RK does the same.

Comment

Not a function of the SoC.
            The RKRemoteControl connects to eHomeMediaCentre (both are Rockchip value add applications).
            eHomeMediaCentre.apk would probably work on other non RK devices.

MINIX/AMlogic, as a value add, also support Google Remote.
            Just hoping that RK does the same.
            Then why we don't see this application working on Minix X5 or Minix X7? Both is RK devices. It is not SoC specific, you right, but specific of SDK, i guess. Anyway i think we need research some about Google Remote working on RK based devices.

Comment

Then why we don't see this application working on Minix X5 or Minix X7? Both is RK devices. It is not SoC specific, you right, but specific of SDK, i guess. Anyway i think we need research some about Google Remote working on RK based devices.

ios?

Comment

Rk remote works on both x5 and x5 mini
                7. I use for both and even mini works with same. Girl friend hates when I use when she watching TV lol.
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

RKRemoteControl doesn't work in game mode

RKRemoteControl works fine with my LG-P705 in Input mode and Control mode, but not in Game mode.
                  Has anybody managed to play games using RKRemoteControl to control Ugoos UT3?

Comment

Working...
                  X