Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugoos, Ugoos USA and Droidfusion - My experience...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos, Ugoos USA and Droidfusion - My experience...

Hello, I want to describe my experience with these three.

The order was placed with Droidfusion(US), who is an authorized dealer/retailer for Ugoos USA(US), who is an authorized reseller for Ugoos(China). All this adds up to local US inventory(in NY), local return for warranty issues(to NY) and a pretty nice TV box. Add that to a competitive price and I decided to try them.

I tried to get a different box form Geekbuying first(was unaware of the above). Result, no box and out my money for three+ weeks.

After much thought, I ordered the Ugoos UT3, 2GB/16GB model from Droidfusion. I used the standard USPS shipping option.

The order went perfectly. Even though hours later I changed the order to a different version(with fan). It did not slow them down much. They sent a paypal request for the difference. I paid it. They shipped it and I received it two days later on Monday. By the way, it was Friday PM when I changed the order, I got it the following Monday AM. That seems fast, at least in the TV box world.
    I am impressed with both the service and the UT3, thus far. If you are considering a UT3, at this point, before you buy, I'd suggest giving them a look.
    No, I do not work for any of these outfits. It's just my opinion on the experience. I hope this trio continue to operate in this manner. I would think it would be a welcomed change in this biz.
    -RISCy Dude

Thank you very much for your support of uGoos Products we will do our best to keep you happy

Comment

Just ordered mine this afternoon. Thankful for a US vendor. Primary reason for my purchase: HDMI input port. Needed that!

Comment

Just ordered mine this afternoon. Thankful for a US vendor. Really great that it only takes 2 days Priority Mail USA. Primary reason for my purchase: HDMI input port. Needed that! Youtube videos show it working flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by jyams View Post
          Just ordered mine this afternoon. Thankful for a US vendor. Really great that it only takes 2 days Priority Mail USA. Primary reason for my purchase: HDMI input port. Needed that! Youtube videos show it working flawlessly.
          Hello jyams, I hope you get your box soon, however, the weather over the next few days may cause some delay. I would think you will still get it way sooner than had you purchased elsewhere. Keep us posted. If your box arrives Monday or Tuesday, I will be more impressed with them than I am already.
          Waiting is the worst. I heard a character on the Simpsons say, "Ah, anticipation, better than the moment, better than the memory". I don't fully share his opinion, but I understand what he means.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
            Hello jyams, I hope you get your box soon, however, the weather over the next few days may cause some delay. I would think you will still get it way sooner than had you purchased elsewhere. Keep us posted. If your box arrives Monday or Tuesday, I will be more impressed with them than I am already.
            Waiting is the worst. I heard a character on the Simpsons say, "Ah, anticipation, better than the moment, better than the memory". I don't fully share his opinion, but I understand what he means.
            Thinking Thursday due to the USPS holiday today. Amazon Prime's delivery is pretty impressive. I ordered some HDMI cables Friday night and got them Sunday in my mailbox delivered by USPS. Amazon is using USPS now for Prime Sunday deliveries. On the UT3, droidfusion website says it comes with firmware v 2.04, so I guess I'll read up on downloading and doing the update manually. The other forum says the OTA is not functioning correctly, and since its the Chinese New Year, most Chinese folks aren't working so it'll probably be awhile until the OTA issues are corrected.

Comment

Thinking Thursday due to the USPS holiday today. Amazon Prime's delivery is pretty impressive. I ordered some HDMI cables Friday night and got them Sunday in my mailbox delivered by USPS. Amazon is using USPS now for Prime Sunday deliveries. On the UT3, droidfusion website says it comes with firmware v 2.04, so I guess I'll read up on downloading and doing the update manually. The other forum says the OTA is not functioning correctly, and since its the Chinese New Year, most Chinese folks aren't working so it'll probably be awhile until the OTA issues are corrected.
              Yeah, forgot about President's Day. The download for 2.0.6 has good instructions for upgrading the firmware. I did it last night, it worked just fine. I ordered the 2GB/16GB model with fan, it came with 2.0.5.b. That firmware worked OK for me. In addition to some fixes, 2.0.6 adds a few features. I'm going to try some of the dual-boot firmwares in a few days, though I might wait until their next revision.
              Stay warm.
              Last edited by RISCy Dude; 02-19-2015, 03:43.

Comment

UT3 took 2 weeks to arrive from DroidFusion, but not the fault of them. I used priority mail option at purchase but USPS shipped it all over the U.S. for a week before it got back on track and arrived. I am convinced they lost it, but can't prove it. Anyway, it arrived last Thursday in pristine condition. When I booted up I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had already been updated to firmware 2.0.6 (DroidFusion website said it would have 2.0.4 at the time of order). So, I only had to boot up and get everything setup. It has worked flawlessly all weekend. Very impressive. Only complaint is the internal fan noise, which is well documented. I turned it off in the settings/Ugoos and have checked the UT3 many times during movies and regular use and it shows no excessive heat to the touch nor any malfunctioning. I'm leaving the fan off for now. Very satisfied.

Comment

UT3 took 2 weeks to arrive from DroidFusion, but not the fault of them. I used priority mail option at purchase but USPS shipped it all over the U.S. for a week before it got back on track and arrived. I am convinced they lost it, but can't prove it. Anyway, it arrived last Thursday in pristine condition. When I booted up I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had already been updated to firmware 2.0.6 (DroidFusion website said it would have 2.0.4 at the time of order). So, I only had to boot up and get everything setup. It has worked flawlessly all weekend. Very impressive. Only complaint is the internal fan noise, which is well documented. I turned it off in the settings/Ugoos and have checked the UT3 many times during movies and regular use and it shows no excessive heat to the touch nor any malfunctioning. I'm leaving the fan off for now. Very satisfied.
                  Glad you got your UT3. Unfortunately, it seems several things conspired to slow your box's arrival. Starting with the holiday Monday. I'm not defending USPS, but I imagine weather caused some changes to their usual routes and routing, throwing a wrench in to the gears.
                  Nevertheless, I'm glad you got it and it is doing well so far.
                  BTW In case you are unfamiliar, checkout the remote's "long-press" features.
                  Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                  X