Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Ugoos UT3 - Droidfusion price and shipping seem low...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Ugoos UT3 - Droidfusion price and shipping seem low...

Hello, Has anyone purchased their Ugoos UT3 thru Droidfusion? If so, what shipping method did you use for USA address? How long till you received it?
    Is $119+$6 shipping the right price? Granted, that's for the "no fan 1.6GHz model and cheapest shipping choice(US Postal Service).
    $129+$6 for the "with fan" 1.8GHz 2GB/16GB model
    $159 for the "with fan" 4GB/32GB model
    This seems low.
    What's the deal?
    Thanks.
    RISCy Dude

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
    Hello, Has anyone purchased their Ugoos UT3 thru Droidfusion? If so, what shipping method did you use for USA address? How long till you received it?
    Is $119+$6 shipping the right price? Granted, that's for the "no fan 1.6GHz model and cheapest shipping choice(US Postal Service).
    $129+$6 for the "with fan" 1.8GHz 2GB/16GB model
    $159 for the "with fan" 4GB/32GB model
    This seems low.
    What's the deal?
    Thanks.
    RISCy Dude
    I purchased the 4GB/32GB model from DroidFusion so they're legit. Since I am also in New York City I received it in a few days. Please keep in mind the w/fan model is loud and modding it to be silent will void your warranty.

Comment

They are authorized by uGoos USA as a vendor give us an email will may beable to honor warranty issues for you

Comment

Originally posted by uGoos USA View Post
        They are authorized by uGoos USA as a vendor give us an email will may beable to honor warranty issues for you
        Hello, Should I have warranty issues, would I have to pay return shipping to NY or out of the country?

Comment

where located in the NY USA you would return ship to us instead of China, we handle all USA Sales by authorized USA vendors by uGoos USA

Comment

where located in the NY USA you would return ship to us instead of China, we handle all USA Sales by authorized USA vendors by uGoos USA
            Thanks for your reply, that's good to know.

Regarding 2GB/16GB version, other than the fan and clock speed, is there any difference in the PCB or other hardware?

Comment

No Sir

Comment

Do you also support Canadian sales by US authorised vendors?

Comment

i just bought and received a ugoos ut3 2gb 16gb With fan. Since I am only using it for simple xbmc playback, and I dont expect to draw much heat, can I simply unplug the fan?
                  Last edited by Electroman; 01-10-2015, 11:58. Reason: answered my own question- yes

Comment

Originally posted by Electroman View Post
                    i just bought and received a ugoos ut3 2gb 16gb With fan. Since I am only using it neededple xbmc playback, and I dont expect to draw much heat, can I simply unplug the fan?
                    The fan makes an unacceptable amount of noise, I dont know how anyone would be happy with the vibration and racket that the fan makes on these units.

This is my second ut3, I also have the 4gb 32 gb model that i altered the fan and fan mounting on and its fine. I actually posted in another ugoos thread about it. So I thought I would try the 2gb model since I like the ut3 alot, and thought it wouldnt come with a fan but it did. I dont car about warranty, I will never return it for any reason.
                    So my question is can I simply unplug it?
                    Hello Electroman, it is my understanding that the latest firmware has a fan control within it. I think it has an, "Auto-Off-On" selector. Though clock speed may be reduced. I would not think the warranty would be affected. Also, some of mo123's ROMs for the Nagrace or Beelink/Tronsmart are supposed to work on this board, and I understand the fan does not run when they are used.
                    I'm fixing to order the 2GB/16GB model without the fan, I figure I can mod the heatsink, case or add fan if needed for heat reduction. Looking forward to it.
                    -RISCy Dude
                    Last edited by RISCy Dude; 01-07-2015, 12:18. Reason: Editing...

Comment

Yes I am well aware of both ugoos newest beta rom 2.0.5B, and moes 1.4. I have tried both in my ut3. Moes has good root but will not allow fan to run, thats no good for the 4gb 32 gb, because it draws some heat. The ugoos beta rom allows the fan to run above 70c . It comes on for a minute then shuts down again. This is best option for the bigger ram model in my opinion. But now we find that they sell ut3 2gb, 16gb with and without fan. I bought one thinking it wouldnt have a fan but it does. I just want to unplug it but wanted a blessing from the higher ups first. Im going to just do it and test it out. I see no reason why it has to stay there. The last thing I care about is warranty. It can burn to a crisp and Ill youtube video it and everyone can get a good laugh lol.

Comment

Yes I am well aware of both ugoos newest beta rom 2.0.5B, and moes 1.4. I have tried both in my ut3. Moes has good root but will not allow fan to run, thats no good for the 4gb 32 gb, because it draws some heat. The ugoos beta rom allows the fan to run above 70c . It comes on for a minute then shuts down again. This is best option for the bigger ram model in my opinion. But now we find that they sell ut3 2gb, 16gb with and without fan. I bought one thinking it wouldnt have a fan but it does. I just want to unplug it but wanted a blessing from the higher ups first. Im going to just do it and test it out. I see no reason why it has to stay there. The last thing I care about is warranty. It can burn to a crisp and Ill youtube video it and everyone can get a good laugh lol.
                        I think I remember reading somewhere that the RK3288 will throttle at risky temps. The tiny heatsinks on many of these boards seem minimalist, at best. Heatsinks are heavy(relatively) and I understand that they raise costs otherwise. But as we all know, adequate cooling greatly increase lifespan, reliability and performance.
                        Relative to most, the X8-H Plus has a huge heatsink and no fan. Do they run cool?

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                          I think I remember reading somewhere that the RK3288 will throttle at risky temps. The tiny heatsinks on many of these boards seem minimalist, at best. Heatsinks are heavy(relatively) and I understand that they raise costs otherwise. But as we all know, adequate cooling greatly increase lifespan, reliability and performance.
                          Relative to most, the X8-H Plus has a huge heatsink and no fan. Do they run cool?
                          I recently sold an x8-h, yes it ran very cool, but I got irritated with amlogic and minix in general.

Us as users and consumers we should not have to re engineer these things. It seems that technology should be good enough to produce a simple mini pc without all the engineering shortfalls that we see.

The two UT3s I bought have severely loud fans. No problem for an electrician, I work with my hands and tools everyday. Modifying the box or cooling block, or fans or whatever is nothing for me but for the common pencil pusher ??? I couldn't imagine.

Yeah I may just replace my heatsink with a bigger one now

Comment

I recently sold an x8-h, yes it ran very cool, but I got irritated with amlogic and minix in general.

Us as users and consumers we should not have to re engineer these things. It seems that technology should be good enough to produce a simple mini pc without all the engineering shortfalls that we see.

The two UT3s I bought have severely loud fans. No problem for an electrician, I work with my hands and tools everyday. Modifying the box or cooling block, or fans or whatever is nothing for me but for the common pencil pusher ??? I couldn't imagine.

Yeah I may just replace my heatsink with a bigger one now
                            I agree with your users/consumer comments 100%.
                            I imagine the fan was an easier and cheaper stopgap for Ugoos to address a critical heat issue. Certainly in the TV box/HTPC world, fanless is desirable. I don't know why they just don't make cases that are vented for natural air flow-through. It would improve the cooling with a given heatsink and have less need for a fan.
                            Anyway, I have a UT3 on the way. Like you, I too work with my hands. So improving the stock cooling solution shouldn't be an issue. Hope I like the box otherwise though.
                            Last edited by RISCy Dude; 01-08-2015, 03:16.

Comment

the box is great, im sure youll like it. I liked mine so much I bought another, and i also bought a um3 just for the heck of it. Its dragging its behind in shipping right now.
                              you know thats another issue. I love the products China puts out but man does it ever take a long time to go through the shipping process. I would spend so much more money on their products if they could just get here a little quicker, Lol. I bought a um3 roughly a month ago and im still waiting.I almost dont even want it any more lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X